Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Friend's being released

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
According to the E&S, what an utter waste of money.

Our scouts seem to have problems spotting dodgy leftbacks! Mulgrew, Hill, Friend.

I just hope Jelly isnt added to that list!

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We gambled on a promising youngster and it didn't come off. It happens.

J

Jameswwfc

Didn't cost a great deal, think we only paid 150k up front and the rest was down to appearances. Might as well let him go and hill as we have george and ward here already and i expect us to sign another one in the summer plus we have malone coming through the ranks to.

S

Sharples

Promotion to the Prem and now establishing ourselves there means that its an even bigger step up for younger players. Too far for him, wish him luck. Nice and one day could be a very good player.

K

KevinAshleyreallywasawful

Little and Jones off too. No surprises but good luck to all.

WISAW

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm sad to see Little go, think he'll back an excellent Championship and maybe even Prem RB in a couple of years (of course, we're just not in a position to wait that long).

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, Mulgrew looked class in the pre season friendlies - maybe even better on the left wing than as a left back... I think a combination of home sickness, injury and Stephen Ward's left sided utility man renaissance effectively finished his Wolves career

R

Ross wwfc

Waste of money, But as we have saw with many of our 1st team players from lower league teams its worth the gamble. Good luck to him.

K

Can see Halford ending up back at Sheff Utd for about 500k. The Hoff is in the last 3 for the interviews for sous chef at Little Chef in Cannock.

T

The Bion

Promotion to the Prem and now establishing ourselves there means that its an even bigger step up for younger players. Too far for him, wish him luck. Nice and one day could be a very good player.

This, basically. By our own admission we've progressed faster than expected.

D

Deleted member 3751

Our scouts seem to have problems spotting dodgy leftbacks! Mulgrew, Hill, Friend.

Hill wasn't dodgy.

Friend was being looked at by at least one top flight side when we signed him so he was viewed as one with potential- just hasn't realised it.

R

Riffardwolf

A real gentleman, Mr Friend. Was brilliant with my kids on Sunday and in the reserve game at Telford we saw, quite a talented player too. Shame there's no room for him

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Bouma from Villa is available on a free this summer.

K

Was thinking about Bouma just the other day. Get the feeling though that his injury was bad enough to impair his game. Shame though.

Last edited by a moderator:

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A real gentleman, Mr Friend. Was brilliant with my kids on Sunday and in the reserve game at Telford we saw, quite a talented player too. Shame there's no room for him

Absolutely spot on.

George is a very talented footballer who given the right club will do very well.

As was quite correctly pointed out in an early post our promotion to the Premiership made it just too big a gulf for George to make and he has virtually been sidelined for the past 6 months and more.

His contribution to Exeter City`s successful relegation fight in the 13 loan games he played were immense.

I know they are very keen to resign him but they might well face competition from a bigger club.

When we first signed him there were other clubs including Fulham who were interested.

M

Mr Wolf

The bonus of having a championship wining squad is that you should be able to sell them quite easily back to the lower divs.

E

Ettingshall Wolf

Let us not forget Friend's (and Hill's) most important club contribution - our record breaking 4 (read it - 4!) hits on the cross bar challenge. thank you boys, I will forever be grateful :)

Edit - for a bonus point, the other 2 were...

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Let us not forget Friend's (and Hill's) most important club contribution - our record breaking 4 (read it - 4!) hits on the cross bar challenge. thank you boys, I will forever be grateful :)

Edit - for a bonus point, the other 2 were...

Berra & Stack

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a bit of a shame, I think had we have stayed in the Championship there'd have been room for him. He is a good player, maybe in 5 years or so he'll be back in the Prem.

Hopefully he'll sign for Exeter!

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
I hope he'll sign for someone in the championship, I think he deserves it. sorry to see him go really

A

ashfordwolf

I think that sometimes some of these signings have appeared dodgy because they have have not had a decent run in the team and so we have made a decision on them without really seeing what they can do. Some players need a bit longer than others to bed in. Berra took some critisism early doors and Craddock has had abuse as Championship defenders before looking like a half decent Premier League partnership.

Karl Henry looked brilliant on his trial debut v Villa. Would we have been so patient should he have had a more mediocre game. Perhaps he had such games for Stoke and that is why he was released. Sometimes I think it is not all about the player but a little to do with the situation.

A

ashfordwolf

Oh blimey, no one has ever done that before! I feel rather odd mow, thanks Astral

Back
Top Bottom