Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How you feeling before the first home match of the season ? Poll +

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well most of us get our first viewing of Wolves in the flesh tomorrow.
There has been so much pre season chatter and twitter ....
Its a time of heightened expectations - one way or the other .
For me I want to see some goals ( Please Please !) and a strong style of play.
It may be the heat but I am not as enthused as I have been these last 6 years.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well most of us get our first viewing of Wolves in the flesh tomorrow.
There has been so much pre season chatter and twitter ....
Its a time of heightened expectations - one way or the other .
For me I want to see some goals ( Please Please !) and a strong style of play.

Mitrovic has started really well, so you could be in luck!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mitrovic has started really well, so you could be in luck!
Not so worried about that . Since Nuno we always seem to contain the individuals. Bar that De Bruyne match !

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zen like because train strikes mean I can't go.

I may go play footy in 32 degrees again instead. It's insane in london right now. I nearly died after two hours playing at lunch today. God help the professionals.

Btw what's the best legal way to watch extended highlights and how soon after the game? I've got sky if that helps. Never had to watch afterwards before.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mitro battered us (Coady in particular) a fair few times tbf. The one in the championship was particularly brutal
I hope that weakness may have been addressed .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Maybe just me, but I liked the way we played last week, a bit scary at the back with Sa having an erratic first half, and worried about the lack of end product, but the actual attacking interchanges and fluidity were great. No offence to our players, but if we can add Guedes (and soon hopefully Batashuayi or similar) then I think it'll be entertaining at least.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe just me, but I liked the way we played last week, a bit scary at the back with Sa having an erratic first half, and worried about the lack of end product, but the actual attacking interchanges and fluidity were great. No offence to our players, but if we can add Guedes (and soon hopefully Batashuayi or similar) then I think it'll be entertaining at least.
Sa has been injured and was not at his best

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
Even I could possibly make the bench with a dickie heart and gout in the left foot!

I’ve voted mildly worried because we’re at home and the season starts here, failure to get a point and I’ll be very worried!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t wait to see Neto and Guedes rampaging like two velociraptors tearing Fulham a new gigantic Dino-asshole.
Fed by a Pirlo / God like wonder performance from Ruben.
I don’t even care if Ait-Nouri goes full dads army again and we lose. We’re going to play some filth with those three linking up. Add in Nunes & Andre Silva (please do it Jeff) and it’s plasterers radio territory. A fit Joao knocking it about with them like a smiling zen like Obi Wan…

What a time to be a Wolf!

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am depressed because I wont be there - my wife, selfishly, decided to be born 50 years ago to the day of Wolves first home game in the 22/23 season. Bloody inconsiderate if you ask me.
Luckily my missus loves Wolves (and boxing, MMA, snooker & motorsport) so I lucked out there.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No option for “in pub getting som pre- match practice in”?!

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Zen like because train strikes mean I can't go.

I may go play footy in 32 degrees again instead. It's insane in london right now. I nearly died after two hours playing at lunch today. God help the professionals.

Btw what's the best legal way to watch extended highlights and how soon after the game? I've got sky if that helps. Never had to watch afterwards before.
If ours is game of the day (unlikely), sky will show it in full at 8:30pm on Saturday on Sky Sports PL.

Otherwise they do half hour highlights of each game from 10:30pm onwards. Ours is on at 1am Sunday this week and again at 8:30am.

Think they should also be available on demand too, not sure what time from though.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
Sa has been injured and was not at his best
Yes, I think that's fair, maybe I don't put as much importance on the need for a good pre-season for a keeper as I should. Mentally didn't seem right at all first half.

SuziQ

Reaction score
Not looking forward to the heat, especially as I'm in the cheap seats. Suncream, hat and sunglasses and plenty of non-alcoholic fluids. Will have to hope there's a bit of breeze too.

SuziQ

Reaction score
If ours is game of the day (unlikely), sky will show it in full at 8:30pm on Saturday on Sky Sports PL.

Otherwise they do half hour highlights of each game from 10:30pm onwards. Ours is on at 1am Sunday this week and again at 8:30am.

Think they should also be available on demand too, not sure what time from though.

To add to this, I've found that they do a full re-run of the PL games overnight at stupid hours.

SuziQ

Reaction score
To add to this, I've found that they do a full re-run of the PL games overnight at stupid hours.

Just checked the TV guide - looks like they've stopped that this season and it's just the half hour thing like Chris H said.

NOKASPLACE

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must win for me …. Already
2 tough games after this … we need points in the board and break this 1 win in 10 run

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First time in W1 for me what’s the etiquette if we score? Can I jump about like a madman or is it a polite clap whilst staying seated?

Reaction score
To be honest a bit nervous I would like to see us get points on the board as early as possible, it still looks like some of the team need time to make this new formation slick And effective. I don’t care how well we play as I think they will need a few games to get properly up and running as a team.

it looks like We are all in with a back 4 now seeing as coady has gone. The club or Bruno have done the things that I think were needed in order for us to move on from Nuno ball. Saiss gone coady gone the two weakest players in the first team imho. We have an upgraded centre back and I’m not sure what Guedes will be yet, mgw will get a proper chance now and good luck to him.

We are seriously thin on the ground for first team players, we can’t even show A strong bench, and with 5 subs that is the biggest worry for me. hopefully the molineux roars them on to victory tomorrow.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Excited.

Pub brekkie at 11am with the lads.

UTW

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m hoping Guo is there. With the window still open and Bruno saying he needs more players, the presence of Guo could be a sign of extra funds being available.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
at this very moment after a long hot week i,m ****ed on my fourth bottle of beer and counting.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m hoping Guo is there. With the window still open and Bruno saying he needs more players, the presence of Guo could be a sign of extra funds being available.
He was in London yesterday so I’d say there’s a good chance he’ll be there tomorrow.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was in London yesterday so I’d say there’s a good chance he’ll be there tomorrow.
I knew that but thx anyway.
When the window opened I said I think Wolves or Fosun might end up investing £80- £100m this window.
After the last two seasons, I think they kind of have too. Things were stale and post Covid, Guo might realize that.
Fingers crossed.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can’t wait! Feels like ages since we were at Molineux.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After seeing Fulham's performance against Liverpool I'm very nervous,if Fulham have watched any footage of our match at Leeds I'd fully expect them to be playing a high press,we looked proper nervous at the back,and always 1 heavy touch away from disaster.

On the flipside we attacked very well and in all honesty should have seen off Leeds,but strangely enough were a bit lacking up front.

I'm very excited by Guedes' signing,but 1 bloke can't carry all the goalscoring responsibilities.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very positive you just have to be 1st home game of any season. COYW.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
After seeing Fulham's performance against Liverpool I'm very nervous,if Fulham have watched any footage of our match at Leeds I'd fully expect them to be playing a high press,we looked proper nervous at the back,and always 1 heavy touch away from disaster.

On the flipside we attacked very well and in all honesty should have seen off Leeds,but strangely enough were a bit lacking up front.

I'm very excited by Guedes' signing,but 1 bloke can't carry all the goalscoring responsibilities.
Sadly true, every time Kilman was closed down on the ball I felt like he thought

'where's Coady?
Oh ****, where's Collins?
Oh he's marked!
Ahhh!'.

Still it's going to take a while to adjust!

Back
Top Bottom