Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fixtures! The run in!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So I take it we Wolves need to win 5/9 games to seal promotion?

Looking at the other two teams it’s obvious we have harder matches still having to play some big teams. Cardiff id say is the easiest, followed by us or villa. Villa have some nice comfy games they shoulda coulda woulda be looking to win round the corner however if they don’t we are still 3/4 games ahead of them. Meaning they have to win 10 games and we have to lose quite a few?

Fingers crossed we can win Saturday and get things back rocking!!

Villa—-

QPR H
Sunderland A
Wolves H
Bolton A
Hull A
Reading H
Norwich A
Cardiff H
Leeds H
Ipswich A
Derby H
Millwall A

Cardiff—-

Brentford A
Barnsley H
Birmingham H
Derby A
Burton H
Sheff Utd A
Wolves H
Villa A
Norwich A
Forest H
Hull A
Reading H

Wolves—-

Reading H
Leeds A
Villa A
Burton H
Boro A
Hull H
Cardiff A
Derby H
Bham H
Bolton A
Sheff Wed H
Sunderland A

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Villa’s last 3 are nasty. I think Fulham are the danger. Hopefully Derby get at least a draw on Saturday against them.

D

Deleted member 4257

I wanted to wait for Blues at home to seal it anyway ;)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every game is tough at this stage of the season. Teams near the bottom of the table will be fighting for their lives, so there will be no easy games.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the other two teams it’s obvious we have harder matches still having to play some big teams. Cardiff id say is the easiest, followed by us or villa.

Not true statistically...

PPG v target

Our tough away games are heavily counterbalanced by the fact we have a seriously “easy” set of fixtures at home.

Win them we are promoted. It’s that simple.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa’s last 3 are nasty. I think Fulham are the danger. Hopefully Derby get at least a draw on Saturday against them.

Can’t see Fulham catching us. They would need to win five more games than us out of the last twelve. We would really have to tank.

W

WanderingWolf

If we win against,

Reading
Burton
Hull
Blues
Bolton
Sunderland

That's 18 points putting us on 91 points, I'm sure we will pick up other points aswell.

I'm sure we will pick up points against either derby,cardiff or Villa aswell thus halting there progress. We got this

Highwayman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Villa have Cardiff, Leeds and Derby at home in last 5 plus last day away at Millwall. That’s pretty tough.

Cardiff have to go to Derby, Villa and Sheff Utd and play us.

It’s all to play for and we are 6 and 10 points ahead respectively.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stop panicking everything is going to be alright, we will win at least 7 of the remaining games .

Last edited:

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham on a late charge, what’s their run in out of Interest?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Derby A
Sheff Utd H
Preston A
QPR H
Norwich A
Leeds H
Sheff Wed A
Reading H
Brentford H
Millwall A
Sunderland H
Birmingham A

Very worrying if Cardiff slip up

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We had no team to fear in this league not so long back so the run in was neither here nor there.
The problem we’ve got now is uncertainty has appeared out of nowhere, so instead of looking forward to Villa away for example, i’m a little twitchy about it and i’m sure i’m not alone in that. We need to get our confidence back sharpish.
We need to beat Reading on Sat and get Neves back then we will be ok, lose or draw and the nerves will be jangling, it’s a big un for us at the weekend.

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fulham are 14 points behind us and despite their form and our current blip, they've only reduced our lead by 3 points in the last 5 games. It would take a serious melt down for them to catch us over 12 games.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham cant catch us unless we literally implode. The only tems that can realistically are cardiff and villa and of the two cardiff may just do it. The bookies arent daft and the odds show cardiff have a proper chance still.

S

SavageWolf

So I take it we Wolves need to win 5/9 games to seal promotion?

Looking at the other two teams it’s obvious we have harder matches still having to play some big teams. Cardiff id say is the easiest, followed by us or villa. Villa have some nice comfy games they shoulda coulda woulda be looking to win round the corner however if they don’t we are still 3/4 games ahead of them. Meaning they have to win 10 games and we have to lose quite a few?

Fingers crossed we can win Saturday and get things back rocking!!

