Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

First team training

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couple of problems with this. I’ve watched that and as far as I can tell our player can finish ok when playing against static metal mannequins and poles for goalies. They do ok when they just have a goalie to beat but as long as the build up is quite slow. But put defenders on the pitch and the goals immediately dry up even against our defenders.
I’ve watched about 4 of these training videos now when they are passing balls across the box for attacker to finish , never have i once seen traore loft the ball into the far post or hit the training centre building when he’s tried to whip one in !! Why is this ?

WinchWolf

Reaction score
I’ve watched about 4 of these training videos now when they are passing balls across the box for attacker to finish , never have i once seen traore loft the ball into the far post or hit the training centre building when he’s tried to whip one in !! Why is this ?
I agree, I noticed all his crosses / passes in training are on the ground, but I guess he's not going at the same speed as he does during a game. He perhaps needs to re-listen to the advice he received from Darren Campbell at Boro - Slow Down!

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree, I noticed all his crosses / passes in training are on the ground, but I guess he's not going at the same speed as he does during a game. He perhaps needs to re-listen to the advice he received from Darren Campbell at Boro - Slow Down!
There were umpteen times on Saturday we crossed low, they were cut out by Burnley who had clearly done their homework

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we are practicing and what is happening in games is two different things. That practice is based on breaking through lines on a counter or against a high press team, neat triangles then out wide and then slide across for oncoming forward to put the ball past 4 poles in goal. Against Brentford, Watford, Spurs and Leicester (2nd half) that scenario didn’t occur. Firstly they had the temerity to put a goalie in goal rather than poles but seriously they sat deep, crowded the box and didn’t let players in behind.

What we should be practicing is how to score goals and find space in a crowded penalty box. Putting mannequins in a position that defenders usually take up would create a little more realism - even put 15 in there to create more accuracy as other than our defenders most defenders are more mobile than mannequins. If you practice what you are going to face in a game then you will perform better in the game, it’s obvious but by the looks of it not what we do.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read the Podence and Neves comments before watching the video and thought nothing of it. Got the the end of the video and it all clicked :tearsofjoy:

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was a Civil Servant in the Ministry of Defence so I am from the " the dictionary is full of words so let's us them ! " :D:D:D
Hmmm, having seen some MoD tender documents recently, I can see the problem. However, what happened to “brevity, clarity and accuracy”?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hmmm, having seen some MoD tender documents recently, I can see the problem. However, what happened to “brevity, clarity and accuracy”?

As I mentioned I was in the MOD so I have no idea what " brevity, clarity and accuracy " mean :D:D:D

WinchWolf

Reaction score
What we are practicing and what is happening in games is two different things. That practice is based on breaking through lines on a counter or against a high press team, neat triangles then out wide and then slide across for oncoming forward to put the ball past 4 poles in goal. Against Brentford, Watford, Spurs and Leicester (2nd half) that scenario didn’t occur. Firstly they had the temerity to put a goalie in goal rather than poles but seriously they sat deep, crowded the box and didn’t let players in behind.

What we should be practicing is how to score goals and find space in a crowded penalty box. Putting mannequins in a position that defenders usually take up would create a little more realism - even put 15 in there to create more accuracy as other than our defenders most defenders are more mobile than mannequins. If you practice what you are going to face in a game then you will perform better in the game, it’s obvious but by the looks of it not what we do.
I agree and what I mentioned in a previous post was that the alarming thing in the training video was when they practiced with defenders and a goalkeeper they appeared to score precisely zero goals, much like our games.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One thing I notice is we hardly ever play defence splitting balls through the middle and this is similar in training.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what I've bin saying for ages,we dow play through the middle,it's always to the flanks and the crosses are hit and hope.And hope Burnley defenders ay there.lol.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's what I've bin saying for ages,we dow play through the middle,it's always to the flanks and the crosses are hit and hope.

Exactly. The lack of variation is a big problem. We hardly ever play through the middle.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They ediitted those 5,000 times out and just showed the 3 good ones. It's amazing what they can do with video editting these days. :)

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True and they also decided not to show the 0-0 draw against the traffic cones.....

Think its about time they took Doris the tea lady off First Team training duties.

Back
Top Bottom