Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

High Impact player

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
MMs shown his intent this season, and again today, hes after another loanee (according to the press), a 'high-impact' player, is there anyone out there who could do the job on the left-wing, who we realistically would have a chance of getting?

Sinclair at Chelsea maybe? Mancienne being here and doing so well may just tempt him, I certainly hope so. Is there anyone else?

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jermaine Pennant.

Liverpool want rid of him desperately in January, because he isn't good enough for them and if he doesn't play a certain amount of games this season, he can leave for free in the summer.

We could take him for a month, he'd be far too good for this league, get some fitness and confidence and put himself in the shop window for a move to a Premier League club in January.

He can go on the right and Kightly can switch to the left.

H

haden-wolf

I'd be happy with Sinclair, If my memory serves me he was with SEB at Plymouth too, however I'm not sure we'll get him for the very reason Mancienne is here, it may be that Chelsea will want them out on their own not buddied up.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Dont think we'de get Pennant, theres Prem sides after him, as for Wiltshire, I dont think Arsenal would be keen sending him to the Championship to get kicked about at just 16!!

J

jbarnettuk1984

Jermaine Pennant.

Liverpool want rid of him desperately in January, because he isn't good enough for them and if he doesn't play a certain amount of games this season, he can leave for free in the summer.

We could take him for a month, he'd be far too good for this league, get some fitness and confidence and put himself in the shop window for a move to a Premier League club in January.

He can go on the right and Kightly can switch to the left.
That's a great call.

My only reservation on this being Kightly playing on the left. Having seen him on the left wing for England Under 21's this week he was ineffective on the left but as soon as he transferred to the right he looked a lot, lot better.

Can Pennant play on the left?

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont think we'de get Pennant, theres Prem sides after him

I'm talking about a one month loan up to the end of December. Prem sides can't do squat in that period.

He wants a move (I imagine), Liverpool want rid, he isn't going to get any exposure in Liverpool's reserve team.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pennant thought premier league stoke were way beneath him, i doubt he'll agree to drop a division. Also he's currently upto his old tricks of falling out of nightclubs in the early hours so probably not one who'll fit to mccarthy's ways too well.

It's a real shame Sunderland didn't recall Carlos just 24 hours earlier when Routledge was still available, but the mancienne factor at least makes it conceivable we could get scott sinclair.

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't make my mind up about Pennant.

A good shout, and not an obvious choice, but I'm sure he's got a touch of the "Billy Bigtime" about him, including some attitude problems / run-ins with the law and various other folk.

Maybe not the type of character we want at the club? Though his talent is undoubted.

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a real shame Sunderland didn't recall Carlos just 24 hours earlier when Routledge was still available, but the mancienne factor at least makes it conceivable we could get scott sinclair.

Personally I'd prefer Sinclair over Routledge and Carlos, and would have brought him in instead of the latter if SS was available at the time.

M

Mr Wolf

I'm sure their are plenty of decent left wingers out there if your in the know. Who was the the guy who Pompey signed in the summer, played for Burnley. Glen something or other........woo hoo Glenn Little thats it. Is he getting games, always liked him.

But if we could get a real gem in on loan for a month or 2 that would be class.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There may even be a lower league player we've overlooked, Tommy Rowe at Stockport being one, but I suppose at this stage we'de be after someone 'tried and tested' at this level or above. Think Sinclair would fit in nicely down here, would see alot of the ball the way we play.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I'd prefer Sinclair over Routledge and Carlos.

i probably would too, but the odds are more remote, we don't really have any strong links to chelsea (one/the only plus points of hoddle was he had strong links to arsenal and spurs to get loans from them) and some of mancienne's quotes sound like he'll be off soon.

if chelsea want him out on loan and he wants to get some playing time, i can imagine qpr are much more likely - london based, friend of scolari's managing them etc.

by contrast, with routledge being in the midlands already and being known to be available for loan, i'm almost certain we could've got him if we'd asked.

Sozzled Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll still be tracking Routledge's progress, as we were (reported to be) previously before he went to Cardiff. If he does well, maybe we could have a cheeky punt for a permanent signing in the Jan window, under DJ's nose.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pennant thought premier league stoke were way beneath him, i doubt he'll agree to drop a division.

There's a big difference between agreeing to sign a four year deal at Stoke and putting yourself in the shop window at top of the table Wolves for a month.

If he wants a move to a decent Premier League club, what better way than to rip the Championship apart for a brief spell? All managers watch Sky Sports News, and our games are always well attended by PL scouts.

I have no idea whether he would or wouldn't come (and I know his attitude hasn't always been brilliant, but neither has Routledge's, let's face it), but to me it looks like a move which suits all parties.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a big difference between agreeing to sign a four year deal at Stoke and putting yourself in the shop window at top of the table Wolves for a month.

I'm not sure he even wants to put himself in the shop window though anyway. He's at as big a club as he'll ever be, he's on big money, he's got a 3 years to run on his contract (...he's an egomaniac and a lazy bugger)

M

Mr Wolf

Got to agree with Mars on this one. I don't think Pennant has the correct attitude for what we want from a loanee.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
J

jlovatt

We wouldn't be allowed to loan Wilshere anyway until he turned 17, because you can't sign a professional contract until that age (only a pre-contract agreement) and you can't loan a player who isn't on a professional contract. His birthday is 1st Jan for those curious.

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes please.

Did'nt he go to Watford?

Yep. Their fans hate him.

Given that they have no manager and are in a relegation scrap, I very much doubt they'll loan players who are in and around their team out for a month, what would be the point?

We might have a shout of swapping him for Darren Ward and a bit of cash come January.

W

wolverine mick

might loan him prior to selling him in jan, done deal and all that

Deutsch Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, they might sell him in January, but they wouldn't loan him out.

If we insisted that Watford/Southampton loan us their players before buying them, they'd tell us to do one and sell them to someone else in January.

Reaction score
Again, they might sell him in January, but they wouldn't loan him out.

If we insisted that Watford/Southampton loan us their players before buying them, they'd tell us to do one and sell them to someone else in January.

Not if we paid a loan fee and/or more in January (though the latter part of that doesn't sound like the kind of thing we'd currently do.)

A

Atlas 1951

that's possible, but i would doubt they'd be willing to let him leave for nothing and still have plenty of games to fit in those appearances (likely as a late substitute) in order to protect their investment

Liverpool are having their best ever Premier League season so far, and are out of the Carling Cup; I don't think Benitez is going to want to be piddling around engineering fifteen substitute appearances for a player he doesn't rate so he can sell him in the summer, to be honest. I'm sure everyone would prefer a clean break.

D

Dewsburywolf

Liverpool are having their best ever Premier League season so far, and are out of the Carling Cup; I don't think Benitez is going to want to be piddling around engineering fifteen substitute appearances for a player he doesn't rate so he can sell him in the summer, to be honest. I'm sure everyone would prefer a clean break.

Any preference to which leg?

Back
Top Bottom