Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fulham don’t assume

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score
One thing I would say after last week, is that at least we'll have a go and it won't be boring. We'll probably have a few scares and make enough chances. The question is can we survive the scares and take the chances?

SheldonWolf

Reaction score
Nitro Vic is always a player I’ve admired, very similar to Raul. Raw, aggressive, solid really like him as a centre forward & thought we should have gone in for him when they went down a few years ago.

He’ll give Kilman and Collins a very busy afternoon in the sun, especially from set pieces.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh this is a really tough Prem season. You could start a similar thread for every team this year. You look how easily Bournemouth swept Villa aside and how Forest put up a good show v Toon. With us still in some kind of transition it's hard to look at any game as an easy win. When you look at the 20 teams it's hard to say for sure who will finish in the bottom 3; even us? With the window still open our situation could rapidly improve but an injury to Neves early on and we could be in big trouble. It was interesting to see Leeds targeting him throughout the match on Saturday; Neves is crucial to where we end up this season.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am still far too scarred from Brentford at home last season to ever assume victory in this league.

In fact, I'm not looking forward to this game one bit after watching Fulham vs Liverpool. They are more organised than before, carry a threat on the break, have a physical presence up front look very fit and mobile (compared to us). Yes we have better players and if we play well then we SHOULD win but if we are slightly off it I can see the players walking off the pitch to a few boos (probably not aimed at them, mind) after a frustrating afternoon.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a new season with many transfers in many clubs and new coaches in some teams.
Forget last year…….it’s gone.

Based on our last two seasons, ( and especially last season with Bruno), I’d recommend we don’t take any game for granted. ( For the record, I have some doubts with Bruno).
Change the record, you're going to wear your stylus out. :grin:

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Be tough on him as a result of doing the business late in the window

People on here are happy at throwing the first 4 games remember if we get the right player

Yep. And as we stand, with just the one signing in and no one returning from injuries it's going to be the same shoddy bench as at Leeds last week. It will continue to cost us points. We needed two players in at least this week. Again we'll be in a position where the head coach can barely make a sub.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But watch what they did to Liverpool, if things go wrong stick with them, don’t panic, don’t transmit negativity as it’s a tough game and we can’t assume we have a divine right to victory.

I hope the fans stick with the team to the very end.

On other threads there are some lads spoiling for a bit of aggro against Fosun, I hope the GG signing has stunted that growth, it is only the first home match of the season after all.

The window still open for another few weeks, so let’s help the team for the full 90+ mins!!

COYW

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After their showing at home to Liverpool, Fulham will come to Moulineux full of confidence. Always felt it was a mistake we didn’t beat Fulham to the signing of Mitrovic a few years ago, as I think he’d have been a real crowd favourite here. Glad Coady isn’t marking him, as he always struggled with Mitrovic. Hopefully Guedes will feature. I’m going with us to squeak a 2-1 win but honestly this game could easily go either way.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Change the record, you're going to wear your stylus out. :grin:
What on earth are you on about?

If it’s my concerns about Bruno, I probably mention it about once every couple of weeks whereas many posters repeat themselves several times a day..

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
34/36! Temperatures Saturday in Wolverhampton. Player and fan safety must be taken into account really. I know the PL have said drinks breaks what’s that every 15 mins??

Ragnar

Reaction score
Tbh this is a really tough Prem season. You could start a similar thread for every team this year. You look how easily Bournemouth swept Villa aside and how Forest put up a good show v Toon. With us still in some kind of transition it's hard to look at any game as an easy win. When you look at the 20 teams it's hard to say for sure who will finish in the bottom 3; even us? With the window still open our situation could rapidly improve but an injury to Neves early on and we could be in big trouble. It was interesting to see Leeds targeting him throughout the match on Saturday; Neves is crucial to where we end up this season.

Forest were horrific against Newcastle. It was wave after wave of Newcastle attacks. Along with the eye test some of the stats were;

Newcastle had 59 touches in Forests box the most of any team - for reference the 2nd most was 31. Forest had 10 touches in Newcastle's box.

Newcastle - 62% possession

Newcastle 23 shots 10 on Target - Forest 5 shots 0 on Target.

Forest are in massive trouble this season. I know Newcastle have improved but they are still a pretty standard mid table side and Forest didn't even compete

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Having decided to spend the day in, last Saturday, I finished up watching the Fulham/Liverpool game at the pub. I was impressed by Fulham and thought they were unlucky not to get all three points (when Klopp is reduced to claiming reduced moisture of the pitch was the cause of his teams failure, you get the idea). Anyway, when we subsided without a whimper at Elland Road I got the feeling if our manager doesn't get his act together, and fast, including some backside kicking of a few players, we could be in for a rough Autumn.
In the present circumstances I would settle for a draw on Saturday.

Totally understand that, however always fascinating how we can watch the same thing and get different opinions. Fulham were better than usual, but I did think Liverpool were far short of their usual standard. Nowhere near the same as the Liverpool we played last match of the season. Palinha impressed in the first half, but in the second disappeared and looked more like Donk with every passing minute! Coady has already escaped before his tradional fleecing by Mitrovic, can he really bully an ex-Burnley centre half as easily? Nobody bullies ex-Burnley centre halves, surely? :)

Also, don't think we were that bad at Leeds. I'm a believer in something a manager said years ago - at the start of the season, all that matters is performance, as the season progresses, that declines until at the end, all that matters is winning points. The point is that football includes a lot of luck and we performed overall well enough. Especially considering a new defence and key injuries. The defence will improve as the partnership settles. Stop making individual errors, carry on performing like that and we will be fine. Would be more worried about their total lack of creativity, if I was a Leeds fan.

Would agree a draw is OK. Not ideal but at least gets a point on the board and we know several teams struggle to even do that, so keeps us bobbing above them. And only 5 points off first.

Seems to me we've not been great starters for any Premier League season yet. Remember that 5-2 battering by Chelsea. We've been around the bottom 3 well into September 2 or 3 times, IIRC. Nobody got sacked.

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does any adult Wolves fan really think we have a divine right to win? Everyone I know has been ground down by years of failure and underachievement and are as pessimistic as hell.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does any adult Wolves fan really think we have a divine right to win? Everyone I know has been ground down by years of failure and underachievement and are as pessimistic as hell.
I think Nuno took us so high and our expectations for the future were truly fuelled but true to form Wolves have reverted to type and you have to think failure and underachievement are as likely now as any genuine success.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Yes. Every game, doesn't matter who we play.

With me it's more blind optimism rather than divine right though TBH

Back
Top Bottom