Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gabriel Slonina

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah was a joke, I hope he stays as well for sure. I think our defence got very noticeably worse when he left, Jonny did notch a few goals which Semedo needs to contribute more of but Jonny looked really really lost at RB. Semedo would be better in a 4 I think, less goal contributions required but his ball retention and ball progression (per his position he is basically our best at it) would be great.

I know Jonny is a career left back but as an experienced right footer I was disappointed with him, as harsh as that sounds. He lost that power and aggression. He's never been a sprinter but was sharp over 5/10 yards and smashed into people. I remember Mourinho's team talk to his Spurs side before our game and he specifically mentioned Jonny for his aggression.

Not about cutting people in half just about being aggressive when a winger is back to goal, seemed like he was in no man's land constantly. Doubt we could get a fee for him of any note, but if we could get around the £10M region I'd strongly consider it as well.
Glad to hear that re Semedo, not least because some folk still want him sold yesterday.

I'd like to see Jonny with a full pre-season before l think about writing him off. He looked knackered after an hour which suggests he hadn't got up to full match fitness and stamina. I believe that he sometimes played RB in Spain.

fleck1

Reaction score
This kids a serious talent, Chicago number 1 at 17 years old. Lots of clubs sniffing around, his style is very similar to Jose Sa, athletic, quick off his line, comfortable with the ball at his feet. Definitely one worth getting our hands on.

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Glad to hear that re Semedo, not least because some folk still want him sold yesterday.

I'd like to see Jonny with a full pre-season before l think about writing him off. He looked knackered after an hour which suggests he hadn't got up to full match fitness and stamina. I believe that he sometimes played RB in Spain.
played RB for Spain.Took to the cleaners by Rashford if I remember.
hope you will be ok. soon

TriumphWolf

Reaction score
This would be a very good signing for the club.
My concern is that this could be a signal that the shoulder injury Sarkic has sustained may be more challenging to overcome than many expect - I hope that is not the case, but shoulder injuries and goalkeepers is rarely a happy combination.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My concern is that this could be a signal that the shoulder injury Sarkic has sustained may be more challenging to overcome than many expect - I hope that is not the case, but shoulder injuries and goalkeepers is rarely a happy combination.
Sarkic looks very good and fine in his last two games for u23s. Recovered well it seems.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has been playing for the under 23's and i'm sure he wouldn't be playing if he wasn't 100%.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's be honest we only need someone to play about 4 games a season .

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's be honest we only need someone to play about 4 games a season .

As a back up? This lad won't be here to sit on the bench. He'll be out on loan to develop.

Doubt we even get him. Wolves or real Madrid? Won't start for either in the whole length of the first contact. Easy choice

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Shame as I’d have liked him here (despite having a plethora of decent kids).

Not sure how much he’d play behind Courtois who must have at least 3 more years at the very top, maybe more. That said I think Andrei Lunin played 5/6 times for them this season and has a Champions League medal. Even at Wolves as the cup goalie Slonina wouldn’t get anymore games than that.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How would he learn quicker here, he'll be on loan for years at both clubs
English football, regardless of level, is more competitive and combative than the Spanish leagues. I would've thought for a goalie learning his craft, England would be ideal. Maybe RM will loan him to an English club, but I wouldn't count on it.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
English football, regardless of level, is more competitive and combative than the Spanish leagues. I would've thought for a goalie learning his craft, England would be ideal. Maybe RM will loan him to an English club, but I wouldn't count on it.

He can do that from Real Madrid too. He'll probably be in MLS for a couple more years anyway, he's getting game time and his age, no point moving country. Let him learn Spanish from there

Rabid Wolf

Reaction score
Shame as I’d have liked him here (despite having a plethora of decent kids).

Not sure how much he’d play behind Courtois who must have at least 3 more years at the very top, maybe more. That said I think Andrei Lunin played 5/6 times for them this season and has a Champions League medal. Even at Wolves as the cup goalie Slonina wouldn’t get anymore games than that.
Think he'll end up on loan to Mallorca or some other bottom end of La Liga team to get experience is my guess.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's a tricky one with Goalkeepers. They need to be playing as much as possible to develop.

Exactly....this bull**** about how you can't say no to Real Madrid. Look at the amount of even promising England goalies who've gone to places like Man U and disappeared because they never get a proper game, they all have to leave to get in the spotlight and actually play football.

You have a bloke like Jose Sa who may never have got a look in a very top club and bummed around Greek football getting his profile raised; if he puts in another season like the last one he could be the most expensive keeper in the world 9 months from now.

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Ah yes, Chelsea. Historically brilliant at bringing through talented young keepers

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

We can't afford to spend £10M on a kid as a goalkeeper, especially when we have a young (in GK terms) one who should be absolutely locked in unless we sell him for massive money.

Development players are good to get but not at that cost when the first team needs so much doing to it

Reaction score
Lage is a big fan of Hoever tbf so selling Semedo makes sense.
Chatter is that could happen at the end of the coming season, and before anyone jumps up and down shouting about what a wonderful footballer he is, it would be for financial reasons.

Semedo's contract runs out at the end of the season, talk is the club will activate the 2 year option then look to move him on whilst he still has a decent resale value.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy is old enough to be this kid's grandfather.

Back
Top Bottom