Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I Thank You.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Who is it that you would like to thank for taking you to your first Wolves game. My Brother in Law took me in the early 70s during the Doog, Waggy, Richards era. Some great memories of Uefa Cup and League Cup vs City. He is in his early 70s now and me my early 60s. We are both still season ticket holders. Thank you Arthur. I am forever thankful.

T

TheConcourse

I came across Wolves via an eSports tournament last week. Still have a 100% no loss record. Thanks, Jeff.

Joking.

My old man. He dragged me out of school and took me to Stoke away on a freezing cold mid-week game. No affinity or relationship to the local area, so the games are pretty far away for us, but I’ll always do at least 10 a season to keep his memory going after he passed away last year.. and drag my son up to do the same! Unlucky, lad.

Up the ****ing Wolves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My 1st game was on Wednesday, December 20th, 2011, in Wolves 2-2 Norwich City, when Ronald Zubar planted in an 80th-minute header to grab a point.

Aged 14 and from a household with a just about bearable income, my Mum got a call inviting my twin and me along at the last minute after school by one with the Youth Service workers.

That was a big deal and was undoubtedly the spark for me to love this Football Club.

I forgot which Youth Worker it specifically was, but I owe you one nearly 10 1/2 years on!

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dad, 1968 when I was six years old; the first game I specifically remember was against Man Utd and Ian Ure had just signed for them from Arsenal; there was a Stars of Soccer sticker book that had George Best on the cover and the Doog and Ure in his Arsenal kit challenging for a header on the back so I knew who he was. I think that was a 2 all draw in 1969 though.

ewarwoowar

Reaction score
my dad took me down the Molineux when i was 7,i took my son down when he was 7 and then took the grand daughter when she was 7 and then the grandson when he was 7.Purely coincidental but 7 seems a common age,good job i am not a seventh son of a seventh son....ha ha

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dad, 1968 when I was six years old; the first game I specifically remember was against Man Utd and Ian Ure had just signed for them from Arsenal; there was a Stars of Soccer sticker book that had George Best on the cover and the Doog and Ure in his Arsenal kit challenging for a header on the back so I knew who he was. I think that was a 2 all draw in 1969 though.
Ha ha, I just found that sticker book on eBay, some chancer wants £700 for it o_O

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
Thanks Dad!

Took me to my first game on 30th August 1975. Wolves 0 Arsenal 0. I seem to remember him saying how bad the game was afterwards, but I was completely addicted.

Never realised at the time that that would be one of the most influential days of my life. Now get to pass on my addiction to my 2 boys who despite being born in Sheffield and free to support whoever they want are proud season ticket holders and wouldn’t dream of giving their allegiance to any other team.

Unfortunately lost my Dad in 2003. RIP and thanks again.

R

reanswolf

I’ve still got that sticker book with every player in it.

Just can’t bin it.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If it’s Ian Ire’s debut for them I’m pretty sure it’s a 0-0 draw before a packed out Molineux. Wolves had started with four straight wins and were joint top when United came to town.

No Waggy unfortunately, he was injured, young Paul Walker took his place.

The Doog and Ian sure had a fantastic tussle but honours were even at full time.

It was season 69-70

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Another one whose Dad is to thank/blame.

First game was shortly before my 7th birthday in a rare 3-1 win at home to Cardiff in April 1985 as we were relegated into the old Division 4. 6 hour round trip back in those days lying across the back of an old Mini (you’d probably get done for child cruelty these days). Additional thanks to my Grandad for the Morlands Beer Crate so I could see from the South Bank.

First real Wolves memory is seeing my Dad almost moved to tears on the walk back to the car after losing the first leg of the Div 4 Play-Offs away at Aldershot. After that though, the next couple of years were fantastic. Went to nearly every home game in Div 3 and 4 (and a few ‘local’ away ones at Peterborough, Cambridge and most bizarrely Lincoln for a 0-0 midweek game in the Littlewoods Cup…getting home in the early hours of the morning with my Mum furious). Seemed like Bully scored 3 or 4 most weeks.

Struggled through the Championship years then started playing to a reasonable level myself so never got to watch us live in the Premier League during the Dave Jones season. So it was quite poignant that the first ever time I saw Wolves in the top flight in person was on my 30th Birthday under Mick having been able to return the favour to my Dad and start buying him his season ticket.

The last game I got to see live with him was the Braga game at home where I treated him to one of the corporate boxes for his 70th birthday. Unfortunately, he became quite ill soon after and whilst he still follows us avidly on TV, I can’t help thinking that having our last game together watching players like Neves, Jota and Raul in the Europa League, having gone through those long journeys in our darkest hour, brought everything full circle.

In many ways, my relationship with my Dad has been shaped by our relationship with Wolves and despite the many heartbreaks, setbacks, and false dawns, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Thanks Dad.

Last edited:

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was around 1953/54. Wolves were playing to become the first division champions. My five elder brothers were split in their support, 4 following Stanley Matthews Blackpool, and the other was following Wolves, so I went with the underdog. Never changed my loyalty no matter what. It is almost 70 years of support to our beloved team and City - Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Living at other WWFC

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have to thank British Rail for taking this then 13 year old from Lichfield to Wolverhampton via New Street.
And all those fellas wearing old gold and black who I could follow to find my way to the stadium to watch Wolves beat West Brom 2-0 in the fog, January 1981.
My grandad is to blame for Wolves being my team.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Dad. Very early 1970s. Can’t remember the match, but remember the famous Leeds game in 1972.

He also took me to Shrewsbury and Wrexham a fair few times.

