Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Does English Football need investment?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A very interesting report about the lack of investment in English football back in 1979. Made at the time Wolves and Forest were moving ahead their new stands. Listen to Clough’s very insightful comments about how the game needed to change, but also consider the questions posed to him about the dangers/risks of Forest spending all that money on a new stand and consider what happened to us. For those who’ve only known post Premier League football, a great insight into what the game looked and felt like in the decades before. Listen to Elton talk about what the experience was like for fans at the time…

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I enjoy watching old videos like that. I have a keen interest in history, so combine that with football and it's a win-win. I go by the saying 'everything changes but it all stays the same'. I think that clip shows just that. There have been some obvious changes to many football stadiums for the better, but when Elton John is talking about English ground he might as well be talking about the Steve Bull stand.

I was listening to Darren Bent on the radio the other day and he was talking about watching Arsenal at Palace on the opening round of fixtures. He could only see 3/4 of the pitch because of restricted viewing angles. It's 2022 and a top club in England still has restricted viewing.

Plus this gives me another chance to promote Stan Cullis' book 'All For The Wolves'. He was making many of the same points in 1960.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus this gives me another chance to promote Stan Cullis' book 'All For The Wolves'. He was making many of the same points in 1960.
Great book to read, and just goes to prove nothing really changes.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Another clip from the same source. "Wasn't like that in my day" some say. Show me the money.

Back
Top Bottom