Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

England v Hungary - UEFA Nation's League at Molineux: June 15th, 2022

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The main thing is the seats in front guarott your legs. Then the toilets. Then the bars. But I still like it, it's one of our own.
For that reason I have to sit in the North Bank otherwise my gonads would lose all circulation.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really shocked me walking up to the Bully upper at 7:35 and after a little queue and a pat down, I was in for 7:40.

The lack of toilets in that stand need addressing. Leg room is really poor but the view is superb in J9.

Had Coventry and Bristol City fans say they were impressed with the stadium.

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Disgrace that Coady didn’t get minutes tonight and yet played in Hungary - Southgate clueless in terms of man management.

crazy England performance - seem to think you win games based on number of passes across the back or into midfield and straight back again .

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
bet it was wierd having non Wolves all round Molineux and the town centre pubs?
Walked through town beforehand. It was actually quite a nice atmosphere. West Midlands police need to drop the attitude and let away fans into the town. It’s not the 1980’s any more. It’s an embarrassment that they still so vehemently segregate town unlike 90% of the rest of the country.

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Disgrace that Coady didn’t get minutes tonight and yet played in Hungary - Southgate clueless in terms of man management.

crazy England performance - seem to think you win games based on number of passes across the back or into midfield and straight back again .
A chauffeur came to collect coady about 8.15

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If England played across the back and into midfield and then back again, Coady should definitely have come on as that's pretty-much Wolves' recent style. I say 'style' in the loosest possible term!

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute clueless numpty of a manager. One of the worst defensive midfield performances I have ever witnessed by Kalvin Phillips who should be nowhere near an England team. How on earth did he stay on the pitch for 90 minutes?

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute clueless numpty of a manager. One of the worst defensive midfield performances I have ever witnessed by Kalvin Phillips who should be nowhere near an England team. How on earth did he stay on the pitch for 90 minutes?
Bellingham and Gallagher were equally garbage; they are not ready for this level. They may be in the future but not for a while. At least we know.

Bogota Wolf

Reaction score
Forgot how bad the Steve Bull stand is, appalling. Worst stand in the premier league. Embarrassing.
Weird. I haven't lived in the country for ages but even I know without even thinking that there are stands at Everton, Palace, Leeds. Fulham and Forest that are worse.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think people are overreacting about individual player ratings, and should maybe look at the fact noone gave a damn, and the football was so conservative. It was like the last season under Nuno, defenders and midfielders passing to each other for no reason and getting nowhere. Maybe they've stopped playing for Southgate but more likely just on the beach.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing that after watching 10 wolves home defeats (including Norwich) this past season and bemoaning our lack of attacking threat , the worst performance at Molineux this season goes to the national team! Absolutely clueless. I have never been keen on Southgate. I think his tactics are dull and he has been found tactically wanting when it really matters as often as he and the team have had success. The nations league ,the world cup and the euro finals. Its great that we are finally in a position with our talent to challenge but wtf was that midfield last night? Phillips is a lower -prem clogger and Gallagher looked at sea. Ramsdale reverted to his Sheffield United form ,James on the left was a disaster, Walker ran around like road runner and John Stones had a stinker. I think the ref sent him off to save him further embarrassment. He won nothing , was off the pace , and looked like a competition winner. England are fortunate to have some fantastic young players but for gods sake play them in an appropriate position and formation. There was zero protection in midfield. It was an awful performance to cap off an awful international break 2 poor draws, two bad defeats , no goals in open play. Put some money on Iran getting something in the opening game on this form!

Last edited:

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Germany ruined any hope of me gloating.

So I'll just commiserate with you chaps.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bizarre - why?, jeez :(
I'm not a massive fan of WMP but seems out of the blue. Maybe to do with the Hungarians fighting the police at Wembley a year ago? They had Balaclavas on which is an East European hooligan thing, and was behind the away end?

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not a massive fan of WMP but seems out of the blue. Maybe to do with the Hungarians fighting the police at Wembley a year ago? They had Balaclavas on which is an East European hooligan thing, and was behind the away end?
With the state of our police now, they were probably stood there clueless on their phone scrolling tinder and now have a £1m compo to look forward to.
(Onviously hoping they suffered no serious harm)

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some will be blaming fosun on here.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good news from last night -

Trevor Jennings had travelled from Harlow, Essex, to Wolverhampton for the match. He said: "I cannot believe it, I just brought a pint for £2.68 in Wolverhampton, the prices are like 1980. You could not get half a pint in London for £2.80. We follow England everywhere, we have got friends who are stuck in traffic on the M6 but we came up on the train, it was lovely."

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The performance last night was dreadful but I don’t think Southgate did himself any favours by not bringing on Coady. I’m not saying he should have started at all but when you’re bringing on Slabhead at 3-0 down why not bring on the captain of the club who’s ground you’re playing at and the player the vast majority of fans there have come to see?

Usually I wouldn’t care or want the manager to care about this sort of thing but at 3-0 down and a raging crowd it seems like a bit of a PR own goal.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some good news from last night -

Trevor Jennings had travelled from Harlow, Essex, to Wolverhampton for the match. He said: "I cannot believe it, I just brought a pint for £2.68 in Wolverhampton, the prices are like 1980. You could not get half a pint in London for £2.80. We follow England everywhere, we have got friends who are stuck in traffic on the M6 but we came up on the train, it was lovely."

Honestly, me and misses were up a few weekends ago and was stunned at paying £5.50 for a single G&T and a pint of Guinness. Thats like 2/3rds of a pint at home for that cost!

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even compared to Birmingham city centre, the average pint is about £4.50. We're lucky to go to home games with such cheap beer.
2.80 trouble is it was probably in the Billy Wright and gives you the ****s.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The performance last night was dreadful but I don’t think Southgate did himself any favours by not bringing on Coady. I’m not saying he should have started at all but when you’re bringing on Slabhead at 3-0 down why not bring on the captain of the club who’s ground you’re playing at and the player the vast majority of fans there have come to see?

Usually I wouldn’t care or want the manager to care about this sort of thing but at 3-0 down and a raging crowd it seems like a bit of a PR own goal.
I was glad he didn’t bring him on. The reaction would have been the same for bringing on a defender at 3-0 down.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never rated him but my word he was poor yesterday, up there with one of the worst performances I've seen down the Molineux.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Of all the things Southgate did wrong last night, not bringing Coady on was not one of them. He did Coady a big favour. I'm not sure the evening would have been improved by seeing Coady come on for the last 10mins at 3-0 to be left stranded for the 4th with a midfield who had given up.

Coady should have started in a back three, but that's another discussion.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So England have got zero good players?
I'd have been furious if I'd had a £100+ day out and seen players not giving a damn...... But then you see De Bruyne etc saying how much they're not taking it seriously and realise it was just a friendly. Shows how much difference teams only giving 90% effort is a real leveller.
We'll be ok come the world cup.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  1. 89'

Booking​

Bendegúz Bolla (Hungary) is shown the yellow card for excessive celebration.
Could be a good quiz question there. 'Wolves player who was booked for an opposition team at molineux without ever having played on the pitch' (assuming he hasn't!?)

W

WasStefan

Apparently it was @Wolves_WMP on Twitter (PC Dave Hulson) that was attacked last night. Some may be familiar.

Back
Top Bottom