Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton Done. What's next.

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking a look at what's to come in the league and if I'm honest I can't see that much of a problem.
February could well see a clean sweep.
Newcastle - home
Bournemouth - Away
Huddersfield - Home.
I'd say on our current form we're more than capable of getting a full 9 points.

Into March sees Cardiff (h) and then comes the trickier stuff. Chelsea (a) which really depends which Chelsea turns up.
Then to the Goonies at home. I'm itching for these horrible little scrotes, our chance to avenge that bloody draw (how far we have come to be able to think that way).

I'm loving this and the next 2 months could quite well see 6 wins out of 7.
Yes I know I am probably jumping too far ahead with the fixtures and our fortunes, but so what?

Coshamwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Taking a look at what's to come in the league and if I'm honest I can't see that much of a problem.
February could well see a clean sweep.
Newcastle - home
Bournemouth - Away
Huddersfield - Home.
I'd say on our current form we're more than capable of getting a full 9 points.

Into March sees Cardiff (h) and then comes the trickier stuff. Chelsea (a) which really depends which Chelsea turns up.
Then to the Goonies at home. I'm itching for these horrible little scrotes, our chance to avenge that bloody draw (how far we have come to be able to think that way).

I'm loving this and the next 2 months could quite well see 6 wins out of 7.
Yes I know I am probably jumping too far ahead with the fixtures and our fortunes, but so what?
Huddersfield is Away.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Quite possible.....one game at a time though. Nuno will thankfully see it that way. :)

Shouldn't get ahead of ourselves but all the signs since the required system change do suggest it can be special for us now. :)

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
Newcastle at home is next in the league.
It's 2nd February so talks of a clean sweep are premature. Hightened expectations won't allow us to enjoy it, it just applies needless pressure. Some of the posts tonight are just going to be future ammunition for rival fans. Pride comes before a fall etc...
Just enjoy tonight, look forward to Shrewsbury on Tuesday and stop applying points that we haven't earned yet and have no devine right to.
If football went to form I'd win the fixed odds every week.
Wim bloody brilliant though, don't get me wrong, I'm excited.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
well I'm hoping we can keep it going for at least one more league game as we are going for the Newcastle match.
We just need to keep doing what we are, we've already achieved so much this season, the rest of the season is a free hit

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
God, we’re sitting pretty aren’t we? The team are really coming into their own now so we have a great chance to consolidate our lock on 7th. and put more space between us and 8th.
I can’t see Utd. or Arsenal stumbling enough for us to sneak into 6th, .....pity, would have been delish to do that.
Football can surprise us but 9 points from February is a realistic goal.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
Keep feet firmly on the ground, I am ecstatic with Wolves season but this is football. One game at a time and leave the rest to N uno and the boys!
First up Shrewsbury, the other games can wait.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are doing this! Yes!!!

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Brentford, Brentford...:smile:...let's just enjoy where we're at and what the team has achieved so far and take it one game at a time. You know the mantra!

It's actually fairly rare for a team outside the top 6 to get three consecutive wins in the PL; we've now done it twice in a season. I'd be delighted if we continued to average around 1.5 points per game for the remainder of the season and snared 7th with a decent cup run thrown in.

Expecting 6 out of the next 7 is, with respect, completely bonkers! It was only a few months ago when we lost at home to Huddersfield and away at Cardiff. Without wanting to sound like a cliche, there are no easy games at this level (sounding like a cliche!)

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Newcastle will be a horrible match as they will come to defend & Benitez is a tactician - might go the way of Watford at home if we’re not prepared.

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Newcastle will be a horrible match as they will come to defend & Benitez is a tactician - might go the way of Watford at home if we’re not prepared.

I'm sure Newcastle, Huddersfield and Cardiff will all set themselves up to nullify our strengths. It'll be completely different to playing the top 6 sides and those in and around us who tend to play their own way and give us decent opportunities on the counter. These have been the kind of games we've struggled in earlier in the season so will be interesting to see how we adapt. I think having three in the middle should help but each of those games will be a real battle and points will have to be earned.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think we've moved on from the Watford/Huddersfield/Cardiff games. No we aren't going to win every game remaining, and you may be right, but I don't think we'll get bullied in midfield again. And can't see Newcastle beating us.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Beat Shrewsbury and then Bristol.
Chase down Chelsea.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Oh, it's a lot more than that, with them. Must be 40 years since we beat them. If we beat Arsenal, for me the season is complete! I remember the time, maybe in our first PL season under Dave Jones, when we played them in the League Cup. We had our first team out and they put out a virtual youth team. And they battered us 5-1. One of the most humiliating experiences ever, to me. And that FA Cup semi-final.... Please beat them, Nuno.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The League is great, but I’d love to beat Shrewsbury and Bristol City and get a home draw in the FA Cup quarters.

Can’t see a problem with Shrews. Funnily enough, Bristol away could be the toughest game we’ll play, at least in the Cup.

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Everton are truly, well done....as they have 6 home games left, and play only Burnley outside top 6, Man C & U, Gooners, Chels, Lpool...and Burnley their last one...so lucky get 7 points from all 13 matches, until end of season?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom