Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fosun in? Jeff & Sellars Out?

What do we do?

• Fosun Out

Votes: 42 16.0%
  • Fosun in - Shi & Sellars Out

Votes: 110 41.8%
  • Fosun In - Everything will be alright

Votes: 90 34.2%
  • Let’s tear this place apart!!!!

Votes: 21 8.0%

• Total voters

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And for the Mendes bashers. Would we have Guedes and Nunes without his influence, although I’m sure he’s making another shed load out of it!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen some comments on Twitter suggesting we are starting to spend money as we have had some Qatari investment come in, anyone know anything about this?

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've seen some comments on Twitter suggesting we are starting to spend money as we have had some Qatari investment come in, anyone know anything about this?
Days of blowing the cash on top players might be happening if this is true.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun would have calculated in 2016 that most likely that after several years they’d probably have to inject more cash into Wolves.
A course correction if you will. Nothing to be surprised about.

And then next season, back to frugal mgt.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I can understand Silva going out on loan if we bring in someone like Batshuayi. Contemplating loaning out Coady given the current state of our squad is pure madness though even if it’s what he wants (which I doubt).

Those with their hands on the tiller seem to think there’s little chance the shift in formation won’t work and there’s no likelihood we’ll be in a relegation scrap without a manger later this year where we’ll need strong leadership from within the dressing room to turn things around and where we’ll need to revert to 3 at the back to grind out clean sheets and results. Loaning out Coady is literally tearing up your insurance policy with one hand while shooting yourself in the foot with the other and will make the Silva loan deal look like small beer in comparison if it goes ahead

It was such a poor decision to move Coady on by Lage and Shi. Entirely predictable how it’s playing out too. Don’t find myself agreeing with Redknapp but it was a monumental error or pure madness as I described it at the time. Lage basically shot himself in the foot there.

Meanwhile, Coady captains Everton to their second consecutive win picking up plaudits again for his performance in a BACK 4 while Lage reverts to a back 5 with Jonny and Neves (those stalwarts of our back 5 under Nuno…) as soon as one of his centre halves is out. Clearly doesn’t trust Toti or Mosquera so why move on Coady, Saiss and Boly all at the same time, particularly Coady.

Risible, just risible

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was such a poor decision to move Coady on by Lage and Shi. Entirely predictable how it’s playing out too. Don’t find myself agreeing with Redknapp but it was a monumental error or pure madness as I described it at the time. Lage basically shot himself in the foot there.

Meanwhile, Coady captains Everton to their second consecutive win picking up plaudits again for his performance in a BACK 4 while Lage reverts to a back 5 with Jonny and Neves (those stalwarts of our back 5 under Nuno…) as soon as one of his centre halves is out. Clearly doesn’t trust Toti or Mosquera so why move on Coady, Saiss and Boly all at the same time, particularly Coady.

Risible, just risible
Good points, but Coady, Saiss and Boly got slated on here week in week out. Now they aren't here, they should have never left.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage out, Jeff in for me, but get a manager who will steady the ship and take us to the next level. Preferably, a manager with experience and success behind him.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good points, but Coady, Saiss and Boly got slated on here week in week out. Now they aren't here, they should have never left.

Well the last bit was never my view so appreciate if you don’t conflate my view with others.

I haven’t got such a problem with Lage trying a back 4. I was far more sceptical, however, than most that it would work and we’d suddenly start scoring more. It took both Pep and Klopp well over half a year to get a back 4 playing a high line working properly and that was with a lot better players than we have.

What was madness, regardless, was actively moving on both Saiss (over 100 EPL games) and Coady (over 150) and leaving ourselves with CB back-up of Toti (3 games) and Mosquera (yet to make his debut). Saiss is the Moroccan captain and has played in a back 4 in most of his 50+ national team appearances while Coady is in the England squad and currently captaining Everton in a back 4. Yet we’re now starting Jonny and Neves in a back 5…

Moving Coady, Saiss and Boly on all at the same time has left us desperately short of experienced cover for a 4 and ripped up our insurance policy of reverting to a solid 5. It also ripped a lot of the character out of the dressing room too and widened the disconnect between players and fans imo. No way with Coady here only a handful of players acknowledge the away fans at the end.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder when Jeff will apologise to us for royally ****ing up the managerial appointment of Lage?
Why should he?
Surely you personally can assume that Jeff did his due diligence before he hired Bruno? He didn’t just pluck him out of a Lucky Bag or under a cabbage.

Take a look back at the hiring and firings of great coaches over the last ten years……..and then, go look at the ten years before that .

