Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England v Hungary - UEFA Nation's League at Molineux: June 15th, 2022

W

WasStefan

Thought the South Bank we’re **** tonight.
First 10 mins they were very loud. We were in the bully lower right next to them so difficult to gauge as normally sitting in amongst it, but it sounded very loud initially but then dropped off a cliff due to team performance

W

WasStefan

Too many Villa flags in there for my liking.
Yeah quite a dew blues/ villa/ albion/ stoke around, lots of wolves shirts tho (even if its meant to be ‘no clubs’)

Wolves chants got going in JL11 concourse half time, very funny. Really surprised there was no trouble yesterday (policeman being punched aside)

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
It felt a bit surreal last night, started with "away" fans in our pub starting singing England chants and unknowingly muscling in on our usual space by the bar. Then walking past others queuing up for "my" stand to make my way to the Billy Wright and totally unfamiliar territory, chastising some Veeela fella for chanting something about his garden shed and reminding him where he was.

Watching an England team playing in my stadium and feeling really detached and a bit dispassionate, to the point that the result barely registered compared to some lesser defeats I walked away from Molineux feeling devastated.

TBH loved the idea of it being at Molineux but if it's another 56 years before they return I couldn't be bothered.

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Felt a bit sorry for all the families in the Billy Upper especially after the 3rd goal when it got a bit toxic and was like being in the South Bank again. Wonder why the lower bit wasn't used for them ?, can't imagine it will entice them again.

W

WasStefan

It felt a bit surreal last night, started with "away" fans in our pub starting singing England chants and unknowingly muscling in on our usual space by the bar. Then walking past others queuing up for "my" stand to make my way to the Billy Wright and totally unfamiliar territory, chastising some Veeela fella for chanting something about his garden shed and reminding him where he was.

Watching an England team playing in my stadium and feeling really detached and a bit dispassionate, to the point that the result barely registered compared to some lesser defeats I walked away from Molineux feeling devastated.

TBH loved the idea of it being at Molineux but if it's another 56 years before they return I couldn't be bothered.
Ha we said the same, felt like an away fan in our own town. Very few familiar faces. Very strange but i enjoyed it overall.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Walked through town beforehand. It was actually quite a nice atmosphere. West Midlands police need to drop the attitude and let away fans into the town. It’s not the 1980’s any more. It’s an embarrassment that they still so vehemently segregate town unlike 90% of the rest of the country.

Hooliganism is on the increase mate.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think people are overreacting about individual player ratings, and should maybe look at the fact noone gave a damn, and the football was so conservative. It was like the last season under Nuno, defenders and midfielders passing to each other for no reason and getting nowhere. Maybe they've stopped playing for Southgate but more likely just on the beach.

Perhaps they could get together and pay the fans back then,if they ay bothered.They pay good money and should see some effort.Glad I dow bother following them anymore.And 2nd favourites to win the world cup.Somebody is havin a loff ay they.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Top sides can always lose International matches at home but usually by the odd goal or two ,but never by that margin .
I realise England won 5-1 in Germany but we were a better team than Hungary at the time.
Negative ,pedestrian football in which if Kane doesn’t score who else does ?I realise he won’t go before the World Cup but unless we actually perform he should go soon after .

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hooliganism is on the increase mate.
There’s been more disorder in the last season, but WMP have never left the 80’s behind. Every other town and city in the country you can walk around and drink in most pubs (within common sense), Wolverhampton and it’s you’re not welcome if you’re not from around here.

Sick and tired of people slagging the place off, and the police only going to justify that view.

W

WasStefan

There’s been more disorder in the last season, but WMP have never left the 80’s behind. Every other town and city in the country you can walk around and drink in most pubs (within common sense), Wolverhampton and it’s you’re not welcome if you’re not from around here.

Sick and tired of people slagging the place off, and the police only going to justify that view.
It would be an absolutely massive **** up if WMP allowed away fans into every pub. A disaster.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would be an absolutely massive **** up if WMP allowed away fans into every pub. A disaster.
So why in this day and age is it not an absolutely massive **** up in every other town and city in the country? Or are they incapable of policing properly like other forces are? Don't say Wolverhampton's got more hooligans/chavs than other places.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So why in this day and age is it not an absolutely massive **** up in every other town and city in the country? Or are they incapable of policing properly like other forces are? Don't say Wolverhampton's got more hooligans/chavs than other places.
They’re not all away welcome.

Wolverhampton center footprint is pretty small considering 32,000 fans attend. We’ve lost bars and pubs due to closure.

When you go to a big city like Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, London you get free reign of the bars and pubs around the train station. Closer you get to the ground, the less away friendly they get. Forest will also be a prime example of this.

The pubs are packed up town as it is on a match day, Wolves could do a lot more to help this. They’re trying with the fan parks but more needs to be done.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can think of a few where it would be a complete warzone.

It suits WMP containing the away fans in the Bluebrick and letting them drink in Stafford, Penkridge, Birmingham etc.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The thing is although we have a city status,we am still ony a town in size.I travel away every other wik and we always stop about 10 miles from the place wim playing.It's very rarely we gew straight in.It will be the same with visiting fans coming to wolves.They will stop at nearby towns.Cannock is a favourite stop for some fans.Brum will be another.Look at it this way.WMP say it's ok this season for away fans to use pubs in Wolverhampton...Say for instance..We are playing Leeds.They will be in the pubs before yow'v gorr outta bed.Then wen ya car get a drink,that's wen the trouble starts.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The thing is although we have a city status,we am still ony a town in size.I travel away every other wik and we always stop about 10 miles from the place wim playing.It's very rarely we gew straight in.It will be the same with visiting fans coming to wolves.They will stop at nearby towns.Cannock is a favourite stop for some fans.Brum will be another.Look at it this way.WMP say it's ok this season for away fans to use pubs in Wolverhampton...Say for instance..We are playing Leeds.They will be in the pubs before yow'v gorr outta bed.Then wen ya car get a drink,that's wen the trouble starts.
It’s true. It stops all this ‘we’ve taken your top pub’ ****.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Indeed. Is he ok?
Don't know, just saw this update from Twitter.

Back
Top Bottom