He was passionate about local football
Sounds much like my own old man. We did Wolves and Salop.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s Ian Ire’s debut for them I’m pretty sure it’s a 0-0 draw before a packed out Molineux. Wolves had started with four straight wins and were joint top when United came to town.

No Waggy unfortunately, he was injured, young Paul Walker took his place.

The Doog and Ian sure had a fantastic tussle but honours were even at full time.

It was season 69-70
You are right it was nil nil, 23/08/1969

SE_Wolves

Reaction score
My dad. 1998 he took me to my first ever game, Wimbledon away in the FA cup at Selhurst park. Spent all my life growing up in south east London having everyone taking the **** out of who I supported, Travelled up from London to the games most weekends, Then I’ll be man enough to admit my life my fell apart, Drugs, mental health, suicide attempts but wolves kept me going, it made me remember the good times with my dad. Went through the same again recently but i made friends at wolves, friends I’d call brothers and they was there for me. They helped me through it all.
A lot of people think this one pack thing is just marketing, But to me it’s true.

Me at my first ever game at Molineux, my first full kit, i was so happy. We lost 3-2 to Barcelona in a pre season friendly.
6D8F64C7-EBA3-4566-B76F-97EE6E42E807.jpeg

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dad. 1998 he took me to my first ever game, Wimbledon away in the FA cup at Selhurst park. Spent all my life growing up in south east London having everyone taking the **** out of who I supported, Travelled up from London to the games most weekends, Then I’ll be man enough to admit my life my fell apart, Drugs, mental health, suicide attempts but wolves kept me going, it made me remember the good times with my dad. Went through the same again recently but i made friends at wolves, friends I’d call brothers and they was there for me. They helped me through it all.
A lot of people think this one pack thing is just marketing, But to me it’s true.

Me at my first ever game at Molineux, my first full kit, i was so happy. We lost 3-2 to Barcelona in a pre season friendly.
View attachment 28178
I hope that you are better now and don't go through that anymore. Look after yourself.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score

View attachment 28178
Thank you for sharing.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 28178
Good on you for fighting it, and good on the Pack for supporting you.

Stay well.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My dad used to go in the early 50s,but even when he thought I was old enough to go I just was NOT interested.So the BLAME :tonguewink: is on my mate.After a drunken holiday in Rhyl I had a bet with him that I'd go with him to the next match when We got home.So Wolves v Nottigham forest 1969/70 season was my first.Peter Knowles last game.Loved it in the cow shed.And bin gewin ever since.

PS me posh head day last long did it.And I was doing ever so good.:p Oh and Wolverhampton born and bred and still live in the same farm cottage I was born in.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 28178

Never be afraid to share ya feelings.Keep strong marra.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alf Cornforth. With a name like that, who else but a North East native! We were living in Trench - now part of Telford - and Alf, a work colleague of my dad's, took me September 1954 (I think) to see Wolves beat Blackpool. I've always assumed Alf wanted to see the great Stanley Matthews playing.

I remember little about the match - I was a small kid at the front corner of the Cowshed, trying to peer over the edge of the then raised pitch, seeing the occasional hairy leg and missing the goal (scored at the far end, of course! ).

My abiding memory, though, is hearing the crowd jeer and laugh every time Matthews lost possession. "How cruel" I thought to myself - aaah such innocence, thinking that we supporters would never do such things :) :)

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Like most on here, it was down to my dad. It was the 1975/6 season and I was 7 years old.
The first game was October 75 we beat Newcastle 5-0 ( or was it Sheff Utd).
We had season tickets in the North bank and we used to do the occasional away game especially all the midland ones and the likes of Man City, Blackburn and Bristol Rovers ( we won all those 3 BTW).
By 1984 my dad had lost a bit of love for the game with what was going on, but I was 16, earning a wage and spending most of it following us home and away through the dark days.
The dark days were also some of the best days I’ve had following Wolves, I still watch the odd game with my dad, and like me he still gets in a mood when we lose. It never leaves you

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Dad's best friend when i was 8. We were moving over here from Birmingham and on the day we moved house, his mate took me to the football to get me out of the way. Wolves v Man Utd, lost 2.4.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Warwick Wolves....and my Dad (Villa fan) for getting me signed up with them, when he realised I was a lost cause with regards to his wishes! Lol

SuziQ

Reaction score
My oldest brother took me to my first match not long after I turned 14 in the September of 1997.

Can't remember where we sat, might have been the John Ireland stand. My next game was definitely in the South Bank and that's where we'd sit whenever we went, up until I went off to Cornwall for university in 2002.

My brother doesn't attend games now due to health issues but I have been going regularly since 2018 again with my fiancée when his shift pattern allows.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 28178
Lovely pic mate! I hope your troubles are behind you now! :D

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My old man has little interest in football but ran a pub for 40 odd years. As an 8 year old I used to try and hang out with the older lads (who were early 20s and played for the pub football team), two of them took me under their wing and took me to my first match in the Sherpa van trophy. It might have been a molineux with only two stands open but I was hooked (Bully got a hat trick) . The lads from the football team chipped in and got me a full wolves kit that Christmas and that was it, I was a fully fledged wolf.

Both the lads moved out the area as I grew up but I occasionally bump into the one at matches as he still has a ST in the south bank and I always give him a smile and tell him it’s all his fault I’m there.

Some on here moan and groan but I honestly wouldn’t have changed a single minute, I’ve enjoyed the highs and I’ve endured the lows, but that’s football isn’t it?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ex brother-in-law had a spare ticket for Aldershot play-off semi in '87, and dragged me along, much to my mother's disgust.
Stood in the south bank and despite the result I was hooked, got myself a paper round to pay for my tickets and hardly missed a match for years after, suppose I'm a glory supporter as it coincided with our rise through the lower divisions.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom