Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

GREEN SHOOTS?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see theres various threads discussing some of our younger players
So i thought opening a thread that combined all of them, and their futures with Wolves, would be an opportunity to discuss all of the pros and cons and possibilities that are open to us, and the future options available

NETO obviously a star on the rise, lets hope his injury is not too serious and he comes back just as strong
FABIO gets better each game,starting to see why he was valued so highly for his age,surely a future star for us
RAN Another thats improving with every start,maybe not the strongest defender, but has so much potential,we must sign him surely?
VITINHA Still a little lightweight for me,but lots to like and the strength will come with more games,another that has too much potential to ignore
HOEVER Has a future here for sure,not totally convinced of his position,i dont think he is a wing back,but could be wrong
KILLMAN Super composed on the ball,needs to improve in the air and can get drawn out of position,but again a decent option
OTTASAWIE not convinced by him yet,shown some improvement and raw talent,but looks too laid back at times ,needs to sharpen up for me
MGW Seems to have been around forever but still only 21,a few weeks back i would have said goodbye,but last few performances gives hope he can still come good

I know there are more youngsters but wanted to keep it down to regular squad players,have we enough to rely on for the future? Will this crop be our base for next 5 years? Will we even keep them all? Discuss

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Completely agree BCW. Next season is about getting the right mix of experience and youth.

Neto - star - hopefully comes back stronger.
Silva - ignoring price, I was a little worried at first, but not any more, getting physically stronger and faster plus takes up great positions and has great awareness.
RAN - definitely improved over recent weeks - both going forward and defensively. My concern would be if we do buy him what back-up we have with Jonny injured for at least half of next season and Marcal a regular sick-note. For a top half back 4 I see him as reserve not first choice. Will we buy? Depends a little on selling Vinagre, price and whether we also need some more experience.
Vitinha - I like and worth buying. Would then look for him and Moutinho to increasingly split the games.
Hoever - still back-up but solid and with potential.
Kilman - hope we retain (and I prefer to Saiss and Donck defensively as CB).
Otasowie - send out on loan for me. D1 or Championship? Or Switzerland?
MGW - delighted he had his goal (eventually) today. If we are going for 4 at back then there is a future for him (and Vitinha).

Also

Sanderson - Championship loan?
Jordao - sell or loan for another season?
Campana - sell
Mir - sell
Ronan - sell
Gomes - loan to Championship?

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Like I said in a different thread, I agree and actually think things are looking potentially pretty good for next season.

What we need IMO is a Mouts-equivalent, older-head, man-of-iron or two to knit it all together. We get bullied too easily IMO and can't strut our stuff.

D

Deleted member 11332

Pretty sure Kilman will be moved on, he's stagnating here and needs game time but I don't think he's a pl defender yet and he's very inexperienced.

The rest very much will be the cornerstone of our success or lack of going forward.

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
I see theres various threads discussing some of our younger players
So i thought opening a thread that combined all of them, and their futures with Wolves, would be an opportunity to discuss all of the pros and cons and possibilities that are open to us, and the future options available

NETO obviously a star on the rise, lets hope his injury is not too serious and he comes back just as strong
FABIO gets better each game,starting to see why he was valued so highly for his age,surely a future star for us
RAN Another thats improving with every start,maybe not the strongest defender, but has so much potential,we must sign him surely?
VITINHA Still a little lightweight for me,but lots to like and the strength will come with more games,another that has too much potential to ignore
HOEVER Has a future here for sure,not totally convinced of his position,i dont think he is a wing back,but could be wrong
KILLMAN Super composed on the ball,needs to improve in the air and can get drawn out of position,but again a decent option
OTTASAWIE not convinced by him yet,shown some improvement and raw talent,but looks too laid back at times ,needs to sharpen up for me
MGW Seems to have been around forever but still only 21,a few weeks back i would have said goodbye,but last few performances gives hope he can still come good

I know there are more youngsters but wanted to keep it down to regular squad players,have we enough to rely on for the future? Will this crop be our base for next 5 years? Will we even keep them all? Discuss
Good post, I think the development of these young players are absolutely central to Nuno’s bigger squad for next season. I’d be very very surprised if we go out & sign a load of new players ( unless we offload some big hitters), but at least 3 experienced quality additions will make all the difference given that Raul, Johnny & Neto will return at some point. For me, Neto is well ahead of the pack but the development of RAN & Fabio in recent weeks gives me confidence that we will have so much more squad depth next season & ultimately a better chance to challenge further up the league.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes - the last 2 matches have felt different to me. Definitely given me a lift.

Let these youngsters grow.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the best thing about the end of this generally awful season, is seeing these youngsters get game time in the top flight of English football, and today many of them being on the winning side for the first time

Confidence is everything to them, as they all have all the talent in the world, and I'm excited to see what they can do for the last 3 games and I hope they all stay in the side

All those players in the OP can go to the very top of the game, such is there massive potential. Barring maybe Kilman who is much older than the others and, despite doing well for us and being underplayed, has arguably a lower ceiling... much as I hate to knock the lad, will probably make a good PL defender where as the others I think can all be elite players such is their potential

I do believe in the policy we have in bringing these wonderkids in, and these next run of games will be so important in them being trusted, starting players for Nuno next season... and believing thats where they should be too

I do believe that Marques and Corbeanu will knocking on the door in a similar fashion next season too. Maybe more, and all of a sudden Nuno's squad starts to look bigger and our budget can be spent on a handful of top class/expensive signings to kick us on

But without the minutes these youngsters can't develop, and its great to have something positive for our future to cheer on as this season dribbles to a close

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost as if we've got a plan to be pretty bloody good in two or three years time isn't it? The players that haven't been quite ready this season will be a very able support team next, and with this crop coming through we should hopefully be able to add the players that can go straight into the first team (but obviously cost a lot more)

The kids are the foundation for the future, and most of those listed should make it, and there's no argument in my opinion to say that any of them have no chance

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If grasshoppers get promoted would that league be about equivalent to the championship?
Killman and Otasowie might benefit from a seasons loan there?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't win anything with kids..........

We are going to have our own class of '92 soon.

Ait Nouri, Hoever, Otasowie and Silva all approaching 20 around the same time. With Vitinha, Gibbs-White and Neto a few years ahead.

Back
Top Bottom