Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gabriel Slonina

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
£3m makes far more sense than £10m & he's highly rated, however I can't help but feel the annoyance of constantly spending money on potential.

Hope he turns out a great signing mind (should it go through)

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How many young keepers do we need?

Well Ruddy leaves - Sarkic can then go on loan again and you bring in this lad as number 2 and understudy for cups.

Or high prospect that this lad is, sarkic is number 2 and this lad goes off to the championship with a view of being number 2 year after then future number 1?

Sondergaard wont jump over the current crop

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Came very close to joining Chelsea before the sanctions were announced (under the terms of that deal, he was going to be loaned back to Chicago under 2023).

Have never seen him play myself but a colleague of mine is a Chicago Fire fan and says he is unbelievably good for his age.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because we need another young keeper?

Seriously WTF?

The lads we have in reality aren't anything special.

This lad could very well be world class in a few years.

He's 18 and probably walk in and be 2nd or 3rd choice right now.

Sondergaard couldn't get a game for Randers FC and then couldn't get in Hereford starting line up inthe 6th tier.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well Ruddy leaves - Sarkic can then go on loan again and you bring in this lad as number 2 and understudy for cups.

Or high prospect that this lad is, sarkic is number 2 and this lad goes off to the championship with a view of being number 2 year after then future number 1?

Sondergaard wont jump over the current crop

We already have Moulden (20, ex Man City) out on loan.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£3mil for an 18 year old keeper who Chelsea were going to sign till they were banned, has several champions league teams interested, is a regular already in the MLS and both Poland and the USA are already interested in bringing him into the international set up.

Not to mention due to him being 18 he will be classed as home grown by us by the time he turns 21.

This is a really good signing if we pull it off. He is better than Sarkic who can now get another loan to the championship due to his injury last season cutting his season short.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuine interest from other clubs would see this lad as the next young up and coming world class keeper, so would be ahead of moulden

All well and good, but what about the rest of the squad? We barely have enough fit players to cover outfield players, and we want to invest in another top talent for the future in a position where we already have plenty of cover. The summer hasn’t even started properly and I’m already getting angry!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bring him in as number 2? let sarkic go?

It's a tricky one with Goalkeepers. They need to be playing as much as possible to develop.

As Tony Roberts has said recently, the club don't really want Sarkic to comeback as number 2, as he will have a lot of suitors in the Championship and will be able to play a full season.

Same goes for this new guy. The likelihood is we will want him playing as much as possible. He won't be doing that as a number 2 here.

Ideally, Ruddy extends for another season, Sarkic has a full season in the Championship and this new guy comes in plays a full season on loan somewhere too.

But £3m for one of the World's best young goalkeepers seems like a great deal!

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also possible we'd sell Sarkic if he comes in, I'd have thought...

Of the other young keepers who've been out on loan Joe Young seems to have had the most rave reviews. Ok, so Matlock play at a poor standard, but I think that matters slightly less for goalkeepers than outfielders.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have a reputation similar to Donnarumma's at 18 (not saying he's Donnarumma) but perhaps one of those where we can offer the No.2 spot (plus the cups and a few in the league) to one of the best youngsters in the game in his position to get in before the big clubs and let him finish the MLS season where he is... and if Ruddy goes Sarkic gets the No.2 spot until he arrives and then competes with him

Because if he's not at that level its a strange one as we have so many good young keepers his age or a bit older... will likely need to cull a few if they're not at this lads level

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems to have a reputation similar to Donnarumma's at 18 (not saying he's Donnarumma) but perhaps one of those where we can offer the No.2 spot to one of the best youngsters in the game in his position to get in before the big clubs and let him finish the MLS season where he is... and if Ruddy goes Sarkic gets the No.2 spot until he arrives and then competes with him

Because if he's not at that level its a strange one as we have so many good young keepers his age or a bit older... will likely need to cull a few if they're not at this lads level

I’d be ok if the plan was to upgrade one or two of our younger keepers with this guy, selling them to cover his fee and wages. That makes much more sense than adding yet another to the keeper succession plan, no matter how good he is. Jeez, our keeper succession plan is starting to look like the list of Royals waiting behind the Queen!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On the 2022 NXGN list of 50 players (annual list of 50 of the best youngsters in the world).

Not in the top 10, but it's unusual to have too many goalkeepers on there.

About 90% of the top 10 on those lists normally go on to be very good or elite players. Outside of that, it's normally about a 50/50 chance of having an excellent career.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£3m makes far more sense than £10m & he's highly rated, however I can't help but feel the annoyance of constantly spending money on potential.

Hope he turns out a great signing mind (should it go through)
3 million won't touch the sides and less than trincao loan fee.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His name sounds like a Slovakian football team!

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s obviously very, very good so can see why we are going for him. It’s not, however, a signing I would say we particularly need unless guys like Moulden have stunk the place out on their loans.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo offski as well, Kevin Foley was commentating the U23 game last night. Wonder if Jeff will have him on a player/co-comm contract.
Re your first sentence: knowledge or speculation? I hope the latter as Semedo was bloody good until he got injured and Jonny is still risky after two major injuries in quick succession.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo offski as well, Kevin Foley was commentating the U23 game last night. Wonder if Jeff will have him on a player/co-comm contract.
wouldnt surprise me as we could still get most of the fee back for him and have cover in FB areas

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Re your first sentence: knowledge or speculation? I hope the latter as Semedo was bloody good until he got injured and Jonny is still risky after two major injuries in quick succession.
Nah was a joke, I hope he stays as well for sure. I think our defence got very noticeably worse when he left, Jonny did notch a few goals which Semedo needs to contribute more of but Jonny looked really really lost at RB. Semedo would be better in a 4 I think, less goal contributions required but his ball retention and ball progression (per his position he is basically our best at it) would be great.

I know Jonny is a career left back but as an experienced right footer I was disappointed with him, as harsh as that sounds. He lost that power and aggression. He's never been a sprinter but was sharp over 5/10 yards and smashed into people. I remember Mourinho's team talk to his Spurs side before our game and he specifically mentioned Jonny for his aggression.

Not about cutting people in half just about being aggressive when a winger is back to goal, seemed like he was in no man's land constantly. Doubt we could get a fee for him of any note, but if we could get around the £10M region I'd strongly consider it as well.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Lage is a big fan of Hoever tbf so selling Semedo makes sense.
Heard they were spotted in Mo Camara's bar in Tettenhall (with Fabio & Trincao who were Mo's place quite a lot - that isn't actually a joke btw) slow dancing with each other then popped over the road for a Minhs.

Back
Top Bottom