Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If you knew that Wolves for the next 7 seasons were…..

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes when I read the threads, I wonder if some fans will ever be happy and do they get any enjoyment at all.
This is NOT about satisfaction. It’s about the ability to enjoy being a Wolves fan.

So if, for the next 7 seasons in the PL Wolves bounce around between 8th. and 16th with no trophies, could you be reasonably content with that and accept it? Would you be more a grumpy or a sunny fan?
Well, you just might be about to be tested.

But to what extent could you accept it and enjoy it? …… a scale of 5 , (5 being content ), Deliberately rejected doing a poll.

so would you be a 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.

I’m a solid 5. :)

Last edited:

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sometimes when I read the threads, I wonder if some fans will ever be happy and do they get any enjoyment at all.
This is NOT about satisfaction. It’s about the ability to enjoy being a Wolves fan.

So if, for the next 7 seasons in the PL Wolves bounce around between 8th. and 16th with no trophies, could you be reasonably content with that and accept it? Would you be more a grumpy or a sunny fan?

But to what extent could you accept it and enjoy it? …… a scale of 5 , (5 being content ), Deliberately rejected doing a poll.

5 for me VancouverWolf, but then i was content being in the Championship, but we are in the premier long term now COYW

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5 for me VancouverWolf, but then i was content being in the Championship, but we are in the premier long term now COYW
I love being up here in the PL…..the view is great. I only saw the 8 minute highlights of today’s game…..wow, great attacking and near misses. I‘m getting pumped for next Sat.
Literally, my next door neighbour is a Leicester fan. Lovely young couple, just moved in before covid. We will beat them…..it’s time.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're Wolves, we all know we won't win the league but a Cup win would be good before I snuff it. I hope Lage takes both Cups more seriously than Nuno did.
Hard to disagree mate. Unless there is a huge sea change, the usual suspects have the titles sewn up with their financial fair play cobblers. You have a few years on me, but I think you are right, a cup win is likely to be as good as it gets.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
I’m not sure Fosun would be content with that. But I get what you mean.

chignalwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I love being up here in the PL…..the view is great. I only saw the 8 minute highlights of today’s game…..wow, great attacking and near misses. I‘m getting pumped for next Sat.
Literally, my next door neighbour is a Leicester fan. Lovely young couple, just moved in before covid. We will beat them…..it’s time.
Agree mate, and its where we have always belonged, plus i think its great having fans from all over the World, We are all Wolves ;)

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Being trophyless is our natural state of being. I guess that’s the downside of being Premier League, there’s no tinpot paint/lager/fizzy pop trophy to win. However, if we could win an FA Cup, I would be beside myself with joy.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m a solid 5. :)
It’s a 5 from me VW.

The Premier League is definitely the place to be. Theres an aura to wearing my smart Wolves shirts and jackets when I am on holiday and getting into conversation with other teams supporters.

Clubs like West Ham, Southampton, Everton, Newcastle etc have consistently flirted between 8th and 16th for many more than 7 years and I bet their supporters are happy to survive and look forward to being able to buy Premier League class players and watching football at the best stadiums in Europe, which are full to capacity every week.

I do enjoy being a Wolves fan. It costs me more money than any other hobby (if that’s the word) I have but it’s something I have done for most of my life and I will never change. Sometimes I enjoy spending £12 to watch a top notch film at the cinema which has more entertainment than watching an expensive Premier League Wolves game but the enjoyment I get from a Wolves win far outweighs that!

I am a grumpy as well as a sunny fan for obvious reasons (just ask my wife) but it has to be a 5 from me!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's a question about the fans who need WWFC to be the most important thing in the world really. Football is important, but it's unhealthy to pin your whole happiness level on something that you have no control over and no active input into except as a spectator or very minor investor.
For me now, it s a 5 because i can watch every match but am necessarily detached onto other lifestyle interests that make me happy.

If i was living in Wolverhampton, it would probably be a 2 or 3....I would depend on Wolves a lot more for the social benefits.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think in a way all football fans are romantics and as far as Wolverhampton Wanderers are concerned, a lot of us still yearn for our glorious past, when in the 1950s we were arguably the biggest club in the country and one of the most influential clubs in the world.
We naturally long for those days to return despite the fact that the game of football and the world has changed beyond recognition. I think we can be immensly proud of that history but have to accept the realities of today and unless we get taken over by someone like Abramovich we are going to have to settle for what we have, which is hopefully premier league respectability. We are still a very unique and recognisable club and I get a real buzz out of being a Wolves fan even if we don't win anything these days. 7 out of 10.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it would be a 5 for me. Another 7 years in the prem should consolidate the club in the prem for a generation.

I feel we are two or three key injuries and a bad season away from relegation. I want to be free from that risk. Much in the same way Leicester, Everton, Arsenal, and Spurs will feel they always have enough to stay up.

I think that was my biggest concern with Nuno's small squad mentality. I understand how it helps team spirit and player involvement, but it's also very high risk strategy - as we saw last season.

Lage has identified the right number of additions - add 3 or 4 first team players and get everyone back fit and we should be a very secure mid table club.

That is they type of solid foundations I want for for the club - year in year out. It helps in player recruitment and it helps getting the best youngsters for the academy which feeds more success.

