Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

How much are we missing it?

rubyloo

Reaction score
I mean that thing where you go to Wolverhampton, join a queue at the bar in the Sunbeam, have a couple of beers & talk nonsense with your mates, reminisce about the 80's, get to the ground, eat a steak pie, chat with the people you sit near but don't actually know that well, feel nervous, listen to stairway to heaven with Goosebumps (he's one of our own), make a fool of yourself when we score, pray for the full time whistle like your life depends on it, drive home with the scarf in the back, bore your wife senseless with it when you get back.

I miss it so much I could cry.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mate, I can’t put into words just how much I miss match day...

The pre match drink with mates and family, the anticipation of learning the team sheet, the sense of excitement when the teams come out, the roar of the crowd, the ripple of the net as one of our boys score a goal ... all wrapped up with a post match pint or two.

I hope it returns one day.

Ernie the Wolf

Reaction score
Match days just aren’t the same. Really miss them. Home matches starting down the Royal Oak for a couple of pints, soaking up the atmosphere and then the walk to the ground.
Missing all the away games too!
Hope we get back in time for the new season. Sadly cannot see it happening before then.
First home match with a full crowd will be unbelievable.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
These times are very hard. I miss it so much too. Like so many things I guess. But that walk down to molineux through the subway is something special. And to see our team and Nuno had a dream being sung around the stands is just perfect.
I honestly think it will be even better when we can return, because we will never take it for granted again.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's up to us folks! If everyone just follows the rules and have a vaccination when offered crowds could well be back by August. My worry is once lockdown is eased, the numbers have come down, pubs start opening and people start going bananas?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's up to us folks! If everyone just follows the rules and have a vaccination when offered crowds could well be back by August. My worry is once lockdown is eased, the numbers have come down, pubs start opening and people start going bananas?
I suspect that opening of pubs and restaurants won't be until around late May/early June and then under the restrictions before lockdown. Don't think the government will chance another mass outbreak so close to mass immunisation.
I'm hoping we will be close to normal by August though but just get the vaccination. It really isn't a clandestine mind control plot from the Illuminati or lizard people or whatever.
But yes, I really miss the live games now and the whole atmosphere of the day.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Match days just aren’t the same. Really miss them. Home matches starting down the Royal Oak for a couple of pints, soaking up the atmosphere and then the walk to the ground.
Missing all the away games too!
Hope we get back in time for the new season. Sadly cannot see it happening before then.
First home match with a full crowd will be unbelievable.
There will be scramble from hell to get tickets for that first game. So bloody glad that l'm a ST holder and should get a fair shot...

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
It’s just not the same. Makes you realise that “match day” is so, so much more than the actual game. It’s getting up at stupid o’clock on a weekend to travel to the other end of the country. It’s that match day morning routine ( I have a special route I walk the dog on the morning of a match, I know I know!). It’s that feeling 5/6 hours before kick off where your match day actually starts. Can’t wait to have it all back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I miss it a lot but I would rather have everyone who goes to games safe and well rather than see a game catch the plague and die.

It’s important to realise what good memories we have a look back because we will be back sooner rather than later hopefully. I’d say this year is a write off but you look to this time next year we should be looking at full stadiums.

Keep active, keep focused and stay hopeful!

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football matches being played without spectators in the stands is an invention from the devil himself.
It sux,and I am getting bored of any football outside Wolves matches and perhaps Swedens national team.
Without the fans..the game is not even in the same ballpark it once was...and the virus is mutating they say..

optimuswolf

Reaction score
I mean that thing where you go to Wolverhampton, join a queue at the bar in the Sunbeam, have a couple of beers & talk nonsense with your mates, reminisce about the 80's, get to the ground, eat a steak pie, chat with the people you sit near but don't actually know that well, feel nervous, listen to stairway to heaven with Goosebumps (he's one of our own), make a fool of yourself when we score, pray for the full time whistle like your life depends on it, drive home with the scarf in the back, bore your wife senseless with it when you get back.

I miss it so much I could cry.
I've never done these things and I miss it!

I left Wolverhampton at 18, after growing up with a season ticket. Whilst i can't see myself ever being back as a regular at molineux i miss it quite badly, decades later.

Stay positive and all!

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Miss it loads. Even going to the game and losing doesn't feel as bad as it does on TV.

Think the effect shouting and cheering for 90 minutes has on stress relief for the rest of the week is underestimated.

Who knows what happens with this ******* virus but has to stand a chance of some of us being there August or September

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Initially, I missed it massively. But you kind of become accustomed to it.

It's not until you watch some of the recent compilation videos, like the one from Bristol City where there are limbs flying everywhere and Nuno is fist pumping in the directors box. Or like Man United at home in the FA Cup where Jota is going mental in front of the South Bank, that you really remember what that electric atmosphere is like.

