Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Have Juventus Owners less ambition than Wolves (Fosun)?

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While Im amused by the sentiment, is it not time to gently point out what an ass load of money the premier league makes in comparison to all others.
The other Italian club in that list have had a fire sale after racking up huge unsustainable debts.

I’m all for poking fun at doom mongers, but not providing context seems an easy out for them.
Bayern have got the best scam of the lot though, any top talent that wants to stay in Germany just runs their contract down and joins Bayern on a free. They win every way; no fee spent, no money for competitor, competitor loses best player, Bayern gain good player.

We should however, all have a good old loff at Everton.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do wish people wouldn’t use facts to make an argument. We all know that the Chinese are devious con artists looking to knife us in the back.

Having said that, the recent attempt to sell 20% of the shares valued us at £350m. That's a £100m profit if they sell up and move on.

Not saying they will mind. Depends if a good offer comes in I suppose. In the meantime they could just tread water, spend enough to keep us in the Premiership, and hope Lage does his magic.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lets talk about context.

Where were Wolves in the summer of 2016? In the second tier without a big enough squad to field a team after Morgan sold every player of value before the takeover.

Where were Juventus in the summer of 2016? In their 10th successive year in the top flight, playing in Europe, and were signing near record breaking transfers.

In short, they already had a damn good squad, and we had scraps.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where were Wolves in the summer of 2016? In the second tier without a big enough squad to field a team after Morgan sold every player of value before the takeover.

Where were Juventus in the summer of 2016? In their 10th successive year in the top flight, playing in Europe, and were signing near record breaking transfers.

So we've made fantastic progress since 2016, and Juventus have managed to stop winning Serie A by default.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets talk about context.

They still spent 1bn at the time whilst actively laundering as much as possible to circumvent any ffp issues. Same for Inter.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun may have faults yes, maybe they were wrong to feed us the "top 6" dream, however some people seem to want to go back to the days of mid table championship obscurity under Morgan and Moxey or even Sir Jack.... however I can't see why as a top 10 Premier league team we always have that chance of just winning something I'd love to see us win the FA Cup or the League Cup even some of these harking back to the "rather we were in the champ" type people are beyond me.

Not saying fosun should be exempt from criticism but some on twitter (not so much the mix) confuse the life out of me, imagine having got use to watching the likes of Neves, Jimenez, Neto would we want to go back to watching the Van La Parras and Joe Masons of this world.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we've made fantastic progress since 2016, and Juventus have managed to stop winning Serie A by default.

They still spent 1bn at the time whilst actively laundering as much as possible to circumvent any ffp issues. Same for Inter.

The OP is I think making the point of how much we’ve spent vs Juventus. My point is the starting points are so far apart as to make the comparison utterly meaningless. Nobody is saying that Fosun haven’t invested, and invested well. That’s how we got from there to here. The point is that we haven’t been spending net new money on players for the past couple of years, and that doesn’t look like changing based on what Jeff and Scott have said over the past year.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How have we only earned 150 million in 3 seasons of PL football?
Am I missing something?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can someone get wage spend table on this thread? would be very interesting just out of curiosity. Where would we be in prem terms?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe some reflection needed, clearly fosun invested a lot and miles ahead of where we would be without them. Maybe a tempering of expectations needed. but we have good players and a little bit more pushes into the upper echelons i feel. We also didnt have anyone to sell when they arrived so net spend is clearly going to be high, will also be the reason why fulham high on that list.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that Real Madrid are not on that list?

To be ambitious in football you have to spend money. We have in the past but I don’t know about the future!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Liverpool must be really ****…! Oh, wait…

T

TheConcourse

No correlation between financial outlay and successful recruitment.

Most Wolves fans I know aren’t seeking massive investment. Just a central midfielder.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets talk about context.

In short, you understand Wolves' slowdown in spending?

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always interesting to read stats.
If they started at any other date it would look very different, one way or another.

Back
Top Bottom