Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Football cancelled again?

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With rumours of a national lockdown and press conference from Boris today is there a chance football will be put on hold again? I really hope not :eek:

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The Athletic reporting the Premier League will continue even with a new national lockdown.

Not sure about Grass Roots sport though.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
When the Premier League restarted to finish off last season were we still in a national lockdown? I can't remember now, it's all a bit of a blur.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Athletic reporting the Premier League will continue even with a new national lockdown.

Not sure about Grass Roots sport though.
We're in tier 3 currently in Nottinghamshire and all kids football is continuing, as long as covid secure environment there's no reason it wouldn't really

Freeport wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Football is going to continue in France & Germany. I don't see any reason for it being stopped here.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
We're in tier 3 currently in Nottinghamshire and all kids football is continuing, as long as covid secure environment there's no reason it wouldn't really
Would be bonkers to sit the kids in a classroom all week and tell them they couldn't run round a field at the weekend. Keep the adults apart and no problem. Likewise with all the measures in place for the professional clubs can't imagine there will be a problem. Putting back any hope of seeing Wolves live until Easter at the earliest though.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
In answer to your question .......yes.
But the history books will show an asterisk. :) :) :)
No GD is a thing so we’d be 3rd but also all weekend games will be played before the lockdown could be 6th

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be bonkers to sit the kids in a classroom all week and tell them they couldn't run round a field at the weekend. Keep the adults apart and no problem. Likewise with all the measures in place for the professional clubs can't imagine there will be a problem. Putting back any hope of seeing Wolves live until Easter at the earliest though.

Easter 2024 maybe.

paulhick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t worry about things stopping. All that will change is you’ll go to work as normal,go shopping as normal all be it with the soviet style queues for bread and veg,you’ll go home as normal but won’t be allowed back out to the pub or restaurant.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t worry about things stopping. All that will change is you’ll go to work as normal,go shopping as normal all be it with the soviet style queues for bread and veg,you’ll go home as normal but won’t be allowed back out to the pub or restaurant.

Wont be getting your hair cut at the barbers either!

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tell you what if the lock us down again which they will at the 5pm news conference then they better while telling me to stay in tell sky and BT to stick the £14.95 charge right up their arses.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait till we go top, which will be in a few weeks, then stop the season and give us the title.

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But then it'll go to VAR and Liverpool will get awarded it

*are we allowed to make them jokes now we have been on the right side of var

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

There is zero chance of any football crowds till the start of next season at the absolute earliest, more like the season after that.
Let's face it football isn't seen as that important as compared to stage shows which are still taking place at the moment.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great, cos it worked so well last time
The lockdowns worked brilliantly here and all over the world. The all death counts prove it 100%.
Hence they will be used again to save very many lives, maybe even you or yours. We can't allow a situation where every hospital place is took.
Think there's an official policy now and it's done on ppg. Don't want to say who that is, but none of the three you mentioned! :eek:
Carry on Carry on, as much as I love the drama of a lockdown, saving lives n all that, somethings are just more important.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With rumours of a national lockdown and press conference from Boris today is there a chance football will be put on hold again? I really hope not :eek:
I think Boris will just try to tie down the mixing so football should be ok. I can see this lockdown going on past Xmas, possibly until a vaccine in the New Year hopefully?

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I tell you what if the lock us down again which they will at the 5pm news conference then they better while telling me to stay in tell sky and BT to stick the £14.95 charge right up their arses.

They can't even get that right it was 4pm, Cummings is giving them last minute orders.

And they can stick the £15 where the sun does shine, down their throats and let em choke.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No it will be 4 weeks max they need to get Xmas takings for any chance of a recovery,virus or not
I hope you're right. I just think the numbers will keep yo yoing up and down every time we go into and out of lockdown. There really is no end to this until a vaccine is available.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Football related only here please. General covid discussion in the other forum. As has been said and said and said and said...

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless UEFA step in, the PL and elite football will be able to continue - knowing of the extremely stringent measures that every club has to have in place.

2020/21 will carry on, unless otherwise stated and that; I am sure for all, will come as a huge relief: knowing of the power that sport has on most of the population's lives!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope you're right. I just think the numbers will keep yo yoing up and down every time we go into and out of lockdown. There really is no end to this until a vaccine is available.
Sorry Mutchy, should have said 'No end to this until a vaccine is found, then I can go to Molineux again to watch football'!!!!!!!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Newcastle supporters are still waiting for "football" to get started again for several years now.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
This is not the place for discussing the country's problems, this is a football forum?
The country’s problems are well worth discussing, and there’s another forum section where you can do just that. But yes, this is kept as the section for football only.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Confirmed: Elite Sport will continue through this 4 week period.

End of thread - for now!

Back
Top Bottom