Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Finishing position

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the present premier standing to see where our points have come from and realised the 10 teams above we have taken 3pts, the 9 teams below has realised 12pts. so potentially 11th could be a realistic finishing position based on results unless we can get a consistent goalscorer to convert more of our chances.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll finish 8th. We haven't played any of the bottom 4 yet and unlike Bournemouth and Watford I think we have room for improvement

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought at beginning of season between 9th and 12th and nothing i have seen to change my mind, next season hoping top 8.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top of the bottom quarter if that makes sense. Unlile some of the monumentally ungrateful last night, when we were losing to one of the best teams in the country, I think staying up will be a good result in itself. 5 year plan to build on. Don't forget how far we've come.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know where we'll finish it all depends on the January window get it wrong and we'll struggle.I thought originally we'd finish top half I think I was over-optimistic on that one.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
9th-14th is realistic. We’re still a way off the top 6 and there are 3 or 4 others with more depth than us (Leicester Everton etc). But there’s a good 5 or 6 teams we’re much better than.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
9-13th

Top 6
Leicester
Everton

Will finish above us

West Ham, bournmouth and watford are equal to us
I feel similar. If we can tweak things in January, then we could finish anywhere from 10th to 14th I feel. If an injury or 2 occurs to key players, then 13th to 15th would be realistic. Don’t think we will be drawn into a relegation scrap- the spine of the team (Patricio, Boly and Neves) are enough to keep us safe.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think 9th to 12th place finish will be a fabulous achievement on our 1st season back. We're well on course for that.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're not going to be relegated and we're not going to trouble the top 6 so for me, just like last night, I'm relaxed and going to enjoy every minute of this season, win, lose or draw and with or without a Plan B!!!!!! This is a season to cherish and thrill to see some of the world's best players gracing Molineux, and watching Wolves compete with the very best. Unless you're about 10 years old most on here will have dreamed for years and in my case decades to see a rocking Molineux with Wolves squaring up to the likes of Tottenham and City. 7th -14th will be fantastic, let's all enjoy the season!

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be happy with anywhere from 9-14. Anything better will be un-****ing-believable. Below 14th would be disappointing, given how we are playing at the mo and the results we have had against the 2 manc clubs. But aint counting any chickens yet.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Seems like 9-14th is a popular concession!

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
12th I think.

We'll see how we get on against the likes of Huddersfield, Cardiff and Newcastle.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
8th at best, 10th at worst is my feeling - but hoping for a great January Transfer Window & a finish higher :):):)

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
It will hinge on scoring goals.We haven’t got the consistent firepower at the moment.Address that in January and we can finish in the top 10.If we don’t ,thinking we still have enough firepower we will probably finish 11-15.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still looking at 8th based on the fact that we are still improving and will probably have a couple more in Jan if available.

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm still looking at 8th based on the fact that we are still improving and will probably have a couple more in Jan if available.
A number of people on here would bin most of the team.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd expect the top 6, Everton, Leicester, Watford, Bournemouth and West Ham to finish above us.

While I'd expect us to finish above Huddersfield, Fulham, Cardiff, Newcastle and Burnley.

So 12th to 15th with the current squad seems realistic.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're not going to be relegated and we're not going to trouble the top 6 so for me, just like last night, I'm relaxed and going to enjoy every minute of this season, win, lose or draw and with or without a Plan B!!!!!! This is a season to cherish and thrill to see some of the world's best players gracing Molineux, and watching Wolves compete with the very best. Unless you're about 10 years old most on here will have dreamed for years and in my case decades to see a rocking Molineux with Wolves squaring up to the likes of Tottenham and City. 7th -14th will be fantastic, let's all enjoy the season!
I agree mate, it's wonderful watching some of the worlds best players at our ground instead of on tv and we're looking to give them a game when we play them, look how far we've come in a short space of time, we gave Spurs a bit to think about last night and they're a bloody good side even with one or two players out. I love it.
I think the goals will start to come and we'll finish 8th.

D

Deleted member 3751

Felt we'd target 7th and come up just short, still feel we'll target 7th and come up just short.

Then we'll have a very interesting Summer

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Top half would be great with 'Europe' a fantasy....nothing has changed. :)...

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top ten possible, which would be a great achievement.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7th or 8th, we’re a very good team who create good quality chances and rarely give them away.

Last edited:

iantendo

Reaction score
Top of the bottom quarter if that makes sense. Unlile some of the monumentally ungrateful last night, when we were losing to one of the best teams in the country, I think staying up will be a good result in itself. 5 year plan to build on. Don't forget how far we've come.

This is what people are forgetting about Spurs - they are the result of four years of Pochettino being given the time and money to build his team the way he wants to based on his own footballing philosophy. We are already giving these tops teams a good run for their money so just imagine where we could be in four years with Nuno

Boon2

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Seems like 9-14th is a popular concession!
Fortunately apart from myself and one other person no-one on this forum understands bugger all.
Being a born pessimist I'm revising my prediction from 4th to 4th/5th
By the way the popular concensus is almost always wrong about anything, but as a concession I will avoid pointing that out.

Back
Top Bottom