Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only bad compilation I have seen was when we signed Zubar.

It was essentially all his errors, own goals, terrible tackles, falling over and also missing from point blank range. Made him look terrible and he actually turned out to be alright.
They were his best bits though

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imo he's better than podence, hwang and mgw but not as good as neto. Price is about right. I hope he's not the only signing and this is a sign we actually have cash to spend.

Yes, based on the few times I've seen him, that's right. Possibly a bit better end product than Neto. However, Neto is still so young, he will get there and I've no doubt will be world class eventually.

Also, there's no reason to move any of those on, we need them too. I'm really sick to death of this wafer-thin squad approach!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t want to overhype him based off one video that’s designed to make him look good, but if I had to describe him I’d say a mix of prime Messi and prime Ronaldo. ;)

All well and good, but what's his flaw? Because all our signings have to have some strengths, but also serious flaws, else Man City would have bought them. Can't head? Injury prone? Likes to party? Only one lung? Panic attacks when playing against teams in red? All of the above?

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
Less disrespect of Kieffer Moore’s name please, he’s joint second top scorer in the PL this season and has scored as many goals as we have as a team so far! :p
No disrespect from me, that’s why I said we should sign him instead of the Portuguese Hotshot Hamish.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All well and good, but what's his flaw? Because all our signings have to have some strengths, but also serious flaws, else Man City would have bought them. Can't head? Injury prone? Likes to party? Only one lung? Panic attacks when playing against teams in red? All of the above?
He’s too perfect, apparently that’s his biggest flaw, no way of improving him.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should turn out to be our ready made Jota replacement "better late than never" and the type that Bruno often says he wants in that he is better than what we have ie Hwang, Podence, MGW, Could be a pretty good forward line in 12 months time, Guedes, Neto, Silva just need that midfield box to box player, now which Portuguese player can fill that role ?.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks fantastic, it all sounds positive. Let's hope they will get this over the line.

Did I see he has worked with Bruno when he was younger?

That should give us a bit of an advantage.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks fantastic, it all sounds positive. Let's hope they will get this over the line.

Did I see he has worked with Bruno when he was younger?

That should give us a bit of an advantage.

Looks like they spent a lot of time together in the Benfica Youth team when Lage was the manager.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be funny if we signed Guedes to play as a false nine

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I completely agree, Guedes is like the finished article of Neto, those 2 on fire playing either side of Raul would be phenomenal.

And I think Raul has one good season left in him at least. He looked really strong before the injury, and I don't believe he was fully at it at times last season for whatever reason. And Raul will still lead our attack even if we do sign another striker - the names we're looking at rn, we're buying a backup to Raul, not a replacement IMHO
Agree and he would have Neto and Guedes to play in now like he used to with Adama and less so Jota.

None of which were sustained options for him last year when he was dropping deep.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence Guedes Neto

Is a dangerous front 3

If MGW stays or his money must be used on a midfielder or two

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm liking the thought of guedes off Ramos or Jimenez better but then we would need an out and out right winger. Unless Gibbs white is played there
Ramos hmmm really not sure we could afford him to be honest

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Tim Vickery, Guedes is pronounced "Gedge".

If he's right, for those who are not impressed with this signing maybe

Goncalo Gedge
He cost a fair wedge
But he can't hit a hedge
Our Goncalo Gedge

(he'll be a good'un, though)

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
New signing?
Check the Mix
No-one on FlightTracker duty??
Boo! #ModsOut

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nor me but didn't think we would get guedes. Benfica after an Almeria striker by the looks of it so preparing an exit for Ramos??

They've just signed Horta from Braga (can't remember which one it is) but he's essentially Ramos's replacement

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Tim Vickery, Guedes is pronounced "Gedge".

If he's right, for those who are not impressed with this signing maybe

Goncalo Gedge
He cost a fair wedge
But he can't hit a hedge
Our Goncalo Gedge

(he'll be a good'un, though)
Who's Tim Vickery ?

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've just signed Horta from Braga (can't remember which one it is) but he's essentially Ramos's replacement

They've said they need to trim the amount of strikers down and he's potentially one they want to sell as he's the biggest asset.

Strange as you'd expect him to start and value to increase.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's Tim Vickery ?
Most people would probably regard him as the leading expert on S American players/football. Originally a Spurs supporter, he moved to and settled in Brazil many years ago, and also maintains an interest in Portuguese/Spanish players in Europe.

Speaks Portuguese fluently as a Brazilian resident.

Jayjaywolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't see any inbound Valair jets. I'm going to keep looking though.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be funny if we signed Guedes to play as a false nine
Don’t see how it would be funny, seems like it would be a good fit at present since we don’t have a true nine available.
He’s bigger/stronger/better balanced than any of the other options we have fit right now.

Funny would be signing Guedes and then still playing Hwang there.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence Guedes Neto

Is a dangerous front 3

If MGW stays or his money must be used on a midfielder or two
Then when fit, Neto - Jimenez - Guedes is jizz worthy, if Raul gets back to anything like form.
Looked sharp enough in preseason and was very good last game of last season.

Back
Top Bottom