Villa—-

QPR H
Sunderland A
Wolves H
Bolton A
Hull A
Reading H
Norwich A
Cardiff H
Leeds H
Ipswich A
Derby H
Millwall A

Cardiff—-

Brentford A
Barnsley H
Birmingham H
Derby A
Burton H
Sheff Utd A
Wolves H
Villa A
Norwich A
Forest H
Hull A
Reading H

Wolves—-

Reading H
Leeds A
Villa A
Burton H
Boro A
Hull H
Cardiff A
Derby H
Bham H
Bolton A
Sheff Wed H
Sunderland A
Fulham have been great at home but I can see their bubble bursting away at Derby and Cardiff at Brentford, Villa will get a draw if they're lucky against QPR and we beat Reading, panic over back to 9pts clear of 2nd and 12pts clear of 3rd

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Wolves—-

Reading H W
Leeds A D
Villa A L
Burton H W
Boro A L
Hull H W
Cardiff A L
Derby H D
Bham H W
Bolton A D
Sheff Wed H W
Sunderland A D

I would say I am being generous on the opp here(on form we would win most) which takes us to 92...will be more than enough..as I say I am being over cautious and still gets us over the line...easily..coyw

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves—-

Reading H W
Leeds A D
Villa A L
Burton H W
Boro A L
Hull H W
Cardiff A L
Derby H D
Bham H W
Bolton A D
Sheff Wed H W
Sunderland A D

I would say I am being generous on the opp here(on form we would win most) which takes us to 92...will be more than enough..as I say I am being over cautious and still gets us over the line...easily..coyw
I got the same results except I had us losing to derby. It will be hard to stay super positive come 7.30 10th march but, as you show, we should do. We can still do it with 4 points from the next three. Actually the biggest game of the next three is reading at home. Its a must win. If we could sneak a draw at villa we are in a very strong place with just 9 to play

Wolf in the sun

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I got the same results except I had us losing to derby. It will be hard to stay super positive come 7.30 10th march but, as you show, we should do. We can still do it with 4 points from the next three. Actually the biggest game of the next three is reading at home. Its a must win. If we could sneak a draw at villa we are in a very strong place with just 9 to play

yeah sat is massive...the rest should take care of itself :)

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we will go up and win this division by about 6 to 10 pts. We are having a blip for sure but only because we have set such a scintillating pace. If we had lost a couple more around Oct - Nov we would still be in this position but we wouldn't be having the panic we are as we wouldn't have been as clear as we were. I think unnecessary panic is setting in. Trust Nuno he always says tge league table means nothing when we were 12 pts clear so i am sure it means nothibg to him now we are only 6. Trust this group of players. We have the best squad in this division, while I accept a couple of teams may be in better current form in Fulham, Cardiff and Villa cream will always rise to the the top. Relax We will be on MOTD opening credits on 11th August.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every win by us from now on deals a deadly blow to those below us. There has been a stutter and that needs to be dealt with decisively v Reading on Saturday. If it isn't and we draw or god forbid lose then it will be time to get worried as Cardiff, Villa and Fulham are on fire right now results- wise. The Villa game will be a crunch match but we need two wins in the lead up to it so that not too much is riding on it. I am hoping Afobe can make a difference because after seeing Bonatini on Saturday I can see no hope with him as a 'striker' in his current hopeless form and lack of effort/confidence.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take each game as it comes, Reading are not a bad side and just got a good draw against Derby, we can not take any game lightly, let's not forget we couldn't beat Sunderland at home, so it's no foregone conclusion, we just have to turn up and they'll roll over, every team should be respected, not feared but respected. 100% effort, concentration and commitment is required, as long as the staff and players provide that, I'll be happy, wherever we end up.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Take each game as it comes, Reading are not a bad side and just got a good draw against Derby, we can not take any game lightly, let's not forget we couldn't beat Sunderland at home, so it's no foregone conclusion, we just have to turn up and they'll roll over, every team should be respected, not feared but respected. 100% effort, concentration and commitment is required, as long as the staff and players provide that, I'll be happy, wherever we end up.

Take your point v Sunderland. But teams cannot afford to sit back like they did at the moment. Every team is either scrapping to gain something or avoid something. Games will be open then they would have been earlier in the season. Reading not a bad side your right they proved that at their place where they gave us a hell of a game. Still think Nuno will have a plan for them on Saturday and we will be back to winning ways.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures, trying to be realistic and a bit conservative, I think we will get promoted in 2nd place, about 2 to 3 points of 3rd place. That’ll do me.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the fixtures, trying to be realistic and a bit conservative, I think we will get promoted in 2nd place, about 2 to 3 points of 3rd place. That’ll do me.

Imagine the press remarks if that happens, not including the meltdown on here.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd better get my umbrella out then, coz there will be some serious amounts of liquid about!

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In still trying to see if there is someway that both Blues and Notlob could be relegated, would mean Sunderland needing to go on a run.

Who would sacrifice 3 points on the final day to see Blues and Notlob go down?

D

Deleted member 4382

In still trying to see if there is someway that both Blues and Notlob could be relegated, would mean Sunderland needing to go on a run.

Who would sacrifice 3 points on the final day to see Blues and Notlob go down?
I’d sacrifice 3 points on the last day to see Blues OR Notlob go down.

C

Chardee MacDennis

Sunderland would need to win 3 out of 4, and they play the (current) top 2.

They're gone.

Back
Top Bottom