Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over two full seasons, which equate to 21 full games. In other words, just over half a season.

Most of his games have amounted to dribs and drabs at the end; this season alone, he's been brought on and played single-digit minutes in 12 games.

Added to which, the kid is still learning his trade, whereas Hwang is - or should be - at his peak, being 26.
How many minutes has he played this season??

As for Hwang, for a player near his peak valued at a 1/3 of what a raw Silva was I don't think its a fair comparison between those two, we're getting perhaps just below what we should expect from Hwang, we're getting so so so much less from silva than we should, his lack of minutes is based on his performances in training you have to assume and based on what we see when he does play that explains why it's few and far between. The pressure is on the lad big time next season, for a so called wonder boy he's been very very poor, age can't always be the excuse, Rooney, Owen, Walcott were making huge impressions at this level at 16-18 years or age, most premier league fans probably don't even know who Silva even is!!!

As for Hwang, Meh! Was a minor outlay for a squad player who 'should' weigh in with a few goals here and there, he's not been that far off that really

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He doesn't make the current worst 11 in his position in my opinion! The lad's bang average, not good enough for a top half PL start but nowhere near as bad as some would have it.
Agreed

WestChiltingtonwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s the sort of player that is fine in a high performing team who are not reliant on taking EVERY chance we have. He also doesn’t have enough in his locker to be the one to take the attack to an opponent on his own. I think Podence and Neto are currently our only players who can - I’d put Traore in that group too.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Multi-millionaire player buys boss biscuits for his birthday.

That, there, is a ****ing sackable offence on its own. Talk about lack of respect. Bin the chancer off.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He doesn't make the current worst 11 in his position in my opinion! The lad's bang average, not good enough for a top half PL start but nowhere near as bad as some would have it.

Yes, over his career, he's certainly shown more moments of inspiration. Just seems too little and then he goes on these long spells of being not good enough. Quite a high profile transfer to Leipzig, other big clubs were interested, you wonder if they were unsure and letting someone else take the gamble.

Maybe he's a total confidence player? When he arrived it was like a revelation as we so needed someone who knew where the back of the net was and he looked that guy. It went awry quite soon though and his confidence looks totally shot now. I'm disappointed how useless he is in the air. For a big guy, wins nothing and doesn't really win anything on the ground, either, far too easily dispossesed. Portugese lower half of the table team standard, maybe? The commercial income would be good for them!

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was desperately poor , people near us were apoplectic.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang?……..why the wasted energy when we have bigger fish to fry?
Now that the season is over, let’s focus on the next season.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, over his career, he's certainly shown more moments of inspiration. Just seems too little and then he goes on these long spells of being not good enough. Quite a high profile transfer to Leipzig, other big clubs were interested, you wonder if they were unsure and letting someone else take the gamble.

Maybe he's a total confidence player? When he arrived it was like a revelation as we so needed someone who knew where the back of the net was and he looked that guy. It went awry quite soon though and his confidence looks totally shot now. I'm disappointed how useless he is in the air. For a big guy, wins nothing and doesn't really win anything on the ground, either, far too easily dispossesed. Portugese lower half of the table team standard, maybe? The commercial income would be good for them!

We talking about Hwang? A big guy?

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only read the first two pages of this thread. And I'm not normally a snowflake about this kind of thing, but this is pretty distasteful. You really need to have a look at yourselves. Yes, it's not worked out and he hasn't been great after a promising start. But it isn't as tho the bloke isn't trying, he's just not good enough for where we are. Your vitriol should be aimed at the recruitment team for getting him and the manager for persisting with him, rather than the player himself. What's he going to do? Say "No boss, I'm not good enough to be playing!"

This thread is pretty embarrassing really.
It’s completely not. Waiting for him outside the ground and shouting obscenities at him is disrespectful. It’s a bloody football forum where fans comment on how good the players and club perform. Oh and hwang is **** and needs to be sold, stop being a snowflake.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've only read the first two pages of this thread. And I'm not normally a snowflake about this kind of thing, but this is pretty distasteful. You really need to have a look at yourselves. Yes, it's not worked out and he hasn't been great after a promising start. But it isn't as tho the bloke isn't trying, he's just not good enough for where we are. Your vitriol should be aimed at the recruitment team for getting him and the manager for persisting with him, rather than the player himself. What's he going to do? Say "No boss, I'm not good enough to be playing!"

This thread is pretty embarrassing really.

