Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I am a legacy fan - yes I am a legacy fan - are you ?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am proud to be called a legacy fan . I may even have it printed on my shirt.

Who ever invented the term , thank you .
Until that I wanted to know what to call myself, how to distinguish myself from all the glory hunters and all the guys from Japan , Korea , USA , China , India and Brazil when our glorious future arrives and WWFC is an international brand - I will proudly say I knew the 4th Division I am a LEGACY FAN !

Last edited:

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kenny Hibbitt made me a fan in the mid 70`s.
I´m from Sweden though..so only been to Wolvo around 20 times since.
Now,I am persuing the 92..and Molineux is ticked off as you would guess..so won´t be back anytime soon I recon.
It´s not making me a legacy fan..but just a fan of WWFC is good enough for me(It has to be,could never be a legacy fan anyways..allthough I am still toying around the idea to buy a flat or a small cottage near Wolvo when retirering though..:)

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would actually buy that!

Obviously I doctored the original (Football before 1992) but they are available here

(I am in no way connected to the above).

If you want my version may I suggest safety pins and your own lovingly created ‘Fosun’ overlay :D

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously I doctored the original (Football before 1992) but they are available here

(I am in no way connected to the above)
Thanks, thiink I may order one.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With your musical talent can you come up with the lyrics of I'm a legacy fan, based on I'm a company man? ;)
I'm legacy 52, been a fan longer than you, get me signed on to Wolves records now! Lol

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the club were smart they would buy the rights to the term and get printing merchandise as this would raise more money than half the **** ideas they are coming up with.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a legacy fan with a sense of pride that our small provincial city has a football club with supporters from around the world, new or old

I've never been one for distance born from the ground being a barometer of fan status

I mean how many of our much cherished legacy fans ****ed off when the going got tough in the mid 80s?

Answer: the vast majority

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a legacy fan with a sense of pride that our small provincial city has a football club with supporters from around the world, new or old

I've never been one for distance born from the ground being a barometer of fan status

I mean how many of our much cherished legacy fans ****ed off when the going got tough in the mid 80s?

Answer: the vast majority
Not me, didn't miss a game, not a badge of honour but with a young family and limited income my only source of escape and have to say enjoyed it however **** we were.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ve always had legacy fans and we always will. Those who started watching in 1950s were newbies compared to those who watched in the 1920s or 30s. Were those fans who followed Wolves because they saw us vs Honved or in a Cup Final or because we were the best side in the country derided because they didn’t live and breathe within 5 miles of Molineux?

Every club has legacy fans, many have fans who watched there club when they were rubbish as well as now when they are successful. I know Chelsea and Man City fans who went home and away for years before they had any success. They don’t begrudge new fans. You can either embrace it or not.

Some people on here are beginning to sound like the kid at school who prides himself for being into bands that no-one else had heard of. If one of these bands then happened to become successful by breaking into the top 40 (number 40 or 39) they would immediately be called rubbish, commercial and any connection with the band severed. They felt very self-satisfied and preserved their niche perspective whilst everyone else just looked in bemusement and carried on enjoying the music.

T

TheConcourse

We’ve always had legacy fans and we always will. Those who started watching in 1950s were newbies compared to those who watched in the 1920s or 30s. Were those fans who followed Wolves because they saw us vs Honved or in a Cup Final or because we were the best side in the country derided because they didn’t live and breathe within 5 miles of Molineux?

Every club has legacy fans, many have fans who watched there club when they were rubbish as well as now when they are successful. I know Chelsea and Man City fans who went home and away for years before they had any success. They don’t begrudge new fans. You can either embrace it or not.

Some people on here are beginning to sound like the kid at school who prides himself for being into bands that no-one else had heard of. If one of these bands then happened to become successful by breaking into the top 40 (number 40 or 39) they would immediately be called rubbish, commercial and any connection with the band severed. They felt very self-satisfied and preserved their niche perspective whilst everyone else just looked in bemusement and carried on enjoying the music.
There’s so much foot stomping at the moment.

The same legacy fans clocked up an average 20,000 attendance in L1, btw.

All of the loyalty talk goes one way, apparently. The 200,000 were always there, apparently. Apart from when things were ****, then they weren’t. They were genuine legacy fans at that point.

Now the owner is focusing on a sustainable way to grow the company their toys have been thrown out of the pram. They feel undervalued. Their poor feelings.

They want a new ground. New players. European football. Acknowledgement - of what I don’t know. Want want want. Until times get tough, then they **** off again.

Quit the ****ing moaning and realise that nobody gives a **** about your outdated view on the world. Least of all Fosun. They’re going to keep running the strategy, regardless of your opinion. And it feels like the right strategy, btw.

So bored of seeing adults moan so much about a turn of phrase. It’s mental.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s so much foot stomping at the moment.

The same legacy fans clocked up an average 20,000 attendance in L1, btw.

All of the loyalty talk goes one way, apparently. The 200,000 were always there, apparently. Apart from when things were ****, then they weren’t. They were genuine legacy fans at that point.

Now the owner is focusing on a sustainable way to grow the company their toys have been thrown out of the pram. They feel undervalued. Their poor feelings.

They want a new ground. New players. European football. Want want want. Until times get tough, then they **** off again.

Quit the ****ing moaning and realise that nobody gives a **** about your outdated view on the world.
We averaged 20k last time we were in that division. The twice before that we didn’t have anywhere near that although we did have the highest crowds in the division in 1988/89.

T

TheConcourse

We averaged 20k last time we were in that division. The twice before that we didn’t have anywhere near that although we did have the highest crowds in the division in 1988/89.
The only times I can remember Molineux being close to full consistently is when Dave Jones had us going and when Nuno joined.

Legacy fans are soooo loyal*

*when the team performs.

Attachments

• 22DBFE5F-B5AC-4436-87DA-DEAA1B046319.png
    22DBFE5F-B5AC-4436-87DA-DEAA1B046319.png
    849.7 KB · Views: 42

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Everyone on here is a legacy fan, just shelling out £600 for a season ticket. The ones Jeff wants are kids sat watching other kids playing video games and asking their mums for £2.50 to buy a Wolves skin (whatever that is!) That's the future apparently.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everyone on here is a legacy fan, just shelling out £600 for a season ticket. The ones Jeff wants are kids sat watching other kids playing video games and asking their mums for £2.50 to buy a Wolves skin (whatever that is!) That's the future apparently.

Its additional revenue which allows us to spend more, simple as. People are getting so worked up over it.

If we relied on only fans in and around Wolverhampton we simply can't generate enough revenue to push for the top 6 in any way, shape or form.

I dont give a **** how Fosun earn revenue globally for Wolves so long as we benefit as a club.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Advertising revenue and in game purchases are massive so if we can leverage some of that that’s great.

Back
Top Bottom