Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Do Wolves want Liverpool to win league?

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some Liverpool whingebag was saying yesterday it was fixed against them because Man City would have to pay Villa another £15m on the Grealish deal if they won the league

Hope we stuff Liverpool, can't see it like! But hope we do, hope they blame us and ex-red Conor Coady forever for denying them a quadruple - ****ers

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reading **** like that really does make me glad I’m not a fan of one of the ESL-6.

Sure we have our share of conspiracy theorists, but fortunately they never make it to the mainstream.

We will lose to Liverpool because after decades of spending millions upon millions of pounds in the PL, whilst the majority of other clubs like us have had far inferior budgets they are light years away from us in terms of player quality and infrastructure (same as Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc.) - and not because we may get a few quid off the back of the Jota deal.

Lage kickoff team talk:

“Listen boys, you know your old pal Diogo (not Diego), yeah, well, the thing is we could get an extra £1m in the coughers if you go out there and lose today…

I know, I know, that means throwing in your integrity, professionalism and your win bonuses. But just think about Vinny upstairs counting those coins with a smile on his face. Plus, if you play well the Kop will go all quiet as per usual, and the TV cameras can’t have that, so just make sure you roll over today (more than usual), ta.”

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The media trying to cause **** are you surprised? If Man City win the rest is 100% irrelevant.

We will go there to attack and hopefully take some positives from the game

Last edited by a moderator:

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Day by day I’m losing faith in the negotiating acumen of the naive Shi and Sellars.
I know it’s a lazy article and I know the Jota deal has been quoted as being paid on the knock before, but we have received £4m + £13m.
Liverpool and Barcelona must love it when they entice our 2 clowns into the boardroom to cross the T’s and dot the I’s.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Day by day I’m losing faith in the negotiating acumen of the naive Shi and Sellars.
I know it’s a lazy article and I know the Jota deal has been quoted as being paid on the knock before, but we have received £4m + £13m.
Liverpool and Barcelona must love it when they entice our 2 clowns into the boardroom to cross the T’s and dot the I’s.
The fee was something like £41m rising to £45m with add-ons, the add-ons were only £4m.

Don’t get taken in by the absolute drivel the bloke has written because, like so many, he’s getting confused between agreed fees and agreed payment structure.

The payment structure was £4m up front and the rest in instalments which is literally how pretty much every transfer that isn’t a buy out clause is paid.

Shergar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fee was something like £41m rising to £45m with add-ons, the add-ons were only £4m.

Don’t get taken in by the absolute drivel the bloke has written because, like so many, he’s getting confused between agreed fees and agreed payment structure.

The payment structure was £4m up front and the rest in instalments which is literally how pretty much every transfer that isn’t a buy out clause is paid.
I wish I could believe you. But Shi and Sellars seem to have a unique gift for getting shafted.
(The unraveling Adama situation could/will go down as one of the worst transfer representations in Wolves’ history)

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa might have a similar clause in the Grealish deal. Anyway, I doubt these deals have any impact on the players on the pitch. It's not as though the money will go into their pockets.

I bet the players have a win bonus but it didn't make them work any harder when we lost to Brighton.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wish I could believe you. But Shi and Sellars seem to have a unique gift for getting shafted.
(The unraveling Adama situation could/will go down as one of the worst transfer representations in Wolves’ history)
It’s absolutely fine to question some of the things they’ve done, no issues with that.

I just can’t believe the amount that gets made over the Jota deal and how the payment structure has been set which is common practice.

Ironically you’ve got people sitting there complaining that he should have been paid for upfront whilst they sit typing on their phone that they pay monthly for in a house that they pay a mortgage or rent on with a car on the drive on PCP or lease questioning whether paying the fee over a period of time is really a common thing or is it just another thing Wolves must get wrong…

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Carlsberg were planning a perfect Sunday Villa would beat City and Liverpool would be leading 1-0 in the last minute of added time when Neto beats three Liverpool players before squaring to Coady who scores. The ref then blows straight away as Liverpool kick off.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just can’t believe the amount that gets made over the Jota deal and how the payment structure has been set which is common practice.