That away game at Cardiff was one of the best nights of my life (don't tell the Mrs!!). Travelled all the way down there on my tod, and by the end was jumping up and down hugging grown men, and standing on my seat with my scarf whizzing round me yed. Absolutely buzzing!

We've been robbed of our 3 hours of escapism, and for me watching on TV is soulless. There's very little emotion, even the Albion game was easier to get over because you can just switch off the TV and go and do some DIY to take your mind off it.

D

Deleted member 11332

I miss meeting my dad at 3/4 hours before kick off and having a good laugh and plenty of ale probably as much as being in the ground. It's the whole day for me where I'm out at midday for a 3pm and roll in about half 10.

Now I sit for 90 mins half the time scanning on my phone or doing other bits and pieces. No comparison at all.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Spector, professor of genetic epidemiology at King's College London is forecasting that all large scale public gatherings aren't likely to resume again for "a few years"
I imagine this view is quite commonly held amongst scientists in this field so if it becomes Govt. policy sport of all kinds with fans is years away.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tim Spector, professor of genetic epidemiology at King's College London is forecasting that all large scale public gatherings aren't likely to resume again for "a few years"
I imagine this view is quite commonly held amongst scientists in this field so if it becomes Govt. policy sport of all kinds with fans is years away.
Don’t see how that’s feasible.

Once the vaccine is rolled out and hospital admissions are down in the summer there shouldn’t be any reason why large public gatherings can’t go ahead .

They simply have to , mentally, economically.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t see how that’s feasible.

Once the vaccine is rolled out and hospital admissions are down in the summer there shouldn’t be any reason why large public gatherings can’t go ahead .

They simply have to , mentally, economically.
I agree with you in general but I think we're a very long time away from the govt. allowing fans in any large numbers back in sport, certainly won't be this year.

Hazza

Reaction score
You can look at what you want, not what the director decides that you should see.
I’m convinced they had a camera following Maddison yesterday. All the close up replays were incidents involving him, no close up for the poss Semedo challenge. Like they follow Fernandez for Utd and Greasy for Villa.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There have been a sprinkling of large scale attendance sporting events taking place in the Southern Hemisphere I believe, hopefully that means it’s not years away from happening here in the UK once the vaccine rollout is further along and fingers crossed going as planned.

I’m sure we won’t be at Molineux in 2021, and think that’s likely the right thing, but hopefully at some point in 2022 we might find ourselves back at a match.

Mountie

Groupie
Reaction score
There have been a sprinkling of large scale attendance sporting events taking place in the Southern Hemisphere I believe, hopefully that means it’s not years away from happening here in the UK once the vaccine rollout is further along and fingers crossed going as planned.

I’m sure we won’t be at Molineux in 2021, and think that’s likely the right thing, but hopefully at some point in 2022 we might find ourselves back at a match.
They have had crowds at their big bash tournament in Australia

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Keep to football related please - dont get into a general or political covid discussion.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Watched Carl Robinson's (Assisted by Kenny Miller) West Sydney Wanderers draw in the West Sydney Derby against Macarthur Saturday morning on the telly. Was a full crowd there people hugging, sitting next to each other, singing etc. Beware the doom and gloom merchants.

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I suspect that opening of pubs and restaurants won't be until around late May/early June and then under the restrictions before lockdown. Don't think the government will chance another mass outbreak so close to mass immunisation.
I'm hoping we will be close to normal by August though but just get the vaccination. It really isn't a clandestine mind control plot from the Illuminati or lizard people or whatever.
But yes, I really miss the live games now and the whole atmosphere of the day.
It is going to be such mixed feelings if we did get to the cup final and has to be played in an empty stadium.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m convinced they had a camera following Maddison yesterday. All the close up replays were incidents involving him, no close up for the poss Semedo challenge. Like they follow Fernandez for Utd and Greasy for Villa.
There did seem to be an awful lot of close ups of his gurning phizog, l agree ..

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Missing the pre-match banter with the lads, the away games and the European travel, although the latter may take a little longer before it returns again.

Not missing the guy a couple of rows in front of me on the Southbank when he deposits his Bank's mild in an upwards direction. :eek:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wednesbury, you're not helping my mental health with comments like that. ;)

Reaction score
I try and keep my match day as close as possible to the real match day.
Lucky underpants selected - home and away different and starting to fall apart!
My dear wife cooks me a full English breakfast , with a pint, or two and a Laphroaig whiskey chaser.
I have a choc bar while the players warm up, and I stand ( much to my wife’s dismay) while the game is on - yes I ‘sit’ in the South Bank.

Back
Top Bottom