Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would get rid of podence and Silva for Guedes and Rafa Silva in a heartbeat....

Be well happy with guedes, Rafa Silva, Gibbs Neto...(hwang chiquhino)...as the options....

Then bring in someone to help Raul, cause Silva isn't the answer....

I'd get throw Hwang away to Switzerland Tomorrow and replace him with the kids.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's clutching a straws a bit but the fact that Joelinton can turn from the biggest flop in the world to a player of the year gives me something to cling onto that I shouldn't be writing off the likes for Fabio and Hwang too soon.

That's because Newcastle was idiots and didn't understand how he was used in Germany. He was never a good striker but is physical, fast, works hard off the ball and can tackle. Used as a deep defensive forward to help press. Him moving to midfield and working shouldn't be that surprising. Them keep playing him as a lone isolated striker constantly should be. As the fee too!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many minutes has he played this season??

As for Hwang, for a player near his peak valued at a 1/3 of what a raw Silva was I don't think its a fair comparison between those two, we're getting perhaps just below what we should expect from Hwang, we're getting so so so much less from silva than we should, his lack of minutes is based on his performances in training you have to assume and based on what we see when he does play that explains why it's few and far between.

Yes, I can understand people annoyed at Hwang not good enough. I can't understand thinking that Fabio will somehow come in and save us. It does happen that a player gets better in the fans eyes, simply by not playing! Fabio looks better in short bursts. When given a longer time, he invariably does something as daft as Hwang's slippy slidey. I can't forget Fabio's attempts to deal with a waist-high ball..though I tried. He struggles with control just as much, and we all know he has no pace. Hwang is not good, but still looks more likely to score an actual goal or even create one than Fabio.

The pressure is on the lad big time next season, for a so called wonder boy he's been very very poor, age can't always be the excuse, Rooney, Owen, Walcott were making huge impressions at this level at 16-18 years or age, most premier league fans probably don't even know who Silva even is!!!

And Neto. Jota. Neves. And that's just us. I think people forget that while yes, the likes of Kane and Lewandoski were also not scoring hat fulls in the Premier League at 19/20, there are plenty of footballers of that age around at the high levels. And Fabio just doesn't stand out in any way. Other than being a lot slower and awkward, of course. Fabio Carvalho just cost Liverpool less than 10m and he looks way better than Fabio. Makes you wonder what's going on. If anything, both Hwang and Fabio suffer from transfers influenced by "business" decisions , rather than pure "footballing" decisions.

As for Hwang, Meh! Was a minor outlay for a squad player who 'should' weigh in with a few goals here and there, he's not been that far off that really

That's another aspect I don't get. That;s how I see it. Squad player who could possibly have shone, but when didn't, played more than expected due to injuries. Yes, he's been awful, but still done better than plenty of players who cost more at this level. £12M for a ready-to-go squad player who can score a few, isn't the best business, but it's also nowhere near the "worst transfer ever" which keeps gettign stated here.

Last edited:

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
seems like the best place to post it:

Some coincidence!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting abit OTT with the Hwang hatred. His staying,mistake or not, so hopefully after a good preseason and his injuries in the past he'll start finding abit of form. Obviously something there when you look at his performances for RB with Halaand and co, good finisher. Lost his way abit for whatever reason like a lot of them.

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Getting abit OTT with the Hwang hatred. His staying,mistake or not, so hopefully after a good preseason and his injuries in the past he'll start finding abit of form. Obviously something there when you look at his performances for RB with Halaand and co, good finisher. Lost his way abit for whatever reason like a lot of them.
Hope so fella, but sometimes..... thats just the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope so fella, but sometimes..... thats just the way the cookie crumbles unfortunately
It's amazing how many are so upset at how a club pushing for top 8 purchased a player of 26 years of age for 12 million and for some reason expected him to make a huge contribution to the first team!!! We are virtually getting what we've paid for!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's amazing how many are so upset at how a club pushing for top 8 purchased a player of 26 years of age for 12 million and for some reason expected him to make a huge contribution to the first team!!! We are virtually getting what we've paid for!

Cost means **** all

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a pretty obvious explanation for that - Bruno feels like "Podence and others" need to work harder, so he "slags them off", while he feels like Hwang tries hard but needs a confidence boost so he praises his efforts.