Same here, can’t believe how much people go on about the structure of the Jota deal, that’s literally how all big money deals are usually set up. Liverpool have not ‘done us’ here. It’s a completely normal deal, and one we’ve made with many clubs for both players coming in and going out.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Haha. Yes, the reason we will lose to Liverpool is definitely because we want them to win the league to ensure we get more money for Jota.

I might actually tell myself that when the fifth goal goes in...
I was thinking 7th goal...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Carlsberg were planning a perfect Sunday Villa would beat City and Liverpool would be leading 1-0 in the last minute of added time when Neto beats three Liverpool players before squaring to Coady who scores. The ref then blows straight away as Liverpool kick off.

Villa win 6-0 too, so Liverpool lose it on goals scored.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not in this case; but generally speaking I do think add ons in contracts does have the potential to cause conflicts of interest.

Imagine if the result couldn’t affect our league position but Liverpool winning got us £10M !

I’ve always thought all transfers should be one off fees paid upfront. No add ons, no staggered payments.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What drivel.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do wonder how much we will ultimately get for Diego. The article implies £17mill received so far.

Football transfers inc agents fees need to be more transparent.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You do wonder how much we will ultimately get for Diego. The article implies £17mill received so far.

Football transfers inc agents fees need to be more transparent.
I’m sure you’ve forgotten the packet of crisps.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People get paid for writing this trash? I'm in the wrong job.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let me tell you, I ******* don't.

Was hoping City would have already had it wrapped up by Sunday.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will go there to attack and hopefully take some positives from the game
Is what you’re taking available over the counter?

I’m more worried about the hole that appears between Coady and Boly down the right side of our defence. If the likes of Pukki can exploit it at will I shudder to think what Diaz, Mane, Jota and Salah will do. If we’re 5 down at half time do you think they’ll go easy second half?

kentish wolf

Reaction score
I would love to get some sort of result at Anfield .
But if I am honest it is a massive ask.
However whatever happens we will finish top 10 .
Have to admit though whatever has caused our poor performances over the last. 10 or so games needs sorting in the summer otherwise we will be next seasons cannon fodder.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not being taken in by that nonsense article but if the figures are correct it will take 7 years to get all the cash for Jota
That seems a hell of a long pay as you go deal for a player
Yeah i know its all swings and roundabouts with monopoly money on spread sheets but still seems a long time to me lol

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not being taken in by that nonsense article but if the figures are correct it will take 7 years to get all the cash for Jota
That seems a hell of a long pay as you go deal for a player
Yeah i know its all swings and roundabouts with monopoly money on spread sheets but still seems a long time to me lol
I’m pretty sure it’s £4m up front, £13m in each of the following 3 summers (or a bit under that per the Macquire loan we took against it) to make the initial £41m. So that’d be 3 years with it paid in full by next summer.

The add-ons are presumably paid as they are met.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it’s £4m up front, £13m in each of the following 3 summers (or a bit under that per the Macquire loan we took against it) to make the initial £41m. So that’d be 3 years with it paid in full by next summer.

The add-ons are presumably paid as they are met.
Yeah your probably right,i was taking it we have already had 2 payments but no its only one after the initial up front

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What if, and call me mental, but what if, we throw the game and Liverpool still don’t win the title as is likely to happen even if they do win?l the game?

Are we also going to somehow stop Man City winning their game too for our couple of million (that we’re likely to lose more than anyway by dropping a place or two when we don’t win Sunday)?

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love us to score a last minute equaliser as Villa romp to victory at man city

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought exactly this as I scanned that article. Jota and Traore, 2 of our most saleable assets in years, and we get get taken for a ride by both Liverpool and Barca. God knows what will happen with Neves - we'll let him go for a free, then an instalment at Xmas and another in 12 months?! Makes you despair.

Back
Top Bottom