Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Favourite wing pairing

Who is your favourite wing pairing when everyone is fit?

• Jarvis and Hunt

Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Jarvis and Hammill

Votes: 31 49.2%
  • Jarvis and Kightly

Votes: 25 39.7%
  • Hammill and Hunt

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Hammill and kightly

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Kightly and Hunt

Votes: 2 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who would be your favourite wing pairing when everyone is fit?

Jarvis and Hunt
Jarvis and Kightly
Jarvis and Hamill
Hammill and Hunt
Hammill and kightly
Hunt and kightly

W

Wolfy1994

Jarvo and Kites with Hammill off the bench for last 25 minutes

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about hunt? Should we play him in edwards role as he is a livewire?

W

Wolfy1994

Hunt's quality, but unfortunately we can't pick everyone :/

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis and Kightly IF Kightly can get back to the form He was in. Otherwise it would be Hammill and Jarvis.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What about hunt? Should we play him in edwards role as he is a livewire?

I still think Kightly could play that role aswel but its also a good shout regarding Hunt.

I dont no what everyone expects from Hunt but his stats speak for themselves. He can look poor for long spells but he sets up and scores his fair share over his career.

When all fit we will have 4 wingers who will all offer a great deal to the squad. Even if we go down we would only lose Jarvis.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting that some people are thinking of kightly and hammill. I guess some people think that jarvis's crossing is hit and miss.
To be honest i am disappointed with hunt as he lacks pace and hasn't played to the standard he played at with hull. If he could get back to that standard we would warm to him more.

D

Deleted member 3751

At the minute I'd go Jarvis and Hammill but really hoping Kightly can get to his top form so we can see what he's really made of.

R

robwolf

Kites hasnt played enough to really be considered yet, so Hammill and Jarvis for me

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we went down we wouldn't have to sell jarvis. We could get 10 million for doyle and then go with what we have got.

S

singwolf_1

We need to have another left winger in the team as back up for Jarvo.

S

Sedgley Wolf

Hammill's proven he can pose a threat in the Prem so he just edges it ahead of Kites for now.

What a sub to come on for the last 20 minutes though. Hunt's a great back-up for Jarvis as well, or perhaps he can do a terrier-type role in midfield should O'Hara be unavailable?

Gold Umbro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we have a 'quite happy with any pairing' option?

We've come a long way baby.

Reaction score
We need to have another left winger in the team as back up for Jarvo.

That's Hunt now. At first he was S.Hunt-ed out onto the right wing but now we've got Hammill & hopefully Jarvis he can play on the left where he's more comfortable again. Which will be good because he looked a bit lost at times out on the right.

F

FetishWolf

Jarvis and Hunt, Hammil as an impact sub (he fades in the second half when he starts) directly for Hunt or move Hunt inside and replace for Milijas etc if we need to shut up shop a little in midfield late on etc

T

Toon Wolf

I'd go with Jarvis and Hammill. I believe that in a season or two's time Hammill will be the best winger we have at the club and will be an England regular.

M

MonkeySpanner

IF Kights can get and stay fit I think he and Jarvis would be my choice. Hammel looks excellent mind but the other two would be my starting pair.

As far as Hunt goes I love his box to box attitude and can see him playing in midfield in a 4-3-3 with Edwards on the other side and either O'Hara or Henry or even Miljas for that matter in the middle.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like to see Hunt convert to a wing-back. Ashley cole-esque!

worc.wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
if kites can come back the same as he was before his injury id have him and jarvis hands down.
ive been impressed with hammil and agreed, he could be better than both. but at the cirrent time, given fitness and best form. kites and jarvis for me...

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Hunt could play centre midfield as well. He's a busy type of player that works hard, tackles and can pass. I'm sure he could slot in there when needed.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t underestimate what Hunt brings to the plate. It is unfortunate that he picked up his calf injury when he did because that was the closest he has got to rediscovering the form he showed when we was willing to pay £5m for him. I think now we won’t see the best of him until next season, when we signed him I remember thinking it was a similar situation as to when the Villa brought Downing, he came back Oct/Nov time but didn’t show anything near his best till the following season with a full pre-season down him. If Hunt can get fit and have a full pre-season down him i am certain he will be a big player for us next year.

However, I think earlier on in the season, an unfit and lacking match sharpness Hunt was the worst thing that could have happened to Jarvis as he had to switch to the right to make way for him, and he is so easy for the full back to work out when playing on the right hand side. The way I see it is at the moment Hunt should be backup to Jarvis, and Kightly be backup to Hammill, rotate and have them compete in that order and that order only.

Back
Top Bottom