Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Greatest England Teams

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
some international stats people have put their suggestions for great England teams.
of course our own Billy Wright is in in their A team
I know football has changed but how could he not be ?There again when they named England’s greatest ever Managers Howard Wilkinson was up there,Cloughie was down the pecking order and Sir Stan never even got a mention .
It will always be a generational thing I am afraid .

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The greatest England team was the one that won the World Cup.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't know what team has been selected but should definitely have Billy Wright, Frank Swift, Bobby Moore & Jimmy Greaves in it. Maybe Stan Cullis too.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The greatest England team was the one that won the World Cup.
I watched on old interview with Jimmy Greaves last week...he was one of the only ones who thought England would win the cup in 66, but said the 1961 team was a far greater team.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The England team for Euro 96 was the best that I've seen.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The England team for Euro 96 was the best that I've seen.

I don't think that team was particularly great in terms of individual talent from Gazza and Shearer. Worked well as a unit though of course.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know football has changed but how could he not be ?There again when they named England’s greatest ever Managers Howard Wilkinson was up there,Cloughie was down the pecking order and Sir Stan never even got a mention .
It will always be a generational thing I am afraid .
The saddest thing about football is that not only that great players e.g. Matthews, Finney, Dean etc etc , are now virtually unknown but also that film of them playing is hard to come by.

Back
Top Bottom