Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I'm no happy-clapper but...

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In the last 15 years 'big' teams have gone down to Division 3/League One. It's not arrogant to say we are now one of those. This list includes (in no order):

Manchester City; Sheffield United; Sheffield Wednesday; Leeds; Southampton; Norwich; Leicester and Forest.

It also includes some arguably 'big' teams in: Charlton; Huddersfield and QPR.

What you will notice is that only Sheffield United are now below us, and can pass us if they win the play-offs. My point being that relegation to Division 3/League One isn't so bad in my opinion but actually, historically and statistically-wise it is likely we will be back. And very possibly stronger.

Only Portsmouth have failed in gaining any type of success in League One but their circumstances are very different.

I think we need rid of Saunders and need a manager who likes to play 'football' a bit more - but I'm not talking Swansea here. Just not hoof, hoof, hoof all the time. And we can probably get away with fostering a new start in League One better than we did in The Championship. Then, it is likely we will hit at least the play-offs next season. And I don't think the power of a positive season should be underestimated in changing the mood around Wolves. Then the potential to 'do a Norwich/Southampton' is there, but, one step at a time.

Out of Darkness cometh... more darkness. But next season, I am hopeful of seeing some light. Over to you Morgan/Mox... :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:

O.W.E.I

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the last 15 years 'big' teams have gone down to Division 3/League One. It's not arrogant to say we are now one of those. This list includes (in no order):

Manchester City, Sheffield Wednesday and Leeds;

My point being that relegation to Division 3/League One isn't so bad in my opinion but actually, historically and statistically-wise it is likely we will be back. And very possibly stronger.

I think we need rid of Saunders and need a manager who likes to play 'football' a bit more - but I'm not talking Swansea here. Just not hoof, hoof, hoof all the time. And we can probably get away with fostering a new start in League One better than we did in The Championship. Then, it is likely we will hit at least the play-offs next season. And I don't think the power of a positive season should be underestimated in changing the mood around Wolves. Then the potential to 'do a Norwich/Southampton' is there, but, one step at a time.

Out of Darkness cometh... more darkness. But next season, I am hopeful of seeing some light. Over to you Morgan/Mox... :eek:

Fixed it for you.

Back
Top Bottom