This 100.%

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s completely not. Waiting for him outside the ground and shouting obscenities at him is disrespectful. It’s a bloody football forum where fans comment on how good the players and club perform. Oh and hwang is **** and needs to be sold, stop being a snowflake.
I didn’t say disrespectful. I said distasteful. I can see, just like everyone else, he’s ****. But frankly it’s a bit pathetic to have dozens of people essentially saying: “chortle chortle, I’ll drive him there myself. Ha! Look I did a funny the same as everyone else ripping the **** out of this bloke. Aren’t I clever?”

It’s unnecessary. And not funny. Especially the twentieth time of hearing.
We get it, he’s not as good as we’d hoped. And can see that you understand this too. Well done, you’re part of this enlightened group that can see more clearly than other people. Or something.

I hope he really kicks on next year, whether that’s here or somewhere else. No doubt many will be proclaiming they knew there was a player in there somewhere. Or some other self-righteous bull-****.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some may slightly have lost their sense of humour? This isn't social media abuse or anything like, it's end if season jokes about driving him to leeds. At the same time some of us also saying it's not his fault he's playing out of form and out of position.

There have been many disrespectful posts and threads, about coady recently for one. This is not one of them. Besides, this is a forum - I'd say very differently if social media with the relevant player tagged.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think some may slightly have lost their sense of humour? This isn't social media abuse or anything like, it's end if season jokes about driving him to leeds. At the same time some of us also saying it's not his fault he's playing out of form and out of position.

There have been many disrespectful posts and threads, about coady recently for one. This is not one of them. Besides, this is a forum - I'd say very differently if social media with the relevant player tagged.
But that's the point, there's no humour to be had any more! It's just boring now, more than anything.

I'm not worried about the bloke's feelings. I'm sure he doesn't give two ****s about what any of us lot think. But I'm going to do myself an injury with all the eye-rolling. And that's after my sides have already split.

It just seems a bit odd to me, that's all.
That's my hot take on it anyway. But who am I to complain about people needing their validation within a group - if the virtual high-fiving and knowing nods to each other is what they need, this is the perfect place I guess. All power to you

Here's a premptive "Well if you don't like it, you don't have to read it" to save anyone the predictable response.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn’t say disrespectful. I said distasteful. I can see, just like everyone else, he’s ****. But frankly it’s a bit pathetic to have dozens of people essentially saying: “chortle chortle, I’ll drive him there myself. Ha! Look I did a funny the same as everyone else ripping the **** out of this bloke. Aren’t I clever?”

We get it, he’s not as good as we’d hoped. And can see that you understand this too. Well done, you’re part of this enlightened group that can see more clearly than other people. Or something.

I hope he really kicks on next year, whether that’s here or somewhere else. No doubt many will be proclaiming they knew there was a player in there somewhere. Or some other self-righteous bull-****.
Re your last para l hope that you are right. It is his first season in English football after all (see, for example, Semedo). What worries me is that he seems to have progressively got worse after a reasonable start.

TheRetroChief

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re your last para l hope that you are right. It is his first season in English football after all (see, for example, Semedo). What worries me is that he seems to have progressively got worse after a reasonable start.
I've no arguments there

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm more worried about several players we have who looked like competition winners at the start and have hardly improved. Or at best, have improved to the level they look about the level of thousands of bog-standard Under-23 players. But come with price tags thousands of times higher.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That could be confidence though. No way he's as bad as he has been playing recently. I still think in the right position and side he'd be useful, but his touch is so poor it has to be said.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Fair point. I for one am guilty of slagging him off and making jokes about him. Sorry its boring for you, but I don't think I am going to stop until he improves or we stop selecting him.

If he does start performing I will be the first to aplologise to him (as if he read any of this stuff) and say I was wrong.

You can always hit the ignore button.

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
I've read many times recently that players can hear what the crowd are saying about them. It wouldn't surprise me if this is in some part affecting Hwang. It could be affecting his confidence, hense his diminishing displays.
Regards to his ball control; this has gotten worse as the seasons progressed. It didn't seem to be a problem when he first started. Again, it points to a lack of confidence. Sometimes the harder you try the worse you get. Your muscles tense up at the wrong time. Your coordination takes a hit....
Regards to being riduculed by Fabio and Podence; it is nothing to condone. I don't like it as it spoils the team togetherness and can become toxic. It is childish at the best and bullying at its worst. It needs to be stopped immediately.
And Podence and Fabio can't talk cos at least Hwang has scored 5 goals. What have they got?
Is Hwang the worse 11 players of the past 64 years as one poster said? Don't be ridiculous. There are many many many players ahead of him as I have witnessed since I've been watching from the late 70s.
I really don't like how Hwang has been hung out to dry and is being used a scapegoat. It's fun to laugh at him now however true or false accusations against him have been. Everyone and his dog is jumping on the band-wagon it seems. He's the standing joke.
The more negative, unfounded and plainly insulting comments I read about him the more I feel there is an element of bullying here and that something isn't right.
There is also an element that just don't like him nor want him to succeed. Reasons are probably obvious. Same as those that don't like Traore or Samedo. For same reasons, even Son Heung Min had a hard time getting accepted at first.
Football performance-wise, Dendonker for one is no better than Hwang. Podense too has had his stinkers as has Fabio (both have played more bad than good performances), but Hwang is getting a lot more detrimental attention than any of them all together. You have to ask yourself why.
Yes I can always not read the comments, but I feel I need to say something about the extent of the riduculing of one of our players on a fansite and how out of hand its got. This guy is no Roger Johnson or Jamie Ohara. Enough is enough.
I hope he doesn't read this site. Even someone with the strongest mental fortitude would be affected by what's been written about them.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That could be confidence though. No way he's as bad as he has been playing recently. I still think in the right position and side he'd be useful, but his touch is so poor it has to be said.

