Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ishmel Demontagnac

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
BBC are reporting hes been sacked by Walsall, 'series of serious breaches of club discipline'. Has looked a good young player, another player who with the right application could have made a good future for himself in the game, wrong attitude though, like alot of youngsters these days.

D

dazmanwolf

Do we REALLY need someone with discipline problems unsettling our squad?

We got rid of all of those players in the summer. PASS!

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I didnt say we should sign him. I was just making the point that heres another one who with the right attitude could have made something of himself.

T

Tuco

Good player at times, but best to leave him be I think. I guess being a top player there has given him a poor attitude, wants to watch himself though, there's a long list of these promising players just disappearing.

I would think Walsall would still be entitled for a fee though, like when there was talk of Barton getting sacked at Newcastle.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't see anywhere in that post where he suggested us buying him...

K

Kenny-11

Walsall fan at work reckons he has been on the verge of a sacking for a while. Incident last season with an office girl on top off violent conduct red cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Del Woppio

I'd sign him. He's a talented young player, with the right guidance he could be very useful. We'd not have a lot to lose by offering a 6 month contract as cover for either wing

J

jbarnettuk1984

9 goals in 81 appearances at League 1 level.

Add that to all the other issues and you have a player probably worth missing. Someone like him would cause more trouble in the dressing room then it's worth. Especially seen as we have Jarvo on his way back and Gray and Carlos Edwards doing a good job as cover. Also, if the step up from League 1 to Championship isn't difficult enough, where we want to be - The Premiership - is a whole new ball game again.

I can't imagine Mick will look twice. However, if we sign him tomorrow i'll be happy to admit i'm wrong ;)

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The office girl "on off top" sounds interesting.

If this was a sackable offence there would be a few more in the dole queue

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen 'ASBO' a few times for Walsall and he's $$$$.

God knows why he's allegedly highly rated.

A

Atlas 1951

Shame. I'd have liked to have heard Paul Merson try to get his laughing gear around that name on Soccer Saturday.

J

jlovatt

Shame. I'd have liked to have heard Paul Merson try to get his laughing gear around that name on Soccer Saturday.

He should know it, I think he was still manager of Walsall when Demontagnac came into the first team! :D

D

Dewsburywolf

He should know it, I think he was still manager of Walsall when Demontagnac came into the first team! :D

Still doesn't mean he can pronounce his name though does it? Isn't Jack Charlton alleged to have called Tony Cascarino the ice cream-man cos he couldn't pronounce his surname?

J

jlovatt

Still doesn't mean he can pronounce his name though does it? Isn't Jack Charlton alleged to have called Tony Cascarino the ice cream-man cos he couldn't pronounce his surname?

Is it just me that thinks his name sounds like a whiskey...I'm sure Merson will remember that

:D

D

Dewsburywolf

Is it just me that thinks his name sounds like a whiskey :D

Certainly sounds like some sort of alcoholic beverage. Probably the Frenchness (is that a word?) but I know what you mean.

Mr. Merson is of course a reformed character now? :rolleyes:

A

Atlas 1951

Is it just me that thinks his name sounds like a whiskey...I'm sure Merson will remember that

:D

Surely more of a cognac/armagnac/aperitif type spirit?

I've made myself thirsty, now...

D

Deanowolf

Only so many chances you can give a player, this one (whos name i can't be bothered trying to spell) has obviously used all of his up.

Will be a good signing for a Championship or League one side with a manager who has strong character to get him on the straight and narrow, you only have to look at what he did to Southend this season to see that he has the potential.

B

broughtonwolf

If he makes a success of it at Crystal Palace - this, in a nutshell is surely the problem for clubs, Walsall have sacked him for ill discipline or breach of code of condcut and the player ends up with another club straight away, to rub salt into the wounds, this time in a higher division.

So Walsall get the moral high ground and nothing else?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is a good very good prospect, but that is about it. To hear Walsall's gaffer saying "on his day, he can open up any premier league defence".. is kinda laughable. However, he is a talent and i just hope i certain individual we have down here doesn't go down the same path.

D

Dewsburywolf

If he makes a success of it at Crystal Palace - this, in a nutshell is surely the problem for clubs, Walsall have sacked him for ill discipline or breach of code of condcut and the player ends up with another club straight away, to rub salt into the wounds, this time in a higher division.

So Walsall get the moral high ground and nothing else?

Only on trial though isn't it? Surely Walsall will still hold his registration so if he's successful at Palace they'll still get some kind of fee for him won't they?

M

Mugwump

i think they terminated his contract, so they wont get a thing.

D

Dewsburywolf

i think they terminated his contract, so they wont get a thing.

Didn't Chelsea sack/terminate Mutu's contract. Pretty sure they ended up getting something for him in the end didn't they?

Didn't they sue him for compensation or something?

D

Dewsburywolf

They still hold his registration though

That's what I thought Kenny. So Walsall probably would get something wouldn't they?

Didn't Collymore have a similar situation when he announced his retirement whilst still with that foreign club cos he threw a moody?

djackl

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walsall have said they will hold his registration until the new year I think.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps he and mark davies could compare rude boy mates. Agree he does sound like a whisky.

D

Dewsburywolf

Walsall have said they will hold his registration until the new year I think.

They'd have to wouldn't they? Can't sell him until the transfer window opens again and would run the risk of getting nothing for him if they just ripped his contract up.

Fickle world of football that someone always wants to sign players (if they're talented enough) no matter whether they're scumbags or not. Joey Barton being a perfect example which I believe someone has already pointed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom