Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diego Martinez?

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Loads of speculation on line regarding several managers currently without clubs. Even saw someone suggesting Karanka was of interest....

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's interesting is that a day after Nuno went he was already listed in the betting for our next manager, along with most of the usual suspects, which I thought at the time was very interesting. He got Granada promoted and has them performing well above where you would expect them to be - consecutive top half finishes in La Liga, a Europa League Quarter Final, and semi-final of the Copa del Rey. Almost identical to us! He'd be a very interesting candidate, I'd expect several clubs will be in for him and that's why he decided to leave Granada.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's interesting is that a day after Nuno went he was already listed in the betting for our next manager, along with most of the usual suspects, which I thought at the time was very interesting. He got Granada promoted and has them performing well above where you would expect them to be - consecutive top half finishes in La Liga, a Europa League Quarter Final, and semi-final of the Copa del Rey. Almost identical to us! He'd be a very interesting candidate, I'd expect several clubs will be in for him and that's why he decided to leave Granada.
He has left with his whole team so he must have something at least on the go

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What he has achieved with Granada has certainly been impressive i would hope we have at least reached out for an interview to ensure we find the best person to take us forward

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would hope he will be interviewed if he's interested.
Was 33/1 now 20/1 , probably being bet on through the comparisons with nuno though , although transfermarkt has his preferred formation as 4-2-3-1 also

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
He is worth an interview but I think we already have our man sorted and they will be coming from Portugal.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is worth an interview but I think we already have our man sorted and they will be coming from Portugal.
Not saying it won’t be but why are we so certain it is lage ? I’d imagine it’s only shi , wild and sellars who know what’s what and if one of them leak info they will know who the source is ? Wouldn’t potential managers sign none disclosure stuff too ?

Belfast Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Lage coaching team from 2018/19 seaso

Attachments

• CABF61ED-6895-4CD4-9898-15EA1ABEB1DF.jpeg
    CABF61ED-6895-4CD4-9898-15EA1ABEB1DF.jpeg
    140.7 KB · Views: 51

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage coaching team from 2018/19 seaso
Nélson Veríssimo is currently the coach of Benfica B, presume he would follow Lage to us as he was his assistant for both Benfica B and the first team

Minervino Pietra has been at Benfica since 2007 and in a coaching role there since 2009, so doubt he'd follow Lage, but who knows

Marco Pedroso was at Benfica since 2009 but left a few weeks after Jorge Jesus was appointed manager so he could possibly follow Lage to us as he's still currently without a club

Jhony Conceição will definitely be following Lage, he was part of Carvalhal's setup at Sheffield Wednesday and Swansea and Lage got him to join Benfica when he was appointed head coach. Left Benfica shortly after Jorge Jesus was appointed and is currently without a club.

Alexandre Silva would also follow Lage I'd imagine, he was in his setup in Benfica B, and was fitness coach for the first team only under Lage. Left Benfica shortly after Jorge Jesus was appointed and is currently without a club.

Fernando Ferreira was Benfica B's goalkeeping coach under Lage, got called up to the first team with him and has been kept there in his role by Jorge Jesus it seems. He could leave Benfica and follow Lage, but I wouldn't say it's as much as a guarantee as some of the others

Back
Top Bottom