PM Wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Easy to cast aspersions from miles away, so from a scale of 1 to 5 how many games you attending?
But what is your vote? By the way, this is a horrible comment and you sound like a very bitter

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I would go with a 5 because you have to be realistic but at the same time I would like us to be capable of competing with the big clubs.

The first season and the second to a degree, it felt like that, on our day we could genuinely outplay most sides or at least cause them problems but last year that seemed to disappear. Fair enough we beat Arsenal (but a below par Arsenal) and Chelsea at home but after that I pretty much resigned myself to getting beat by the bigger clubs.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't take into account quality of football. Are you saying seven seasons of Premier League like, for example, last season, which veered between average and downright excruciating? What's the point?

Personally I wouldn't take seven seasons of barely scoring any goals and feeling thoroughly bored and hacked off just to be a fan of a PL club in name only, no.

However, I'd be more than happy to knock around between 8th and 16th for the next seven years if we were an attacking, competitive team who were never quite good enough to achieve more but who at least entertained and scored goals more often than not.

Enjoying the football you're watching and feeling proud of your team's performances is way, way more important than sitting there each June and saying, Whew, we're still a top flight club, even if we're ****.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never below 16th, I'd take that all day. Never qualifying for European competitions we're unlikely to win? Never mind. Let's win a Cup.

A 5 for me.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure Fosun would be content with that. But I get what you mean.

I'd hope they wouldn't be content with that.....
I'd begrudgingly settle for it ( not much we can do about it!) If we were at least playing an entertaining brand of football and scoring goals but the club ( as should every club) should be aiming for more than midtable mediocrity.
2 on your scale.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I always thought I’d hate to be a Southampton or a Palace and just be happy with a mid table finish but, truth be told, I’ll be excited about any wolves game at any time and will forget about the circumstances like in league 1.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would get a solid 5 for me.
Throw in the occasional Europa run or, god forbid, an actual domestic cup final nvm win it, then an easy 7-8.
Staying in the prem without resorting to Pulis-ball is still quite the achievement, if you consider the very few that have not been relegated in that timeframe.
There’s a lot to be said for daring to dream but left only slightly disappointed, as long as don’t have to suffer the ultimate, crushing disappointment of relegation.
Anyone that wouldn’t accept your proposal, deep down, has temporarily forgotten how heartbreaking the drop really is.

el gringo

Reaction score
I think I would be OK with 7 years of 8th to 16th IF, CAVEAT, I were being entertained. If we had 50% possession through that period, and played interesting, clever football, then yes. If we averaged 28% possession and were typically pressed back into our own third of the field, hoofing clear, and relying on super-speedy breakaways to score goals, then I would get bored.

Last edited:

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bro make sure to throw some flares into your neighbours yard before you jump the fence and take their end

remember though that if they are shirters it's not cool to hit them

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you look at near neighbours Villa and see them in the rear view mirror and watch as they catch up and pass you out it lessens the dreams we had of Fosun having us as a top 6 team and regularly in Europe. I think this season ahead is about staying up.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
5. Winning anything is always going to need a lot of luck ck given the resources the Scum Six have. Being in the PL and bloodying a few noses each season will do me fine. Be nice if we could do it with a little style but at the end of the day I’ll be going to Molineux with my lad u TIL I’m not able to and I’d rather be watching PL games than Bristol City and Reading!

My concern this summer is that as things stand a flirt with relegation looks far more likely than the top half, let alone top 8. Injuries to key players, a new manager taking over a squad built to play in a very specific way and tough opening fixtures are worrying, the fact we are still short of a CH and CM even more so.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think staying mid table in the prem for that long would mean there would be a mid value baseline of happiness.
How much or below or above that I actually felt I think would depend on generally how we were playing style, what wins were we competing with and sometimes beating some of the bigger teams or were we grinding out results against lower teams.
Also how I felt club was being managed on and off field,
and if it felt like we were doing a good job and performing well for our resources etc. or it if felt like there had been missed opportunities. I suspect that after that long unless our finances had had a big downturn and it felt like we were achieving as much as we could based on that that continuing mid table with no upward progress might start to get a bit frustrating and feel like some opportunities had been missed

Anyway after all that I'll say 3

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm going to say I'd be a 0 or 1 - which is purely a function of being an old git.

I want Wolves to win something before I go - and I am STILL bloody angry at Nuno throwing that FA Cup game.

So while I appreciate it isn't everyone's view, I'd prefer to gamble. I'd rather risk the Championship for the sake of winning something. I find it strange but I get more passionate about Wolves the older I get, and I'm sure part of that is a sense of time running out.

**** Palace and Southampton. Let's go, Bruno!!

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When you look at near neighbours Villa and see them in the rear view mirror and watch as they catch up and pass you out it lessens the dreams we had of Fosun having us as a top 6 team and regularly in Europe. I think this season ahead is about staying up.

I'm really not convinced that Villa are going to do as well this season as everyone thinks they will.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For us to be mid table nothing team I’d want us to at least win a cup otherwise it’s going to be very boring
We havent won anything in almost 50 years be prepared to be bored lol
If we can have another 7 years in the Prem i would be more than happy
Of course we would all like top 6 ,good cup runs etc,but in reality we need 2/3 seasons to consolidate and bring in more players,hopefully this is the second of those seasons, and we can evolve over the next 2 and then start looking upward with more certainty and optimism

Back
Top Bottom