Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Feeling Quite Positive

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
Personally I'm starting to feel quite excited about Saturday. Really liked everything WZ had to say yesterday, we've potentially got a decent starting 11 even if we sign nobody between now and then.

Is Mason going to be fit as that's the only question mark for me in terms of Saturday, the striker. Even if we can field Mason or Bright up front I think we'll put up a good showing.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. I'v got a gut feeling that it is either going to be brilliant or a complete disaster.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The whole club issue is exciting and something we really wanted to change from the old regime. The question mark is in the managerial set up given the lack of knowledge in the English game, that point is what can quite easily go either way.

MolineuxMixer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're International & Universal now...enjoy the ride!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've used the P word on here !!!! Did you get permission from the Mods??? :eek:

D

Deleted at own request (WeAreTheWolves)

Me too, can't make Rotherham, will be at Reading, hoping for a good atmosphere for the first home game.

Then Blues away, should be lively, hope we take a big following and with a few more players in that could kickstart the season IMO.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FOSUN have been in charge for a week and a half and we've already signed 4 players.

That's something to be positive about.

NottsWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm trying to be positive but can't help thinking back to the Solbakken era, that said we have got bodies in and they don't look like stopping. A couple of experienced championship players and it will clam the nerves.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
I feel very good about everything.

I've seen a lot of doomsday scenarios thrown about on the Mix, but we haven't even played a real game yet under FOSUN.

And the signings keep coming in. Maybe they aren't earth shattering, but you can't tell me that they aren't strengthening the squad.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm trying to be positive but can't help thinking back to the Solbakken era, that said we have got bodies in and they don't look like stopping. A couple of experienced championship players and it will clam the nerves.

The senior players messed things up for Solbakken there was too much player power. Firstly we don't really have many senior players, secondly I think Zenga won't stand for any $$$$.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am quite happy.in fact I'm bloody ecstatic,I didn't want us to be like chelski,man city,buying 30mil players for the sake of it anyway.I wanted us to be able to get the striker,winger.midfielder.full back..etc.we all knew we wanted.We are on the way to achieving that now.So yes I am like a dog with 2 tails.They might not be what we wanted,but you will not hear me moan.We need to all get behind them as see where it takes us.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As someone else said, it's early days - and it'll go one of two ways - things are either going to be bloody fantastic - or a disaster.

What we need to do is get behind the team and support them though rather than dismissing things before a ball has already been kicked.

One thing I am confident about is that these guys don't seem to mess about - so if there's any indication that things aren't working out, changes will be made - rapidly. They won't just sit back and let it happen like Morgan and Moxey did.

E

Edgmond Wolf

I am so looking forward to going to Rotherham!!

Moxey gone

Five new signings (including the goalie)

Just get behind the lads

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Quite positive" sums it up. Not ecstatic but hopeful. Next three signings and their quality, will tell us where we are heading this season.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exciting times, the team looks infinitely stronger than it did on Saturday.

The players we are picking up from the continent are worlds apart from the players we were looking at prior to the takeover. The three Portuguese lads look to be excellent players technically and the fact that they're all here together should help settle them into the club without too many issues.

Bodvarsson was a surprise, judging by his size and his style of play he's the kind of guy we need as an option up front. His goal scoring record isn't exactly Bully-esque but then if he can link the play and make the ball stick up top the likes of Teixeira should be able to gets amongst the goals.

There's work to be done still, I'd still like to see some more depth added and some more options throughout but the squad is looking a bit more promising.

Zenga's press conference (once he sidestepped the bull$$$$) and the clips of him on the training ground also made me feel a little more confident about his appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:

fev123

Groupie
Reaction score
The senior players messed things up for Solbakken there was too much player power.

Personally I really liked Solbakken and thought given the right backing he would have come good. That whole situation demonstrates what happens at a football club when the players know a manager will go before they will, owners need to make it clear that he's the boss and if you dont fall in line you're out.

That's what I like about WZ appointment, clearly nobody's "yes man" and doesnt seem the type of guy that would take any $$$$ off the players or the owners.

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know what to think. I'v got a gut feeling that it is either going to be brilliant or a complete disaster.

pretty much sums up the dynamics of any football forum

fans are either delirious and over the moon

or everything is a total disaster

being on a footy forum like hanging out with two hundred bi-polar, menopausal ladies :D

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

I am excited its great to have ambitious owners that have a plan and a a strategy. Yes we have a manager that does not have championship experience and signing players that may be a gamble but I will take that over the bore fest that last season was any day. 3 more sleeps!! Bring it on

Back
Top Bottom