Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest Stewards

D

Deleted member 3604

I'm getting a Pepe Le Poux overtone (with a background hint of Neil Diamond's ' Love on the rocks .. ) . My sweet cheri and all that.

U

Ulfhednar

Well it depends if he's a minor threatened with an extremely serious charge on their record, for splashing water about :)

S

Shifnal Wolf

On twitter it mentions the fan went to head butt the steward?

It's on twitter so probably bull ****

SouthBankHobbs

Reaction score
Wasn't at the match yesterday but I notice that the security is run by Showsec? I've had issues with these guys before at a festival and they are an absolute bunch of ********s! So not surprised to see that there is an issue with them.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting hold that steward has on him.

Neck locks/holds are extremely frowned upon these days when restraining folk. You have to show an extreme high level of justification for it.

However a 'still' picture can be very misleading.

I wonder what the circumstances were.
After the Man City/Bournemouth incident I read an article by an ex copper, might have been posted on here too, that basically implied that for that sort of action, the only justification is if your own life is in danger.

B

BigBadWolf

I Was right at the front behind the goal near enough when this happened, after the second went in and people weren't happy about the behaviour! In fact their were a couple of female stewards that were mouthing off all game, I noted how unprofessional they were and they told me they didn't give a ****!

I was told that the lot at the front had been drafted in from Mansfield Town specially for this game but not sure how true this is.

W

wolvesultra

As someone else has pointed out it looks like they used a private security firm. The term steward is often misleading. Let's get it right normal stewards employed directly by the club on a match day basis are usually fellow supporters just trying to see the game for free/earn a bit of extra cash and there's rarely any direct conflict.

Often the problems occur where clubs employ these security companies, that's where you get your club bouncer types many of whom are either spoiling for a fight or don't understand football at all.

D

Deleted member 3573J

He looks like the type who only get into stewarding so they can have the occasional scrap. He probably failed to get into the police, then got knocked out by a OAP when he was a bouncer at mecca bingo so decided to try stewarding so he can just get random people in a headlock while their back is turned celebrating a goal. I can tell all this from his eyes and his fat head, a absolute animal.

Reaction score
The security / stewards were walking this guy out when he started throwing punches at them. There was then a big melee with the guy put to the floor with half a dozen stewards on top of him. The police then took over cuffed him and took him away.

Whether he was provoked or hit first I don't know but he was definitely hitting out before the melee.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
The word going around on social media, is that the fan in the lock had tried to get on the pitch and was swinging punches at Stewards and even Police.

T

thewiseone

I was at the match but too far back to see this. I have also seen the twitter comments and looks like it is going to court so unless you saw what happened best not to aecond guess

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
On a slightly unrelated note:

Does anyone know how, given that I was searched and had my bag searched, someone managed to get that smoke bomb/flare into the ground!? They let it off a couple of rows behind me, it stunk!

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Does anyone know how, given that I was searched and had my bag searched, someone managed to get that smoke bomb/flare into the ground!? They let it off a couple of rows behind me, it stunk!

Forest fans asking the same question on their forum. How can Wolves sneak a flare in when their own fans bags are searched and mini cans of coke were confiscated.

S

Shifnal Wolf

They plugged it hence why it stunk.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a video on that twitter thread of the incident.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
After the Man City/Bournemouth incident I read an article by an ex copper, might have been posted on here too, that basically implied that for that sort of action, the only justification is if your own life is in danger.

'Twas me who posted that link and will report this to the FSF. I didn't see what started it but someone I spoke to afterwards did - he was just celebrating our 2nd goal right at the front. There were around 8 stewards on him. The steward right behind me - a black guy - was a real gent to every Wolves fan. He did meet & greet and explained where everyone's seat was, with a friendly arm around most. He also directed the other stewards to the drunken Wolves fan who was picking arguments with others around him after receiving complaints about him from Wolves fans. I'd sack the one who used the headlock and promote this guy to run the Forest stewarding.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've reported this to the FSF. I'm now going to send it to the club.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sent to Paul Richards at Wolves. We'll see what happens!

T

thewiseone

I was also searched but the 3 before me weren't. So that particular steward was doing random searches

The Professor

Reaction score
I had quite a good view of this from the lower tier of the Brian Clough Stand nearest our fans and spotted him being restrained. He must have been in that position for at least 15 seconds - looked very dangerous to me.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Came from just behind and to my left and was thrown down about 6 rows to where it landed. I'm not overly precious about such things but anyone with asthma there would have been in trouble I'd have thought, middle of a row and not easy to get away and absolutely filled the air. They are pretty small though, not surprised people manage to get them in, not that rare either, several at Liverpool I remember despite loads of warnings outside about not being allowed entrance if found with one.

T

turner845

The word going around on social media, is that the fan in the lock had tried to get on the pitch and was swinging punches at Stewards and even Police.
That is correct as I saw him charging down towards the bottom and when stewards tried to restrain him he started throwing and even landing some blows on everything in front of him. As much as I like to defend our fans his actions were indefensible and he deserved to be put in a headlock and arrested. To start windmilling in on everything that moves in front of you for no apparent reason isn't a cause for a headlock then we really do love in a nanny state. If witnesses are required then I certainly won't hesitate in coming forward as his behavior has no place not only in football but as society as a whole and just because we may have something in common in that we support the same team isn't a good enough reason for him not to face punishment.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Paul RIchards has advised me to raise this incident with Forest, which I've now done.

W

wolvesultra

I've since heard from a wolves fan near that the fan was being a dick throwing around headbutts etc. Photos don't tell a full story I'm sure it'll be covered by CCTV let's hope the relevent authorities get to the bottom of it properly.

Can't say the modern day social media witch hunt acting as judge and jury sits easy with me.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would someone be randomly throwing head butts and punches though. Doesn't add up to me.

Saw one of the spotters recording it all. I wonder what parts they crop out !

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It stunk - there's your answer.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately in the security industry you'e gonna get some who are just itching for a ruck so they can test their own mettle. When this happens there are a few who just can't control themselves.

I do sympathise with security. They are doing a difficult job with no powers of arrest and the quality of their training depends on the quality of their SIA licence provider. And often times they are expected to be the first responders rather than the police who numbers are less prevalent at games not considered to be potential problems.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not really an answer ww1963 is it?
It wouldn't stink before being let off. I'm not really against flares etc, not that I could ever be ***** to get banned for taking 1 in, but have to agree about the searching being a bit sporadic.

Not really an answer ww1963 is it?
It wouldn't stink before being let off. I'm not really against flares etc, not that I could ever be ***** to get banned for taking 1 in, but have to agree about the searching being a bit sporadic.

I think you're missing what he's implied, here...

T

turner845

Why would someone be randomly throwing head butts and punches though. Doesn't add up to me.

Saw one of the spotters recording it all. I wonder what parts they crop out !

I don't think they will need to crop anything out as when we scored our second goal the fan clearly tried to encroach over the barrier and on to the pitch, he was restrained from doing so which then led to him windmilling in and trying to headbutt everyone that moved. There is simply no defending this fans actions.

By your logic about people randomly throwing punches it could easily be questioned that you don't just randomly grab someone by the head/neck.

Back
Top Bottom