Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Villa Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?

Have Villa Owners more ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

• Total voters

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who do you want to buy us?
The Yanks who just brought Burnley and loaded them up with debt rather than Fosun who gave us £125M quid for free?
Somebody that’s ambitious but with the way the world is we will only go backwards until new owners with money are found

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Somebody that’s ambitious but with the way the world is we will only go backwards until new owners with money are found
I don't agree, ambitious just means a billionaire with a blank chequebook right? Don't know why people couch it in such euphemisms.

"Investment"
"Amibition"

Say what you mean.

Please give us money Daddy Fosun. I'd much rather never relying on their largess frankly.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't agree, ambitious just means a billionaire with a blank chequebook right? Don't know why people couch it in such euphemisms.

"Investment"
"Amibition"

Say what you mean.

Please give us money Daddy Fosun. I'd much rather never relying on their largess frankly.
Why buy a football club and then let it become stagnant?? I’d rather they sell us

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct they have written it off as equity, so if we were to go down they'd have no recourse to recoup it.

Giving a loan with no interest rate is giving free money.
Gotta respect that………well, at least I do.
Its kinda like a sign of confidence in the future. With Wolves, I think Fosun knows there’s no short cuts in the PL and it’s going to take patience.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the recent interviews broadcasted we have no ambition whatsoever compared to Vile
Very very sad
I think we will have a gap to close from start of next season and onwards.
There will be quite alot of clubs showing more ambition than us from this point onwards.
We are pinning our hopes of being able to show more ambition on E sports.
That pig will just not fly IMO.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If history tells us anything it’s that billionaire owners like villa come in, splash a load of cash then realise it’s not working and walk away. Those guys have money but not City type money and they’ll go the same way Cardiff, Hull, QPR went and will be gone in a few years. We’ve got a very astute investment company at the helm alongside a man in Jorge Mendes who whether people like it or not literally controls football currently, there’s no individual with more reach and power than he has.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If history tells us anything it’s that billionaire owners like villa come in, splash a load of cash then realise it’s not working and walk away. Those guys have money but not City type money and they’ll go the same way Cardiff, Hull, QPR went and will be gone in a few years. We’ve got a very astute investment company at the helm alongside a man in Jorge Mendes who whether people like it or not literally controls football currently, there’s no individual with more reach and power than he has.
So will we if we continue to waste money like we have on poor transfers as we have recently, (Sa excluded) but 1 decent transfer does not mean good decision making in the transfer market.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So will we if we continue to waste money like we have on poor transfers as we have recently, (Sa excluded) but 1 decent transfer does not mean good decision making in the transfer market.
Ait nouri? Chiquinho? Massive wastes of money

wolf1975

Groupie
Reaction score
It's appears Villa's Egyptian owners have more ambition than our owners have got atm. With the latest reports that Vanilla are chasing big name players.

Whereas we look like we're going to miss out like we did in summer window without any ambitions from Fosun for the foreseeable future.

Fosun International appear also to have no ambitions anymore to redevelop Molineux to make it befitting for a top Premier League team?

Jeff has saud it FFP.

I think we have our own set of FFO rules and its an easy way out.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When do we start the

Have Everton's Owners more Ambition than The Wolves Owners ?​

thread?

No need, spending a fortune on a brand new ground when we can't afford a coat of paint and a temporary stand suggests maybe so.

Oh Robbie Robie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No need, spending a fortune on a brand new ground when we can't afford a coat of paint and a temporary stand suggests maybe so.
LOL...no satisfying some people. The negativity continues. Not to be thwarted... let's try this ...

Which Owners have been more successful over the last 5 years... Villa / Everton or Wolves?​

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The vile have a project hell bent on playing in Europa / conference league

Which they are throwing ridiculous amounts of money at. Not being funny Newcastle, Leicester & West Ham are going to be rivalling them for the same

Compare the money they’ve spent the past 4 seasons to Wolves

I would imagine it’s staggering figures

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are a toy & asset to Fosun. When was the last time Guo came to a match? Jeff should put the club up for sale
After the recent interviews broadcasted we have no ambition whatsoever compared to Vile
Very very sad
Vlie fans are getting excited for next season and all their new signings. While Wolves fans are seemingly getting more and more depressed as more players departing from Wolves. Plus the lack of action from Jeff Shi and Scott Sellars for any sort of in comings.
"Mind the gap".. yet will next season be the reversal of the last few seasons if Jeff don't get his act together asap?

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks obvious that they have more 'short term' ambition and are hoping to achieve their objectives in a far quicker timescale than we are. How it all pans out is anybody's guess.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It looks obvious that they have more 'short term' ambition and are hoping to achieve their objectives in a far quicker timescale than we are. How it all pans out is anybody's guess.
They want europe they will win first 2 games then fall apart as usual they will keep spending to get the conference league which is laughable

Difference is villa have lots of money we don’t anymore

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the last few days I think there is a definite clear answer that Vanilla's owners are more ambitious than Wolves owners now. After our interim manager lost 4- 0 and theirs interim manager won 4-0 you watch the action from them to get a proper new manager pronto.
Yet we're faffing about and sailing rudderless in the wind and are keeping our manager apparently until the new year? Yet they will no doubt get their's sorted and won't mess about like we have for weeks now.

Wolves with our owners and team are the embarrassment of the Midlands and the Premier League atm :(

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ambition is the wrong word. Aptitude is the correct one (imo). We don't have sufficiently competent personnel.

We did, but they all left.
Nuno, Thelwell, Dalrymple.

Things were fine under them but fans demanded MORE MORE MORE.

And the owners became arrogant. They thought "Wolves are now safe in the Premier League forever". This is a very unforgiving league and we have now built a squad of very talented players who the bookies tip to go down.

We have no senior management team to speak of. Just a Fosun honcho and a tactics twit. And no manager.

Villa have football people in the right exec positions and have landed a top manager. We do not, and had no idea how to replace Bruno unless it was presented on a platter by Mendes.

colincameron

Reaction score
No.

Our board will only employee outstanding managers, Villa board on the other hand will settle for Emery.

Seriously, is there any point in this thread anymore?

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If their next manager is Ruben Amirom there's more fuel to the fire for Jeff Shi sacking

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel normality has resumed.

Villa back as top dog, Wolves crap and making a mess of anything, Blues just existing and the Albion just annoying.

Honestly, it's nostalgic!

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emery is elite level. A genius tactician who was hard done to at Arsenal by their impatient fans and media.

Other than when Ancelotti went to Everton I'm struggling to think of a weirder balance in terms of manager and squad level. Outstanding appointment. Just rubs it in even more for us.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Emery is light years ahead of Lopetegui. Been there and done that. A top manager at a **** club.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just read that Emery is to be given 'Extensive Funds' to strengthen during the transfer window, whilst our fictional new manager is to be told that there is no money available.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Undeniably so, hope those Wolves fans who wanted them promoted when they were on the verge of liquidation are happy, parroting the ignorant hate Albion more than Villa line are happy. Vile were always the main local threat, as many of us warned, now they have their wish, happy?

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have just read that Emery is to be given 'Extensive Funds' to strengthen during the transfer window, whilst our fictional new manager is to be told that there is no money available.
Even better. Make the current crop unhappy again and stop playing whilst on big money the circle will continue club awaits failure again

Back
Top Bottom