Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How old to attend?

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My lad is 13 soon and wants to go to some games on his own (with his mates).

And I thought I was a cool dad ! Oh well :confused:

I was just wondering what age kids are allowed to go in the ground unattended?

I went to my first game unattended when I was 12 (played Southampton - Shilton was in goal). But those were different times and I'm unsure if there are rules around this now?

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was 11 when I first went on my own... but that was in January 1960!

Tony

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Under a certain age they have to be accompanied. Not sure of the age without googling though!

D

Deleted member 3518

When I went with my Dad from the ages of about 5, he used to bung the turnstile operator a couple of quid and the kids would all climb over

There was a turnstile in the South Bank, where us older kids used to do that on exiting the George.;)

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First match I went to on my own was the Wolves Leeds game when Revie tried to buy off the Wolves players...I was 13

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It normally says in the ground regulations or the ticket t&cs - I can't see anything in Wolves' ground regulations about children being accompanied by an adult and can't find individual ticket t&cs.

Season ticket T&C's do suggest that the purchase of a child season ticket for those 12 or under must be in conjunction with an Adult ticket, so POSSIBLY you could assume that those 13 or over could attend alone.

D

Deleted member 4382

I was 14 when I first went to a match without an adult. Me and a mate caught the national express from Chorlton Street Bus Station at about 9:30 ish.
My father picked me up that evening at approx 20:30.

Times are a little different now though and I won’t let me son travel down by himself from MCR until he is 15 or 16.

Sheff U at home, however, he is in the Southbank without me... taking one of his mates in instead. (Im in the family stand with my daughter).
He will be fine.

Two questions to influence your decision- does he have a season ticket and thus know where he stands and what is the journey like to and from home?

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why's it different times now?? I thought there were loads of peados knocking about in the 80's?

Surely now is safer than ever, with CCTV everywhere, and the intense coverage of everything via social media, people recording on phones etc? We just analyse stuff more now so you're much more likely to be shown up as a bad parent?

D

Deleted member 4382

Why's it different times now?? I thought there were loads of peados knocking about in the 80's?

Surely now is safer than ever, with CCTV everywhere, and the intense coverage of everything via social media, people recording on phones etc? We just analyse stuff more now so you're much more likely to be shown up as a bad parent?
Yes, but back in the 80’s, we kept the paedos in two organisations to make them easily identifiable.

They had to wear either a white dog collar and have a cross hung around their neck or carry a BBC staff ID card.

M

merseawolf

I'm taking my 6 year old daughter with me on Sat along with her 9 year old sister. My Dad was going but doesnt feel up to it following a small op.
Not quite sure how the little one will be but shes been on and on to go for ages so its a good oppertunity.

D

Deleted member 4594

I went to my first game unattended when I was 12 (played Southampton - Shilton was in goal). But those were different times and I'm unsure if there are rules around this now?
Don’t know of any restrictions but he’ll be absolutely fine at 12 mate.

M

merseawolf

I'm taking my 6 year old daughter with me on Sat along with her 9 year old sister. My Dad was going but doesnt feel up to it following a small op.
Not quite sure how the little one will be but shes been on and on to go for ages so its a good oppertunity.
Perhaps i should spend more time doing spelling with them!
Oppertunity!! Thats a shocker! Didnt think it looked right!
I'm more the practical one in our house!!

D

Deleted member 3518

Wish your dad all the best, will he be making a trip to Wolves this season?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only slightly off topic. I took my 5 year old daughter onto the South Bank when we were playing Oxford 20 odd years ago. Seats were close to No Mans Land.

Close to end of game Oxford scored and I got cramp in leg, so I left my seat and stood by a copper (could still see my daughter). As I was standing Tommo equalised. Then as I made my way back to my seat, we went in front. Pandemonium ensued and as I approached my delicate flower, there she was, standing on her seat, flicking the Vs at the away fans (copying what everyone around her was doing).

M

merseawolf

Only slightly off topic. I took my 5 year old daughter onto the South Bank when we were playing Oxford 20 odd years ago. Seats were close to No Mans Land.

Close to end of game Oxford scored and I got cramp in leg, so I left my seat and stood by a copper (could still see my daughter). As I was standing Tommo equalised. Then as I made my way back to my seat, we went in front. Pandemonium ensued and as I approached my delicate flower, there she was, standing on her seat, flicking the Vs at the away fans (copying what everyone around her was doing).
Haha quality!! I have visions of my youngest doing similar! Shes a little nutter. The 9 year old is quiet and shy!

D

Deleted member 4382

Best story I’ve heard in a long time!!!!!!!!