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why should he?
Surely you personally can assume that Jeff did his due diligence before he hired Bruno? He didn’t just pluck him out of a Lucky Bag or under a cabbage.

Take a look back at the hiring and firings of great coaches over the last ten years……..and then, go look at the ten years before that .
Shi has appointed Zenga, Lambert, Nuno and Lage during his tenure.

1 out of 4 have proved to be good appointments, the other 3 haven't. Not a good record. The club would benefit from a different man at the top too.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1 out of 4 have proved to be good appointments, the other 3 haven't. Not a good record. The club would benefit from a different man at the top too.
Fair points…..but then compare us to the top six over the last 10 years and their hiring and firings

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Context is important. Zenga was only appointed because the Lopetegui deal fell through. Lambert wasn’t terrible he steadied things down but it was clear (like Bruno) that he wasn’t the long term answer. In terms of terrible managers none have been as bad as Saunders ever was.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Out of interest… can we recall Coady from the loan? Or is there a no recall clause in place?

L78

Reaction score
Out of interest… can we recall Coady from the loan? Or is there a no recall clause in place?
Not been funny but coady at a bigger club playing regular football closer to his family no brainer why would he want to come back

Rangiora Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think even if we could I wouldnt blame Coady if he told em to go and stick it up their jacksies.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not been funny but coady at a bigger club playing regular football closer to his family no brainer why would he want to come back
Because he has a contract of employment with us…….

So legally, he has zero choice in the matter.

Also massive PR failure for southgates hype man who can’t even get a game when England play a five and a cb gets injured if he refused to come back….

Us letting him go for his training camp and pitch side seats was a ****ing joke!!! He isn’t now and wasn’t at the time of the move ever going to see the pitch, this move without a replacement should see heads role and also shows conor as a massive ****, as without Nuno and wolves he would have been a lower end championship journeyman.

So before revisionism comes in…. Would we have happily sold him before Nuno came and changed his life and not missed him? I would say probably so.

He owes us more than we owe him! As the platform Nuno and wolves gave him has also set him up to be a media darling which means his post football career will also be lucrative.

Stop the romance, he quit on us and would be playing three straight games. And also been an option for 5 at the back of things went wrong.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We can’t recall him in Jan. We’ve sold him in everything but name. It’s structured, optically, as a loan with option to buy (with a sizeable loan fee) to reduce the amount we need to pay Huddersfield as part of their sell-on clause. If certain conditions around appearances are met (which they will be) it becomes an obligation to buy.

The only way Coady returns to Wolves is at the end of the season if Everton get relegated or if Coady gets injured and Everton decide against exercising. They’ll exercise even if he gets injured and no way they’re going down this season having added Coady, Tarkowski, Gueye and Onana down the spine of the side.

Truly woeful decision by Lage and Shi to move him on. Lampard and Everton fans can’t believe their luck.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The latest injury update on Raul raises more questions than it answers, the club have been managing a groin issue with Raul for the last few years, which makes our lack of striker signing apart from a last minute panic signing of the injury prone Sasa who lasted 45 minutes, but to now reveal Raul that has had groin issues besides his head injury beggars belief that we have not come up with the signing of a half decent striker, Bruno is our Coach not our manager he has to Coach the players he is given by Shi and Sellars, they have to carry a lot of the blame for our present predicament, I do agree Bruno and his coaching team are doing a woeful job but this is not all down to him S&S have to take there share of the blame.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plenty here wanted coady gone and I was so so about it. The issue was letting so many go late on without replacements. We did need a rethink.

Apparently there wasn't a plan and we did end losing too much heart from the team by letting all these folks go.

Neves apart, we look like a zombie team totally lacking any character and togetherness. Just random players.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We can’t recall him in Jan. We’ve sold him in everything but name. It’s structured, optically, as a loan with option to buy (with a sizeable loan fee) to reduce the amount we need to pay Huddersfield as part of their sell-on clause. If certain conditions around appearances are met (which they will be) it becomes an obligation to buy.

The only way Coady returns to Wolves is at the end of the season if Everton get relegated or if Coady gets injured and Everton decide against exercising. They’ll exercise even if he gets injured and no way they’re going down this season having added Coady, Tarkowski, Gueye and Onana down the spine of the side.

Truly woeful decision by Lage and Shi to move him on. Lampard and Everton fans can’t believe their luck.

Thankyou for that mate.

Agreed, a totally awful decision.

If i was Guo id be looking to get rid of Shi and Lage.

Given the success Guo has had I cannot imagine he’s one to suffer fools gladly

Back
Top Bottom