Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How much?

gewolf

Reaction score
I was in a Toby Carvery yesterday and the draft was £3.50 a pint..... The disadvantage, of course, is that doesn't include the opportunity to watch Wolves!! :):)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
At the Commonwealth Games it was c£6.50 a pint of Grolsch and £5.90 for a 330ml can of Perroni. As we were in the stadium for four hours there was little we could do, and also got caught out on the food and didn't bring a picnic in like other and ended up paying £28 for two burgers a portion of fries and a small bottle of diet coke!

I'm philosophical to a degree cause it's still £2.00 a pint of real ale at The Chestnut on Thursday's

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
For a bottle of Carling too.

I’m used to paying a premium for beers, but I want to at least be able to buy a draft of a decent drop of lager/ ale at that price.
This for me, once a fortnight for a prematch pint I'll turn a bit of a blind eye to the price, but ****ing Worthington's, do me a favour.

MontyR

Reaction score
Is there draught anywhere in the stadium? Don't get down too often, and the only places I've sat are the Billy Wright and North Bank, but I noticed they were bottles every time. I hate Carling but my god its even worse out of a bottle.

W

WasStefan

I was in a Toby Carvery yesterday and the draft was £3.50 a pint..... The disadvantage, of course, is that doesn't include the opportunity to watch Wolves!! :):)
Thats expensive, still sub £3 in many places on the outskirts of town

W

WasStefan

Is there draught anywhere in the stadium? Don't get down too often, and the only places I've sat are the Billy Wright and North Bank, but I noticed they were bottles every time. I hate Carling but my god its even worse out of a bottle.
South bank upper area, wish theyd roll it out throughout.

Failing that i get a can of Guinness that they put on a shaker (good trick when buying carling, ask for a disposable)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think fans up and down the country moan about prices and choice of beer. In any clubs defence they have to go with the safe options of carling etc as it appeals to the masses with its bland fizz. Understand why they don’t go mad with draught, ultimately it’s a once every two week operation so the beer won’t last sat in kegs and why would a club put a keg on at say 3 mins to kick off and risk wasting the thick end of 88 pints. Bottles unfortunately are the way to go.

Me personally I have 6-8 pints round town pre game so by half time I’ll drink a bottle of warm carling without much fuss as my taste buds are pretty shot by then

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had that spell when they served Staropramen on draft in the Steve Bull for (I think) £5 a pint, that was ace! Even if it was only the one bar that did it

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They had those draught lagers that fill up from the bottom in the Steve Bull for the England match. Not sure if they're new but they were crap, so hopefully for those partaking the service will be better.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My butt hurts just looking at those prices. It's absolute rape. And i'll have no part of it. Home or away.
Makes service stations look like charities
I’m in no way justifying it but I was in London for work last week and paid £6 for a pint so I suppose the difference in and out the ground is similar to wolves and the city centre. Either way as pointed out it’s daylight robbery

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think fans up and down the country moan about prices and choice of beer. In any clubs defence they have to go with the safe options of carling etc as it appeals to the masses with its bland fizz. Understand why they don’t go mad with draught, ultimately it’s a once every two week operation so the beer won’t last sat in kegs and why would a club put a keg on at say 3 mins to kick off and risk wasting the thick end of 88 pints. Bottles unfortunately are the way to go.

Me personally I have 6-8 pints round town pre game so by half time I’ll drink a bottle of warm carling without much fuss as my taste buds are pretty shot by then

Usually same for me, and I don’t actually mind lager from a bottle if its cold. But I resent only having Carling as the option. I refuse to believe they can’t stock something better.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£4-60 for lime and lemonade in what turned out to be a really ****ty pub/restaurant . greenbelt of North nottingham,

Won't be going back.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usually same for me, and I don’t actually mind lager from a bottle if its cold. But I resent only having Carling as the option. I refuse to believe they can’t stock something better.
That’s a question of taste though isn’t it. Carling is the blandest most inoffensive bottle of fizzy beer you can get really so appeals to the majority.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Price wise I agree, but there is no worse beer than Worthington's and I can't remember an away ground without something half decent at least. Yes bottles, but I have no issue with that. It just smacks of someone who just thinks it's just beer so whatever is cheapest gives the most profit, job done. There's something better in the NB isn't there, or did I imagine that?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a question of taste though isn’t it. Carling is the blandest most inoffensive bottle of fizzy beer you can get really so appeals to the majority.

I’m yet to find anyone who enjoys a Carling. Fosters maybe, but can’t think of anyone that drinks Carling and doesn’t complain.

Bigcheese

Reaction score
We had that spell when they served Staropramen on draft in the Steve Bull for (I think) £5 a pint, that was ace! Even if it was only the one bar that did it
The Czech stuff is the dog's ******, but it is now brewed on the Trent and is like dog ****

GV Wolf

Reaction score
I only ask for the Carling to be cold which, as usual, I know it won’t be. I would love to know what time they turn the fridges on.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A pint can of Modelo was £16 each at Caesars Palace Coliseum in Vegas last month, I'm not even joking.

Still,£7.60 is a joke, absolute robbery

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if that's how much they charge for beer I dread to think how much my daiquiri will cost.....

;)

Back
Top Bottom