My lad, at 11 was on tv giving the V’s to Liverpool fans last season- that has been well recorded on here, and I still hang my head in shame.;)

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4594

Cracking game! Sorry for being a pedantic **** mate but it was a Paul Cook peno that equalised before Kevin Keen got the winner iirc.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It being a Pen was probably why I thought it was Thommo

D

Deleted member 3518

Used to travel with mates from Stafford from the age of 12/13 in the early 60'.

P

Pinhead

My nipper went into the ground on Saturday against forest as he needed the loo and I was at the stall getting some badges by the Southbank my nipper is a season ticket holder in the bully and he went in without any problems I guess it's just down to your self if you think he will be safe but like whats been posted above camera's galore ;)

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
F

FLEET WOLF

Brilliant!

S

Shifnal Wolf

Providing he’s dropped off and picked up I’d say 13 is fine.

If he wants to go on his own with mates and get back on his own I’d say 16 (sorry to your lad).

Too many chav teens bouncing around the place outside the ground for my liking.

Chisels_n_ommers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was 14 when I first went to a match without an adult. Me and a mate caught the national express from Chorlton Street Bus Station at about 9:30 ish.
My father picked me up that evening at approx 20:30.

Times are a little different now though and I won’t let me son travel down by himself from MCR until he is 15 or 16.

Sheff U at home, however, he is in the Southbank without me... taking one of his mates in instead. (Im in the family stand with my daughter).
He will be fine.

Two questions to influence your decision- does he have a season ticket and thus know where he stands and what is the journey like to and from home?
He doesn't have a season ticket, because I don't have him every weekend. But he's been going since he was 6 (his first game was a 3 nil defeat to Everton, which I thought would put him off for life). He's very familiar with the ground and surrounding etc.
I'm taking and picking him and his mates up, it is literally to go in the ground and although I know he'll be fine, I have to ensure his mates are too (it's a birthday thing you see).
I was looking at the Burton game, so no real category A stuff involved for hassle.

I think I'll take a view that as the tickets are classified as U12 and then U17 the cut off at Wolves must be 13. Looking at Google, it's a bit unclear and they seem to either vary from Club to Club (Leicester is 14) or are silent on it and put it down to parental decisions.

Jez

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
14 when I first went on my own, the season before Bully joined us. What what a great few years. Double promotions, Sherpa Van , Centenary Cup.
Was like a big family, can remember loosing my footing a few times in the Southbank as the crowd swayed, and being picked up by total strangers to make sure I was ok.
Started taking my lad at 3 in league 1 we’ve been season ticket holders ever since
He now wants to go in the southbank after frequently going away he says it’s not the same in the Family Enclosure
“They don’t sing Dad”

Would I let him go on his own ....?
Not for a few years and even at 12-13 if I didn’t , couldn’t go, I’d drop him and pick him up. That’s the scary bit once inside I think the Wolves Family would look after him ??

Pompey Wolf

Reaction score
On a slightly different tack, the first away game I was allowed to go to with a mate was Derby County at the old Baseball Ground (around 65/66) I was 12 years old and I was threatened with violence by a Derby County 'girl'.
She was about 16 in both years and stones!!!
I only just lived to tell the tale because I could run faster.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Took my daughter at 7 to her first game and as a result she wanted a season ticket like her dad. Shes 8 now and still loving it. School teacher called me over just before Xmas as her and the niece had been chanting on the playground at some **** fans “were coming for you” god knows what else she could’ve said though....

D

Deleted member 4382

He doesn't have a season ticket, because I don't have him every weekend. But he's been going since he was 6 (his first game was a 3 nil defeat to Everton, which I thought would put him off for life). He's very familiar with the ground and surrounding etc.
I'm taking and picking him and his mates up, it is literally to go in the ground and although I know he'll be fine, I have to ensure his mates are too (it's a birthday thing you see).
I was looking at the Burton game, so no real category A stuff involved for hassle.

I think I'll take a view that as the tickets are classified as U12 and then U17 the cut off at Wolves must be 13. Looking at Google, it's a bit unclear and they seem to either vary from Club to Club (Leicester is 14) or are silent on it and put it down to parental decisions.
He’ll be fine...
And he’ll love you for it!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pandemonium ensued and as I approached my delicate flower, there she was, standing on her seat, flicking the Vs at the away fans (copying what everyone around her was doing).
We've been doing that since the battle of Agincourt, mate, in 1415.

D

Deleted member 4594

Any idea why Cookie took the pen? Assume Thommo was off the field/suspended etc

Found the goals on YouTube. Staggering that this getting on for 25 years ago!!
Can only assume Thommo wasn’t playing although it looks a bit like him who crosses the ball before the peno?

Back
Top Bottom