Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goncalo Guedes.

Boogs95

Reaction score
As a Benfica supporter I can honestly say this is a good move both for him and the club.

I’ve always said it since the day he left to psg, he’s got the physical attributes to be a quality player in the Prem. He will be a good fit when there’s so many Portuguese people at the club to welcome him in. He’s got a really good right foot, he can bang them in from anywhere and also very competent with his left. He’s got great pace and he’s a hard worker so I can assure he will give 100% every match. I can only wish him the very best.

It’s nice to see you making some signings, definitely needed it. Even though it’s another Mendes special.

Let’s go Wolves!!!!

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got to be happy with this signing. Only seen him on YouTube but he looks very decent. Helps Lage put his own stamp on the team.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So who was it who said they'd eat dog poop if Guedes signed? :eek:
That’ll be @Jayjaywolves

hes just warming himself up to his challenge

giphy.gif

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Going to be quite an interesting battle for the Portuguese World Cup squad.

Neto, Guedes and Podence.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I have made clear, I am not a fan of the current recruitment team, but fair play, I think Guedes is a good signing.
I would think Mendes was the biggest help in this one, not our recruitment team BSK.

Guedes is one of his clients, so Mendes must have been heavily involved. Jeff Shi said there were other clubs interested right up to the last minute, so thanks Uncle Jorge.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wonder if he'll fit in?
Serious question, we've been unlucky with a few players now, leaving because they just didn't like it here

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lazy comparison but seems to have a bit of fight about him which is Jota-esque, also very direct.

Looks a good signing on paper, exciting!
He’s definitely very direct in style. I think he’ll start on the left with Neto on the right, and they’ll both be shoe-ins every week. MGW or Podence starting as the 10, probably give the edge to Podence at the moment but given his injury record, I think MGW will still play a lot of games especially with his versatility (unless Forest front up £40m).

Add to that, in more difficult games I think we’ll play with a midfield three rather than switching to a back five. Only problem with that right now is we have 3 senior central midfielders, and 1 of them is injured.

Given Guedes and Hwang can play as a striker in a pinch, the need for a quality central midfielder (or possibly two, to be honest) is a much higher priority. I’d still like a striker, but I’d take a decent backup that isn’t going to cost us what Ramos would (I.e. Batshuayi), especially given that Silva has started well in Anderlecht and I expect he’ll continue to gain confidence and experience out there and be ready to compete with Raul in a years time.

Pray it doesn’t happen, but one more injury to either Neves or Dendoncker and Lage is forced to start Cundle or Ronan…

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine question. Will Guedes be a game changer?

Post Leeds, Bruno stated we created chances but couldn't score (very familiar statement). Leeds fans reckon they were on top first 35 and second 20 (whilst also moaning about Wolves continuous diving and time wasting!). If our tactics aren't right or we don't use Guedes to his strengths I wonder just how much of an impact one player can have.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So who was it who said they'd eat dog poop if Guedes signed? :eek:
The morons who have done nothing but spout hatred and bile about the club, should all be forced to eat dog ****. I’m more endeared to our owners than I am to some of our spiteful ‘fans’, and I would never, ever thought I’d say that. They know who they are and they’re a disgrace.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Great signing, welcome to Wolves Gonçalo.

Tors

Reaction score
This is a great signing, Fingers crossed we can keep Neves (still plenty of transfer window left) and sell Adama.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A player we've been linked with for a while and his YouTube vid is impressive (aren't they all!). Certainly quality as a Portuguese international, but hardly prolific. 11 in 36 for Valencia last season and 23 in 113 in all comps for Valencia over his time there. In my day, a forward who scored 1 in 2 was considered good, but times have changed and I guess he's not played centrally for some of his time.
Anyway, a welcome signing in an area that we desperately needed to strengthen.
Now, onto the next as we are still weak in midfield.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On paper Guedes must be the best signing that we've made since Andy Gray because he's in his prime.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
On paper our forward line looks . Hoping for a cm who can release them and we're good to go.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Been at sea and return to find we've actually signed what on paper looks a decent player. Poundshop has finally done something right. Which outgoing player is going to pay for him - MGW I imagine.

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Certainly quality as a Portuguese international, but hardly prolific. 11 in 36 for Valencia last season and 23 in 113 in all comps for Valencia over his time there. In my day, a forward who scored 1 in 2 was considered good, but times have changed and I guess he's not played centrally for some of his time.
So almost a third of the goals our entire squad managed then? If he gets anywhere near 11 this year he’ll walk off with every end of season award

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would think Mendes was the biggest help in this one, not our recruitment team BSK.

Guedes is one of his clients, so Mendes must have been heavily involved. Jeff Shi said there were other clubs interested right up to the last minute, so thanks Uncle Jorge.
Yes, I think you may be right and I am being too generous to Sellars. I will breathe a sigh of relief the day that joker is shown the door.

Back
Top Bottom