Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Everton (A) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1647155448465.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYY!!!

Here we go again. After Thursdays emphatic and exciting win, we on our travels today to take on another one of the league’s strugglers.

Everton will give us a real test, let’s not kid ourselves. They’re desperate for points and in front of their own fans they’ll be up for putting up a sign that they can pull away from trouble. They have an awful fixture list left so you’d expect they’ll be targeting a win today as a must.

For us we have to be prepared to dig in. 90 minutes is a long time and Everton’s defence will give us opportunities in the game. I think if we can hold off whatever they throw at us early on, we’ll have a platform to grow and possible go on and win.

In terms of team news, you’d hope we can name the same line-up as Thursday, but they’re will be doubts about Jonny and Boly’s fitness to play 2 quick games.

Whether you’re following from Liverpool, Wolverhampton or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

D

Deleted member LP 3925

This is what I’d like today along with a win:

• Raul Jimenez has scored in all five Premier League appearances against Everton. In the competition's history, only Mohamed Salah has a better 100% record against the same opponent, scoring six goals in six matches versus Bournemouth.
Just the kind of positive affirmation we need of how good Wolves have consistently been over half of a decade.

Come On You Wolves!

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hate games like this after such a good performance earlier in the week as excitement is high and more often than not, in the past, Wolves have let us down with uninspiring performances. Hopefully today will be different (it's the hope that kills ya!).
Everton is in a poor run of form and IF we play like we did against Watford, Spuds, Man U, we can beat them and heap more relegation worries on them. The team looked really balanced with Boly and Jonny on the right and RAN and Saiss on the left. Hopefully, Bruno is able to pick the same team and if Neves can perform as he did on Thursday and with Neto getting another 30 mins on his road to match fitness, there is optimism. Please reward that optimism, Wolves.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've seen of Everton under Lampard they like to press early in matches. I'm not sure it's an organised press. Spurs managed to cut through it easily enough the other day. We've struggled against pressing teams, so I hope this time we are prepared for it. If we can get at the Everton defence we can have some joy today. I'm expecting a much tougher game than against Watford.

We can win this!!

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A question on Ruben Neves - and happy birthday to the living god. Ruben has 9 yellows and we all know he gets a 2 game ban if he gets to 10. The cut off for that is "game week 32." What's 'game week 32?' This is our 29th game of the season, so does game week 32 = match 32? That is, does Ruben have to avoid a booking in the games vs Everton, Leeds, Villa and Newcastle?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A question on Ruben Neves - and happy birthday to the living god. Ruben has 9 yellows and we all know he gets a 2 game ban if he gets to 10. The cut off for that is "game week 32." What's 'game week 32?' This is our 29th game of the season, so does game week 32 = match 32? That is, does Ruben have to avoid a booking in the games vs Everton, Leeds, Villa and Newcastle?
Yes, as I understand it, 'game week 32' is the same as match 32, so Ruben needs to keep his nose clean for 4 more games.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is what I’d like today along with a win:

• Raul Jimenez has scored in all five Premier League appearances against Everton. In the competition's history, only Mohamed Salah has a better 100% record against the same opponent, scoring six goals in six matches versus Bournemouth.
Just the kind of positive affirmation we need of how good Wolves have consistently been over half of a decade.

Come On You Wolves!
Oh No kiss of death?

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team as v Watford, along with the same performance and final score, PLEASE Wolves!!
C'mon Bruno, you know it makes sense!!

Last edited:

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everton are very good at home (it’s what will keep them up) but they’re fragile and ready to break at any time. If we start like we did at Utd away, getting the ball and attacking, then we can get a nice 2-0 away win.

Neto for Hwang and the rest the same, for me.

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Evertons record looks ok at home, but 3 of their 5 wins at home were their first 3 home matches of the season. They will obviously press hard in the first few minutes, like they normally do, but I can't see them getting past us like Palace did.
If we can get the first goal, can't see anything other than an away win.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Inglorious"
Reaction score

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lawrenson really is a <insert your expletive here>

Hope we ram his prediction down his smug throat!
He doesnt say much wrong tbf
Everton do have a good home record brilliant when compared to their away form so its going to be hard
Richarlison always seems to score against us, and they will be wanting to put that big defeat behind them
If,and its a big if,we start on the front foot and get an early goal,they may just cave in but i wouldnt bank on it
My feeling is a 1-1 draw,really cant see many goals in this one

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely with premier league status assured Bruno could let the shackles off.

We need to go back to what we were doing in the first 3 games of the season.

No point in trying to grind out wins now

Would love to see us starting winning well, But I’d rather play crap for the rest of the season and gain an extra 3 points than play attractive football and leave us open at the back.

Let’s review how we play in the summer or at least until we know top 7 is out of our reach.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to see us starting winning well, But I’d rather play crap for the rest of the season and gain an extra 3 points than play attractive football and leave us open at the back.

Let’s review how we play in the summer or at least until we know top 7 is out of our reach.
There is a happy medium between these 2 positions though, we played well against Watford, secure at the back with attractive attacking football. I think the big difference is that we are starting to take our chances more efficiently when we do create them - the massive difference to those first 3 games.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a happy medium between these 2 positions though, we played well against Watford, secure at the back with attractive attacking football. I think the big difference is that we are starting to take our chances more efficiently when we do create them - the massive difference to those first 3 games.
Watford didnt press the whole game, gave us so much time on the ball,doubt any other team do that against us
We always play well when not pressed lets hope we get a few more like that

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he scores today, Daniel Podence will become the first 165cm height player who weighs less than 60kg to score 7 goals in the Premier League.
Like it! We seem to be in an age where we have stats for everything. Bloody ridiculous at times.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely with premier league status assured Bruno could let the shackles off.

We need to go back to what we were doing in the first 3 games of the season.
Only with an actual goal or 2 included. That's the tricky part. Surprising, but all-out-attack Leeds have scored only one more than us this season. Piling forward doesn't turn into goals unless you have the quality to put the ball in the net.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only with an actual goal or 2 included. That's the tricky part. Surprising, but all-out-attack Leeds have scored only one more than us this season. Piling forward doesn't turn into goals unless you have the quality to put the ball in the net.
And conceded lots more

Back
Top Bottom