Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Goal music

Like it?

• Yes

Votes: 69 27.1%
  • No

Votes: 186 72.9%

• Total voters

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Keep it gewin.Why the hell do we have to bin it cuz no other big club does goal music.Put some bloody buds in ya ears if ya dow like it.
I know what you mean but I'd still get rid of it next season - we're all gonna keep singing it anyway so no need for it. I actually think it'll be more fun singing it 'spontaneously'.

More important for me (and still not very important tbf!) is the pre-match music, which is ****ing dire: a) none of the songs have any great relevance for Wolves, and b) they're all absolute ****e!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The current song is god awful IMO. I’d be happy to keep goal music provided if it was actually something served to amp up the crowd and atmosphere. But between what we have now and nothing... nothing.

I know it’s a completely different sport and it’s probably better suited to an Arena but All 32 NHL teams have goal music. Some are great, Arizona and Dallas for example.
Most are okay and then only a few really terrible. Looking at you Carolina Hurricanes! Chelsea dagger gets a run out with Chicago, always a crowd pleaser.
But why would you need goal music to ramp up the atmosphere? It's the only time in the game that the atmosphere's guaranteed to be good.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know what you mean but I'd still get rid of it next season - we're all gonna keep singing it anyway so no need for it. I actually think it'll be more fun singing it 'spontaneously'.

More important for me (and still not very important tbf!) is the pre-match music, which is ****ing dire: a) none of the songs have any great relevance for Wolves, and b) they're all absolute ****e!
Agree with both of those points

On the second, stick to Hungry Like the Wolf, The Wonder of You but these new ones are a bit naff if you ask me.
Do love Everybody wants to rule the world when the final whistle goes on a win, mind.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree with both of those points

On the second, stick to Hungry Like the Wolf, The Wonder of You but these new ones are a bit naff if you ask me.
Do love Everybody wants to rule the world when the final whistle goes on a win, mind.
Same here, they didn't play it after Villa though if I'm remembering correctly? We were stuck as usual waiting for the bottleneck to clear in the Bully and most of the Villa fans had gone but I don't remember it coming on...

Just thinking about how one of Bath's finest (Roland Orzabal in Tears for fears) is supposed to be a Wolves fan, hence the tenuous link, I'd love a bit of Dexy's before the game. Would come on Wand'rers to the tune of come on Eileen be too naff - okay, probably, but how about: 'Come on Wand'rers , oh I swear what he means. At this moment, you mean EVERYTHING...' It'd take me back to my childhood social club days with a bottle of pop and coins for the pool table and isn't Kevin Roland one of ours? Plus it's a shouty classic!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Just thinking about how one of Bath's finest (Roland Orzabal in Tears for fears) is supposed to be a Wolves fan, hence the tenuous link, I'd love a bit of Dexy's before the game. Would come on Wand'rers to the tune of come on Eileen be too naff - okay, probably, but how about: 'Come on Wand'rers , oh I swear what he means. At this moment, you mean EVERYTHING...' It'd take me back to my childhood social club days with a bottle of pop and coins for the pool table and isn't Kevin Roland one of ours? Plus it's a shouty classic!
Orzabal is a massive Man United fan. He talked recently about how he was really upset to see Wolves beat Man United in that FA Cup semi final and then had salt rubbed into his wounds when he heard Everybody Wants to Rule the World blasting out after the final whistle.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Last edited:

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the song but I just think Wolves shouldn't be playing goal music

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The current song is god awful IMO. I’d be happy to keep goal music provided if it was actually something served to amp up the crowd and atmosphere. But between what we have now and nothing... nothing.

I know it’s a completely different sport and it’s probably better suited to an Arena but All 32 NHL teams have goal music. Some are great, Arizona and Dallas for example.
Most are okay and then only a few really terrible. Looking at you Carolina Hurricanes! Chelsea dagger gets a run out with Chicago, always a crowd pleaser.
Goal music does the exact opposite of ramping up the atmosphere.

As you say, completely different sport. And country.

The Weasel

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Orzabal is a massive Man United fan. He talked recently about how he was really upset to see Wolves beat Man United in that FA Cup semi final and then had salt rubbed into his wounds when he heard Everybody Wants to Rule the World blasting out after the final whistle.
It was Curt Smith who said this in an interview after the FA Cup defeat to us...

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I like the pre match music with the imitation fire blasters.I'm 70 in June and it gets the adrenaline pumping.Although I dow need it as I've got plenty of passion.I'm 10 rows up behind the goal in the South bank,and will give any youngster a run for their money if they want to try and out sing me. :p it's the one's that get mobile phones out to tek pics of free kicks or pens that do my head in mostly.:mad:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or we could just not score goals,ha ha ha.although we seem to have tried that and i did`nt like it.not too fussed either way on the goal music but do agree it looks poor when a goal gets disallowed

it would be even worse if we have to wait and see for sure.What would be the point.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't we play some Gary Glitter? He had some stonking SONGS. Whatever happened to him?

What?

WHAT?

Oops.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Goal music does the exact opposite of ramping up the atmosphere.

As you say, completely different sport. And country.
Unfortunately i haven’t had the opportunity to confirm your statement for myself in the ground. Maybe another track might do the trick. Either way it looks like we’ve discovered another non-issue of contention for wolves fans to lose their breathe over.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They're only playing it because the ground is so quiet that we could hear the ref discussing VAR on every goal

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same here, they didn't play it after Villa though if I'm remembering correctly? We were stuck as usual waiting for the bottleneck to clear in the Bully and most of the Villa fans had gone but I don't remember it coming on...

Or we could just play loads of Led Zep.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"All of the lights" is such a terrible choice of song, embarrasing.
They did swap the light show for a mixed version of "Stairway to heaven" which obviously has Wolves connections but our chavvy fanbase had never heard that on CapitolFM

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They did swap the light show for a mixed version of "Stairway to heaven" which obviously has Wolves connections but our chavvy fanbase had never heard that on CapitolFM
Almost as embarrassing as that crappy light show.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
For those of us who aren’t so lucky to frequent the Molineux each year what are the songs that they play pre-match?

Wolf316 said:
Or we could just play loads of Led Zep
Surely Wolfmother - Joker and the Thief should get a look in. The intro would match a light show quite well.

Last edited:

Padraig

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The decision to play it is probably made by the same person who still hasn’t realised that Silver Lining needs to end on the chorus instead of awkwardly fading it out in the verse, so I don’t have much hope of it going away.

All Of The Lights has been going for about four years now as well. How hard can it be to freshen it up?

Said it before but the match day production has gone down the pan in the past couple of years, we used to be second to none but now it’s pretty tinpot.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
or we could just not score goals,ha ha ha.although we seem to have tried that and i did`nt like it.not too fussed either way on the goal music but do agree it looks poor when a goal gets disallowed

it would be even worse if we have to wait and see for sure.What would be the point.
This would be class , I’ve been in that stadium a few times and really gets the fans going

now that's what ya call tinpot.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love the goal music and the light show at night games. We're an entertainment product first and foremost, if you want to bring in new supporters you need to work hard for it. I'm sorry to say but the days of flat caps, bovril and woodbines are long gone ;)

Norwegian Wolf

Reaction score
Some see it as crap music, I see it as a Europa League anthem and a reminder of better days (and what we are currently playing for). The more the merrier.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love it - keep it. Don’t care if it looks or sounds naff!

Would prefer more singing in the run-up to game like the old days but no-one in South Bank 5mins before kick-off so pointless.

Personally would prefer Hi Ho Silver Lining earlier, keep the entrance music but then play something else in the few seconds before kick-off based on an existing Wolves song - Raul or Coady or Neves.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's one of the questions I sent in for the Ask Wolves thing. Can we stop playing it, or at least give fans a vote on whether to keep it?
We voted years back to stop goal music !! Hate the way clubs try to latch on to what fans sing !! Leave us to be spontaneous !! We don’t need a cue to do things , same happened when we started singing the turn to ring of fire and whenever ebanks Blake scored !! Why the **** do you want to drown a crowd out with a pa System !!!

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And herein lies the problem , the yanks love all this contrived **** !! The English don’t …

Back
Top Bottom