Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva Beneficial for a Loan as MGW successful Loan spell

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So, according to some on here he isn't good enough for us but is for Real..... right.....
If, (and its a BIG if), Real Madrid are monitoring him then loaning him to another La Liga team would make sense. He gets to develop and RM get to see what he could do in that league.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In 15 mins today he had a header at goal and nearly assisted a tap in for Jimmy. Needs to play week in week out and we’ll see a top player IMO.
Yes I was down that end and they just nicked the ball off Raul's foot for a tab in and assist for Fabio . The header was missed timed and went well over the crossbar second half. Yet Fabio did well when he came on and showed enthusiasm as did Chiquinho looking hungry and dangerous to become a regular 1st team starter for next season.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted no, because I think the lad is crap and needs to be shipped out at a massive loss. Although someone on the thread did say send him back to Portugal on loan, which sounds like a wise exit strategy.

Him, Jimenez and Hwang need to be elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:

zedkiel60

Groupie
Reaction score
I voted no , i think in a side that plays at a faster tempo and more attacking style he will thrive. At present all of our forwards are to isolated and trying to feed off scraps. The skill is obviously there just needs a bit of luck to get going.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Molineux news say Real Madrid are monitoring Silva, but it also says he's on 80 thousand a week, can't believe that.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't have much to add other than this thread title breaks my brain every single time I have to read it o_O

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should 100% go out on loan but trouble is the club just do not want to admit defeat with Fabio Silva. Absolutely no fault of his own, but his signing was a pivotal moment in Fosun/Nuno reign. If they loan him out and the loan does not go well, they will lose even more credibility over his signing.

Willenhall wanderer

Reaction score
I agree with everyone who say that Silva needs a year on loan either Championship or back to Portugal.He would then hopefully play every week and score goals

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
in typical wolves style we will loan him out, and like a mir, he will go and score 10 goals plus in a la liga season.

Sometimes we really dont benefit our players through style, and this comes through the reluctance to change the moutinho, neves midfield.

oldgolded

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Real Madrid wanted to sign him, how much could we expect to receive?

Mel Eves on a bike

Reaction score
My worry about a loan to a championship side would be him being a target for getting clattered being a £35m signing. Otherwise getting regular competitive football would really benifit him in the right team.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My worry about a loan to a championship side would be him being a target for getting clattered being a £35m signing. Otherwise getting regular competitive football would really benifit him in the right team.
While l am not convinced that we should load him out, somewhere like Forest if they don't come up might be an option. Decent footballing side, good manager. Have used other loan players well.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His first touch yesterday showed how special he will be, as well as his control of the ball, vision and quick execution. Everyone is praising Chiquinho, fair enough, he adds pace and looks to attack, he's a great buy. But Fabio's passing, although of a different type to a cross, is more accurate; he shows a lot more maturity in his play; he is better technically too. I know there's a massive price difference! However, Fabio, I am 100% sure, will be the player we put that amount of money towards. When Neto is fully fit, Neto, Fabio, Podence will be a helluva strike force, and one that can take us to top 6.......with the right manager. It would be a really bad decision to send him elsewhere at this stage.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the right kind of championship side with the right manager would work IMO, Sheff Utd or Forest of which who dont get promoted would suit me fine. but saying that ive been really impressed with him this season in fleeting appearances. he should have had more games with the U23s for me. a good pre season and the right signings around him and the sky is the limit for him

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
in typical wolves style we will loan him out, and like a mir, he will go and score 10 goals plus in a la liga season.

Sometimes we really dont benefit our players through style, and this comes through the reluctance to change the moutinho, neves midfield.

Rafa Mir didn't do that immediately, though. Didn't he have at least 2 seasons at La Liga 2 level? One for Las Palmas and one for Huesca? During that time he clearly developed and improved. Then came his La Liga season for Huesca. Again, more development through playing every week. I think this is what would be good for Fabio.

Could argue that 10 goals a season is decent for a young, £15M striker (approx. what we sold Mir for) , but still a bit disappointing for a £35M striker.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes I was down that end and they just nicked the ball off Raul's foot for a tab in and assist for Fabio . The header was missed timed and went well over the crossbar second half. Yet Fabio did well when he came on and showed enthusiasm as did Chiquinho looking hungry and dangerous to become a regular 1st team starter for next season.
He mis timed the header because the defender in front got a small amount on it which deflected it off his forehead onto the top of his head. He looked better than Jimenez yesterday and has done for a few weeks.

As others have said going out on loan, if he doesn’t score it just piles up more pressure. I think he’ll come good, the improvement compared to last year is night and day, quicker and stronger. For those discounting him, these are Alan Shearer’s stats for his second year in professional football. 10 appearances, 0
goals, the following season 23 appearances 3 goals.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's developing into a lovely footballer no doubt and I'd persevere with him in and around the first team but more of a deeper forward player, he isn't the poacher we need at the very top of the formation

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah his passing is really something now, played one against Newcastle that might have been pass of the season. Then Hwang just walked instead of running to back post for a tap in iirc.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been one of our best players during the team's bad run of form. Never hides, always looks forward. He just needs a goal and the rest will all come together.

I think he needs a loan to get minutes at a subtitle level where he can find end product like MGW.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a loan move would suit him well, but seeing how he's already developed this season, there's a real chance, next season might be his breakthrough season.
In other news, I've to compliment his engagement with the fans. As well as always having photos taken with fans, I've been quite impressed with how willing he's been to engage with fans on social media. PL players only rarely responds to posts on Instagram, etc, but he very often responds, either with a "like" or a comment
Nothing to do with the football, but just part of what makes him a very likeable young man, that we all want succes for.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He needs game time, sitting on the bench at this stage of his development is no good for Fabio and no good for Wolves.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
still only 19 could be the next haaland (without the pace)

needs to come through like darwin nunez has

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should have been loaned last season. In my mind, it's the price tag and refusal to 'lose face' that stopped it.

As @Tring Wolf says, I think he'll be a very good player, even though our purchase of him was bonkers.

I hope he gets a good season in the championship next year. No point in him staying and not playing. Benefits no-one.

Then again, it's a MASSIVE gamble to keep him and play him. Needs to do a MGW

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the massive transfer fee works both for and against the kid. Against in the obvious way that it's led to unrealistic expectations of a player who'd barely played big boy football; it's also a stick to beat him with for some. In his favour in the sense that I think it leads to a kind if attentional bias for some: because his monetary value was so high there must therefore be a highly valuable player there, with his every average sensible run or decent touch being applauded and seen as confirmation that we do indeed have a player on our hands. I've come round a bit recently, he's definitely got something (despite the fee paid being idiotic) and you can't fault his effort on the pitch.

If he'd come through the youth ranks or been bought at a reasonable price from a lower league side I don't think there'd be any debate about whether to send him out on loan: he scored no goals last season, albeit in a generally impotent side. He needs to prove he can score regularly, and start that at a lower level. Personally I'd like him to go to a league less physically demanding than the Championship. My worry with him is that he's shown intelligence (which in a footballing sense can be learned) but not the raw attributes you cannot teach, most glaringly pace. The jury is likely to be out for some time...

Back
Top Bottom