Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Euro 2008: Who will you support?

Euro 2008: Who will you support?

• Italy

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • France

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Portugal

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Germany

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Other (please specify...)

Votes: 34 70.8%

• Total voters

Lupo Italiano

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guys

I would be interested in seeing the sort of split that we have on here, no messing around, but seriously, who you will be supporting at Euro 2008 in the absence of any of the home nations.

We have been discussing it on my Italian football site as yesterday The Sun (surprise surprise) ran a feature suggesting where temporary allegiances could lie based on silly stereotypes – eg. If you stink of garlic and wear onions around your neck, support France – I kid ye not…
icon_rolleyes.gif

Today the BBC website is running something similar but a little more sensibly is suggesting using one’s club side as a guage, eg. Liverpool fans could support Spain.

So, was interested to know which (if any) team you will be following and why?

(This is not about who you think will win but who you will be following)

Thanks!

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'll be following 2 teams..

Poland - Because it's where my moms from.

and..

Holland - Because it's where the wife's from.

Last edited by a moderator:

No. 7 George Bowen

Reaction score
Sweden what with my mother being from Tommy Svensson's hometown.

Can't beat a big, strong, well organised Nordic team. Out performing since USA 94.

Hopefully the lads will still be in it when I am Switzerland. I look forward to the ladies.

Come on Sverige! Lycka till?

IrchyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Holland, because I'd like to kid myself that they're the most anglicised of the remaining contenders (in footballing style, not just language).
I just couldn't bear it if Sweden's negative Graham Taylorite anti-football garnered any degree of success. Titta po haar, Suomi ikuisesti!! :)

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
due to my laziness anyone got a full list of the finalists?

T

Templeton Peck

Holland because of Amsterdam, the people in general and the fact that there are few pleasures in life greater than hearing a Dutchman speaking English.

S

singwolf_1

The Netherlands - my cousins are Dutch and besides, always loved the Johann Cryuff teams circa '74

J

jabbawolf

I am stuck between Holland or the Netherlands - can't decide which.

Big Mack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Germany for me as the missus is from there, and I've absolutely no ties to any other country playing.

Flying Fish

Reaction score
Whoever I can get the best deal on. I can't really bring myself to get behind anyone else unless there's money in it

D

Dewsburywolf

I was actually pondering posting something similar yesterday after reading a couple of tabloids and listening to TalkSport who were linking it to players from your team. On that basis I was a little torn between Poland (Frankowski), Portugal (Silas- no laughing please) or Sweden (that Bjorkland fella we had a couple of seasons ago).

So on reflection I'm opting for ...................... Poland.

W

Welsh Y'am Y'am

France, parce que j’ai passé une année Erasmus là et j’ai bien gouté la culture française. J’aime bien l’équipe française, mais il y a plein d’individus dedans alors – il faut qu’ils jouent comme une équipe et ils peuvent gagner le tournoi à mon avis.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Croatia as there a good team and it was a shame about edurdo if thats how its spell it.

J

johnybig32

Im sure there is an A in there...

I too would like Croatia in all honesty because then we can say we were beaten by the champions...

C

Cardiff Wolf

Czech republic who knocked us out and have a group they can win, wouldn't be suprised if they crash and burn again though

J

johnybig32

Well Derr....

I was setting him up for ....." were you ever in it to begin with....." but thanks for that...

Back
Top Bottom