I was quite impressed with him when I watched him play for Salzburg in Europe.
But I guess an unsuccessful time in Germany and now at Wolves does take its toll on his confidence.
Could also simply be that he's not good enough for this level.
Also it took him one season before he got going at Salzburg and even then his Third season, following a successful second season was quite poor.

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've read many times recently that players can hear what the crowd are saying about them. It wouldn't surprise me if this is in some part affecting Hwang. It could be affecting his confidence, hense his diminishing displays.
Regards to his ball control; this has gotten worse as the seasons progressed. It didn't seem to be a problem when he first started. Again, it points to a lack of confidence. Sometimes the harder you try the worse you get. Your muscles tense up at the wrong time. Your coordination takes a hit....
Regards to being riduculed by Fabio and Podence; it is nothing to condone. I don't like it as it spoils the team togetherness and can become toxic. It is childish at the best and bullying at its worst. It needs to be stopped immediately.
And Podence and Fabio can't talk cos at least Hwang has scored 5 goals. What have they got?
Is Hwang the worse 11 players of the past 64 years as one poster said? Don't be ridiculous. There are many many many players ahead of him as I have witnessed since I've been watching from the late 70s.
I really don't like how Hwang has been hung out to dry and is being used a scapegoat. It's fun to laugh at him now however true or false accusations against him have been. Everyone and his dog is jumping on the band-wagon it seems. He's the standing joke.
The more negative, unfounded and plainly insulting comments I read about him the more I feel there is an element of bullying here and that something isn't right.
There is also an element that just don't like him nor want him to succeed. Reasons are probably obvious. Same as those that don't like Traore or Samedo. For same reasons, even Son Heung Min had a hard time getting accepted at first.
Football performance-wise, Dendonker for one is no better than Hwang. Podense too has had his stinkers as has Fabio (both have played more bad than good performances), but Hwang is getting a lot more detrimental attention than any of them all together. You have to ask yourself why.
Yes I can always not read the comments, but I feel I need to say something about the extent of the riduculing of one of our players on a fansite and how out of hand its got. This guy is no Roger Johnson or Jamie Ohara. Enough is enough.
I hope he doesn't read this site. Even someone with the strongest mental fortitude would be affected by what's been written about them.
Blimey, it isn't that serious. And the bit about not wanting him to succeed isn't true at all. Fans took to him early in the season and he even got his own chant which is more than many players get here.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I very much agree with the essence of what you say.
However I don’t agree with what appears to be an accusation of racism from the people criticising him.
Football fans (especially ones on the mix!) seem to jump to one extreme or the other.
Hwang is no where near as bad as some are saying. Actually Chiquinho is also no where near as good as some are saying.
I genuinely believe it is not from any racially motivated malice, people just seem to exaggerate in a positive or negative way.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 cracking and well taken goals vs Newcastle and with pace and power to take a player on plus the odd Cruyff turn. Looked the real deal and a great signing.

Movement and runs still generally there, goals dried up (as for everyone). Agree he couldn’t trap a bag of cement and can trap it further than I can kick it - plus his pace/power/confidence has dipped.

Will accept some issues with a forward - Jota used to try to run through players, Raul’s passing is often awry even Bully’s touch was poor - so long as they can create something or make something happen.

Trincao has a good touch but is scared of a fly, Traore is amazing but sets up as many opposition players to score as his own teams. Podence has amazing creativity when he isn’t doing his best Tom Daley impression.

Will accept some issues if chances and goals are created. They were in early games, they aren’t now. Happy to get money back and move on. If not then let’s get behind him and I want to see those initial good impressions return.

Last edited:

TF2Wolf

Reaction score
Agree completely with this. It has often been reported about the togetherness of the squad and it’s direct impact on performances.

Slippery slope and may account in part for the poor performances. Maybe another consequence of Bruno being so publicly outspoken so that some of the team think they can be so outwardly critical and disparaging towards a team mate.

Hoping it’s not the beginning of bigger gaps appearing as a sign of things not quite right behind the scenes

DPE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Disrespectful or distasteful the point still stands it’s just a forum it doesn’t matter much. Humour is also subjective sure some will find it funny and if honest I would imagine most of it is meant to be in jest.

WWFC4EVA

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not personally mad at Hwang for his recent form, I'm mad at Bruno for consistently picking him, ahead of others, when his form has been so bad and he's done very little to earn his coaches trust.
That said, I'm not convinced by him, though as others have stated, his form may well be linked to a lack of confidence. Who knows, if he stays and has a pre-season, he may turn out to be a gem. Big call though!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Podence has a cheek liking that tweet (then quickly unliking it).
Lage reported Podence could have had an injection and played the final games but chose not too.. I wouldn't count on him busting his guts for Wolves. Hwang has been pretty desperate and is really short of form but at least he gives it a go.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Hwang hasn't had the best of seasons and his form hasn't been great, but I personally don't think he's been as bad as many are suggesting. He gets into quite a few goal scoring opportunities (okay he's not been finishing much lately!) and always fronts up. Thought he did well in the first half at Liverpool to get that run in on goal and he did make Allison make a save (as opposed to quite a few of our players who had good opportunities - hello Donck). Then he was up with Raul for that chance that everyone is criticising him about missing, but the ball was played a bit too far in front of him by Raul. Then we broke again and he was the fastest player up with Raul on the left-hand side, in an open position for a great chance but Raul delayed and eventually passed to his right to Dendoncker (I think) who was in a much worse position. I was pretty furious with Raul at the time. Keeping hearing it's because Raul didn't trust him but it was very bad decision making.

Feel a bit sorry for the guy. It's one thing having your teammates hold you to account, it's another having them laughing or sniping at you from the sidelines or on social media, especially when it's from one player with zero goals all season and another refusing to play when he's not 100% and will be off like a shot given a better opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely behind Fabio and have supported him all season, and believe the Pod is a key player for us.

Hwang keeps getting picked which isn't his fault, but he always gives it his all, and he gets into good positions. Think there is a player in there but his confidence is shot.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang hasn't had the best of seasons and his form hasn't been great, but I personally don't think he's been as bad as many are suggesting. He gets into quite a few goal scoring opportunities (okay he's not been finishing much lately!) and always fronts up. Thought he did well in the first half at Liverpool to get that run in on goal and he did make Allison make a save (as opposed to quite a few of our players who had good opportunities - hello Donck). Then he was up with Raul for that chance that everyone is criticising him about missing, but the ball was played a bit too far in front of him by Raul. Then we broke again and he was the fastest player up with Raul on the left-hand side, in an open position for a great chance but Raul delayed and eventually passed to his right to Dendoncker (I think) who was in a much worse position. I was pretty furious with Raul at the time. Keeping hearing it's because Raul didn't trust him but it was very bad decision making.

Feel a bit sorry for the guy. It's one thing having your teammates hold you to account, it's another having them laughing or sniping at you from the sidelines or on social media, especially when it's from one player with zero goals all season and another refusing to play when he's not 100% and will be off like a shot given a better opportunity. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely behind Fabio and have supported him all season, and believe the Pod is a key player for us.

Hwang keeps getting picked which isn't his fault, but he always gives it his all, and he gets into good positions. Think there is a player in there but his confidence is shot.
if raul passes him that ball, it ends ups either in the keepers paws, hwang slips before he kicks it and stays down for 4 minutes or the ball ends up in the 24th row.

as far as the first cross, hwang slowed his run before getting into the box. had he kept the same pace, it would have been an easy tap in. the video is there.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
if raul passes him that ball, it ends ups either in the keepers paws, hwang slips before he kicks it and stays down for 4 minutes or the ball ends up in the 24th row.

as far as the first cross, hwang slowed his run before getting into the box. had he kept the same pace, it would have been an easy tap in. the video is there.
Disagree on both points.

T

TheConcourse

I think Podence has a cheek liking that tweet (then quickly unliking it).
Lage reported Podence could have had an injection and played the final games but chose not too.. I wouldn't count on him busting his guts for Wolves. Hwang has been pretty desperate and is really short of form but at least he gives it a go.
You’re absolutely right. Not a fan of Podence’s attitude tbh. Seems quite petulant, from Insta stories after games to the blatant **** taking of his colleague and constant diving.

I’d get shut this summer.

Back
Top Bottom