And I really don't think that fans are criticising Hwang on here because they think that will influence Bruno's team selection in 3 months time, that's a hell of a reach! They're doing it because they don't like Hwang or they want to lash out.
...or he is just such an easy target? His lack positional awareness and poor control are bad enough, but when be buys cookies for the manager, well...that takes the biscuit.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang’s issue is that he does things that are so bad that they stick in your mind.

Take Liverpool when he slid to try and keep the ball in. It was inexplicably bad, it really was. It’s no exaggeration to say that a pub player would’ve just carried on running and kept it in.

He also ran the ball out of play first half in a way that was hard to grasp.

Then you have some of his touches which are again inexplicably bad on occasions, it just clouds your judgement on everything else he does.

Should also note his lack of heart and willingness to go down means he’s not going to be popular among our fans as well.

When you take all that into account it does make the criticism more extreme and you forget some of the good stuff he can do.

For all his faults at Liverpool, he was still a threat. Alisson makes a good save to deny him and Jimenez messed up a pass for a tap in. So on another day he could have two and he’s lauded in here. It’s not often we have a player that could’ve scored two in a game! So he’s obviously doing something right in terms of runs/positioning.

It’s clear he’s not good enough overall to play regularly and the board deserve all the stick they’re getting and more for deciding to sign him in January when they didn’t need to.

But he could still be an okay squad player at times.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like 4 weeks of military training to early July for Hwang - not much of a break ahead of pre-season.

Some of the Social Media comments on this are horrid - he will do it very well, and I suspect it will give him extra motivation to make next season better than this term.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Some of the Social Media comments on this are horrid - he will do it very well, and I suspect it will give him extra motivation to make next season better than this term.
There's 14 million reasons for him to have the latter...

HowfenWolf

Groupie
Reaction score

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate you are defending Hwang and of course that is you opinion but the simple fact is he is a professional footballer who cant control a ball. His performance on Sunday was dreadful and he has been dreadful whenever he has played this year. I am simply staggered he cant control a ball.
Me too!

Off the ball he's actually really good. Makes clever runs. Gets in behind the line well and pops up in the right place.

I don't know what's happened to him though....he's just forgot the football bit of football.

His performance against Liverpool was up there with the worst I've seen in a Wolves shirt and seemed to be the zenith of 5 very very bad months for him

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course it does! You buy a player for a million and one for 30 million you're going to expect more back from the expensive one! What a strange thing to say!!
Moutinho was signed for 5 million. Jordao about 8 million, which did you expect more from?

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho was signed for 5 million. Jordao about 8 million, which did you expect more from?
Moutinho was at the back end of his career. Jordao as part of a package for neto.

Hwang is at his peak age and still only valued at 12 million.....

We're getting what we should expect from him or more recently slightly less.

For a club like us with limited funds we've heaped unnecessary pressure on silva as that transfer alone restricted us in other areas to strengthen and his arrival has not even improved the area of the pitch he was brought for!

Hwang has just added numbers to the wide positions and performed how we should almost expect given the fee and his development in football, he's a squad player and the fee and deal was for no more

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho was at the back end of his career. Jordao as part of a package for neto.

For a club like us with limited funds we've heaped unnecessary pressure on silva as that transfer alone restricted us in other areas to strengthen and his arrival has not even improved the area of the pitch he was brought for!

Hwang has just added numbers to the wide positions and performed how we should almost expect given the fee and his development in football, he's a squad player and the fee and deal was for no more
Better squad options in under 23's total waste of money.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

What should we expect from chiquinho, he was less than 4 million

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was ok against Liverpool until he got anywhere near the ball in the first half, in the second he was a disaster. He's never going to make it, if I'm proved otherwise I'll be astonished. I suspect Bruno will be gone fairly soon anyway and I can't see another manager fancying him

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang’s issue is that he does things that are so bad that they stick in your mind.

Take Liverpool when he slid to try and keep the ball in. It was inexplicably bad, it really was. It’s no exaggeration to say that a pub player would’ve just carried on running and kept it in.

He also ran the ball out of play first half in a way that was hard to grasp.

Then you have some of his touches which are again inexplicably bad on occasions, it just clouds your judgement on everything else he does.

Should also note his lack of heart and willingness to go down means he’s not going to be popular among our fans as well.

