Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Embarrassing Sponsors

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see that Celtic are also connected to these alleged crooks. No real surprises.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with the company, but a few years ago Swindon had shirts with “Imagine Cruising” emblazoned on them.

I’d rather not imagine that activity thank you

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
when we had doritos was prety bad

but most embarrassing i remember sheff wed had chupa chups

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The sponsor plastered over our kit is easily the most embarrassing.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seemed to be a lot in that money shop yesterday as I walked past.So it seems to do a job that SOME people want.;).

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand why the Money Shop is seen as infinitely worse than betting firms.

Their aim is to cause at much financial misery overall as they can. It's the only business model that works for them.

As least payday lenders have to make it clear they're ripping you off.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doritos was our best shirt sponsor. That plastic furry logo peeled right off after a hot wash which meant that black away top was perfect.

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure there's a South American team sponsored by a company called Bimbo,that' pretty embarrassing surely.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This current club management team appear to be listening and acting on every facet of the club's operation in terms of fan's feedback and winning back the goodwill and relationship, so far a sterling job has been done.
They will be aware of the animosity and unpopularity that The Moxey Shop deal has created.

It will make no sense to them to be looking at new kit suppliers and new kit designs for a potential global market (China) for it to spoiled with this unpopular logo sponsor. It is the football shirt equivalent of having a face tattoo that you can't get rid of and gets seen every time you're looked at.

C'mon Jeff and Laurie get it binned early.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
This current club management team appear to be listening and acting on every facet of the club's operation in terms of fan's feedback and winning back the goodwill and relationship, so far a sterling job has been done.
They will be aware of the animosity and unpopularity that The Moxey Shop deal has created.

It will make no sense to them to be looking at new kit suppliers and new kit designs for a potential global market (China) for it to spoiled with this unpopular logo sponsor. It is the football shirt equivalent of having a face tattoo that you can't get rid of and gets seen every time you're looked at.

C'mon Jeff and Laurie get it binned early.
Laurie was present when the petition was handed over, was the only one showing a genuine interest and got the feelings entirely.

I'm sure we can afford to buy out their final year @ 292% APR of course

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure there's a South American team sponsored by a company called Bimbo,that' pretty embarrassing surely.
Philadelphia Union too

c-j-sapong-union-usa-today-sports.jpg

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the money shop deal to end before I attend Molineux but where do I draw the line, I don't like the flooding with betting facilities and ads etc at football (or any sport) should I continue to not go?

As many have found out once you break the habit you find other things to do so I doubt I could actually make many games so not worth renewing my ST (specially with games being moved at a whim).

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've been waiting for the money shop deal to end before I attend Molineux but where do I draw the line, I don't like the flooding with betting facilities and ads etc at football (or any sport) should I continue to not go?

As many have found out once you break the habit you find other things to do so I doubt I could actually make many games so not worth renewing my ST (specially with games being moved at a whim).

As Crap as the sponsor is it would never stop me from watching my beloved club through thick and thin

E

Edgmond Wolf

I go home and away
I love it
I am a fan and a supporter

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As Crap as the sponsor is it would never stop me from watching my beloved club through thick and thin

I stopped going with the Hoddle factor as for the first time ever I fell asleep at a game I never ever left early but to my shame I was leaving early, this made me think, why am I going as this is causing me too much pain.

Gave up my ST and just went to the occasional game then moneyshop came along and the rest is history.

The first month was severe withdrawal symptons, then luckily found other pastimes.

That is a fact of life today, there are other things to do if you look.

Will I see the best Wolves team in donkeys years, I don't know..

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldnt give up going because of the sponsor, just not buy anything with the offending wording on it and wear chaucer or goodyear shirts from previous seasons.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I stopped going with the Hoddle factor as for the first time ever I fell asleep at a game I never ever left early but to my shame I was leaving early, this made me think, why am I going as this is causing me too much pain.

Gave up my ST and just went to the occasional game then moneyshop came along and the rest is history.

The first month was severe withdrawal symptons, then luckily found other pastimes.

That is a fact of life today, there are other things to do if you look.

Will I see the best Wolves team in donkeys years, I don't know..

My apologies if I came across as arrogant , I release now how that could of came across.

Weather we go to all game or few games or use to go years ago we are all the same and all wolves fans and supporters of one of the best teams the world has ever seen

T

turner845

Wouldnt give up going because of the sponsor, just not buy anything with the offending wording on it and wear chaucer or goodyear shirts from previous seasons.
The same Goodyear who made many local people redundant including some if my family members. Give me The Moneyshop anyday over Goodyear.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I understand your stance but you really are missing something special

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When it comes to embarrassing shirt sponsors I wouldn't go pointing the finger at others too fast while the money shop is emblazoned on wolves shirt

I don't follow Gridiron, of American Football or whatever it's called these days but I do like how they seem to have no sponsor logos on their kit. Looks great

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Until we can dump the vile Money Shop sponsors we can hardly crow....

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My apologies if I came across as arrogant , I release now how that could of came across.

Weather we go to all game or few games or use to go years ago we are all the same and all wolves fans and supporters of one of the best teams the world has ever seen

You didn't come across as arrogant so no need to apologise, as I sai donce MS have gone then I'll try and get to a game but I have a feeling there won't be many (if any) tickets available with what is happening at Wolves.

Bjorn Star

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm pretty confident we'll get rid of Money Shop at the end of this season. As others have said, if we're in the Prem I'm sure Fosun will want one of their own brands on our shirt and they'll be well aware of how much we hate the Moxey Shop.

I haven't bought any merchandise with the sponsor on and I won't until they're gone.

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The same Goodyear who made many local people redundant including some if my family members. Give me The Moneyshop anyday over Goodyear.
A different set of circumstances and situations that isnt for debate on a football forum.

Back
Top Bottom