Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

FA Cup Kits

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Why are Chelsea in yellow? ruined it for me
BBC Commentary said it was because their German manager had won a cup final before when his team wore yellow. Not sure if that is the correct reason. If so, then I don’t agree with changing kit in final.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Celtic played Hibs in the 1972 Scottish Cup Final and again in the 74 League Cup Final and both teams played in their world famous green kits.

No way does that happen in 2022

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Celtic played Hibs in the 1972 Scottish Cup Final and again in the 74 League Cup Final and both teams played in their world famous green kits.

in the good old days if the colours clashed both teams changed their kits

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I can understand that but not Red V Blue, there was case for change in the old black and white tv days as they looked very similar shades of grey

Reaction score
honestly they're blending in with the light patches on the field on my broadcast... managed to make their own clash haha

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet if Chelsea win they will swap back into their blue shirts though.

Spitfire

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was surprised Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland both played in stripes in the play offs even though there was no problem with id. Much better when teams play in their proper colours.

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
no just saying. I think Chelsea should have worn blue but tradition has long gone
I was surprised Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland both played in stripes in the play offs even though there was no problem with id. Much better when teams play in their proper colours.
Yes thought the same myself and agree lets see the proper colours

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can understand that but not Red V Blue, there was case for change in the old black and white tv days as they looked very similar shades of grey
They probably demanded it for the black and white TV viewing, salt of the earth, Merseyside audience. "Not everyone has the colour sets like them there posh Londoners y'know."

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no need for Chelsea to change their kit but this is 2022 where if clubs can flog overpriced change kits to little kids or fat middle aged plastics then they will.

Next season if Luton do not make it up through the play offs am I right in thinking with Norwich and Watford going down Wolves will not actually jersey wise colour clash with anyone next season ? So apart from screwing the fans we will not need a third kit

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is no need for Chelsea to change their kit but this is 2022 where if clubs can flog overpriced change kits to little kids or fat middle aged plastics then they will.

Next season if Luton do not make it up through the play offs am I right in thinking with Norwich and Watford going down Wolves will not actually jersey wise colour clash with anyone next season ? So apart from screwing the fans we will not need a third kit
Good point, cup games?

Tonesterwolf

Reaction score

Don't ever need a third kit really if the colour of the away kit is in complete contrast with our home colours. We wore the away kit at Man City and Southampton when there was no clash and the white at Watford and Norwich so only the white kit was actually needed.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought this was going to be about the Wolves shirt with Cullis on the back that was seen at half time.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
in the good old days if the colours clashed both teams changed their kits
No they didn't. Back in the 50s Wolves only colour clash was with Blackpool. At home Wolves wore their normal strip and Blackpool wore all white. Vice versa at Bloomfield Road.

Spitfire

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No they didn't. Back in the 50s Wolves only colour clash was with Blackpool. At home Wolves wore their normal strip and Blackpool wore all white. Vice versa at Bloomfield Road.
Think that both teams may have been required to change if it was an FA cup match though. Not sure when that was the case but I seem to remember reading about it.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When the Republic of Ireland played Northern Ireland in the European championships a few years ago, we played in Green with white stripes and they played in white with green stripes :D

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure I read somewhere that Chelsea played in yellow because they lost the last 2 Finals wearing blue?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may have dreamt this, but didn't Manchester United once change their kit at half time because they were losing, and the players thought it an unlucky kit.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think that with televised games, some consideration is given to those who are colour blind and that may affect the kit situation.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think that both teams may have been required to change if it was an FA cup match though. Not sure when that was the case but I seem to remember reading about it.

I was trying to think of an FA Cup final where both teams changed kits that I had seen back in the days when it kicked off at 3 pm and was far more of an event that it is now. Eventually it came to me, the 1980 final saw Arsenal play in yellow shirts and blue shorts and West Ham played in all white with some bits of claret and blue on the collars and shorts.

Arsenal made 3 FA Cup finals in row from 1978 to 1980 and not once did they ever play in their home kit !

Back
Top Bottom