When you take all that into account it does make the criticism more extreme and you forget some of the good stuff he can do.

For all his faults at Liverpool, he was still a threat. Alisson makes a good save to deny him and Jimenez messed up a pass for a tap in. So on another day he could have two and he’s lauded in here. It’s not often we have a player that could’ve scored two in a game! So he’s obviously doing something right in terms of runs/positioning.

It’s clear he’s not good enough overall to play regularly and the board deserve all the stick they’re getting and more for deciding to sign him in January when they didn’t need to.

But he could still be an okay squad player at times.
As I recall Jiminez could have passed to Hwang to his left completely unmarked and Dendoncker to his right who did have a covering player and he chose Dendoncker! Just goes to show that Jiminez has got zero confidence in Hwang especially as he chose Donk whose shooting is usually very poor. Bad decision by Jiminez.
I'm not saying Hwang would have finished but I will say his shooting is better than Donks. It does look to me like Hwang has been sidelined a bit by the other players. Dont get me wrong I dont think Hwang is good enough but he would look a damn site better if our other players treated him more as a teammate.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

As I recall Jiminez could have passed to Hwang to his left completely unmarked and Dendoncker to his right who did have a covering player and he chose Dendoncker! Just goes to show that Jiminez has got zero confidence in Hwang especially as he chose Donk whose shooting is usually very poor. Bad decision by Jiminez.
I'm not saying Hwang would have finished but I will say his shooting is better than Donks. It does look to me like Hwang has been sidelined a bit by the other players. Dont get me wrong I dont think Hwang is good enough but he would look a damn site better if our other players treated him more as a teammate.
Even back in the day when i played if you had a team mate that was **** you would never pass to him, unless the other 10 were marked, and then you'd rather kick it out for a throw in. I guess today is still the same...

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know what some of u expect for 12m. He’s alright, is he Messi? No..but he’s a decent squad player.
No no it's irrelevant what fee you buy players for or they're valued at as they should all be world class standard and put in top performances week in week out

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know what some of u expect for 12m. He’s alright, is he Messi? No..but he’s a decent squad player.

12 million is 12 million in any language. Don’t be so flippant!!!

But now you ask the question….as a start, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that ( for much much less than 12m) we could expect any wolves signing to a) give a **** b) be able to control the ball better than my 4 year old and c) be able to pass the ball at least 6 feet to someone wearing the same colour shirt as them

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12 million is 12 million in any language. Don’t be so flippant!!!

But now you ask the question….as a start, I don’t think it’s too much to ask that ( for much much less than 12m) we could expect any wolves signing to a) give a **** b) be able to control the ball better than my 4 year old and c) be able to pass the ball at least 6 feet to someone wearing the same colour shirt as them
To be fair i do think he cares from what I’ve seen but b and c should be givens regardless of a.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just get the feeling he would be great at Championship level. .
He has risen to a level where he can’t compete and that has made him lose confidence.
It is not his fault it is his recruitment that was wrong. We took a punt when we were desperate for a goalscorer.
I believe if he scored a few he could start to score many. But it’s a big ask. The Premier League is unforgiving .

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just get the feeling he woukd be great at Championship level. .
He has risen to a level where he can’t compete and that has made him lose confidence.
It is not his fault it is his recruitment that was wrong.
I believe if he scored a few he could start to score many. But it’s a big ask. The Premier League is unforgiving .

You may well be right. He wasn't good in Germany either.

He did though perform quite well in the CL for Salzburg, even against PL opposition

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is that a fact?

Dammit, facts on here now. That's being unfair to us.
It is a true fact, I appreciate he his form dropped off a cliff but he is also one of the few who actually gets into positions to finish.

Plus dendonker is the worst finisher by a considerable distance in the squad in my opinion as he misses sitter after sitter and then we seem to get punished not long after as the rest of his game is so lacking.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even back in the day when i played if you had a team mate that was **** you would never pass to him, unless the other 10 were marked, and then you'd rather kick it out for a throw in. I guess today is still the same...
I guess with Hwang on one side and Donk on the other Jiminez didnt have any good options as both are ****! Personally I would have gone for the unmarked **** player though.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves ability to turn forward players into goal shy runarounds amazes me. Raul being the exception, of course. And to a certain degree Jota.

Back
Top Bottom