Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Detailed article in Nuno

St.Simon.

Reaction score
I say this about very few men, and I've been around for quite a long time...but Nuno is a born leader.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I love this man, I always wonder what reasons there are for his family not to come over to England and whether that puts a strain on their relationship? It must be a big sacrifice for him to spend the majority of his time here whilst his family remains in Portugal, what a bloke.

D

Deleted member 3751

Really good read, that. I like that the club set something up that would help some of the national journos get a better insight into Nuno than at the pre-match press conferences when he gives nothing away and answers everything the same!

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
I love this man, I always wonder what reasons there are for his family not to come over to England and whether that puts a strain on their relationship? It must be a big sacrifice for him to spend the majority of his time here whilst his family remains in Portugal, what a bloke.

I read somewhere that his daughters are at university in Portugal and he didn’t want to move them. Nuno went on to add, “most nights we have dinner together, through video calls, they may be in another country but I am still close and see them everyday.”

Something along those lines. He really is the model professional, not letting work and family life cross over. His mentality and focus, under these circumstances, are unreal!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting thought, Nuno spent most of his playing career on the bench. Does this help him to motivate and keep all the squad feeling relevant when they are not in the first 11?

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus speaks the world listens. Let's all go to church tomorrow, and give thanks.

Wulfrunian

Reaction score
That’s a great read.

Mourinho once said: ‘When you have Nuno, you don’t have to worry about the dressing room’

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was the most concerning bit for me:

Now Nuno lives alone in a flat in Wolverhampton while his family stay in Portugal. “

I know how hard it can be to spend time apart from those you love, especially when you are not feeling 100% or things aren’t going well.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Now Nuno lives alone in a flat in Wolverhampton while his family stay in Portugal. “

I know how hard it can be to spend time apart from those you love, especially when you are not feeling 100% or things aren’t going well.

I bet it's a nice flat though!

But yeah, I bet it's tough to be away from family for long periods of time, I know there's skype and facetime but you can't beat seeing someone in person. Sometimes with football we just think what a brilliant life it is to be a footballer, or a manager, but there's a lot of sacrifice involved.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I bet it's a nice flat though!

But yeah, I bet it's tough to be away from family for long periods of time, I know there's skype and facetime but you can't beat seeing someone in person. Sometimes with football we just think what a brilliant life it is to be a footballer, or a manager, but there's a lot of sacrifice involved.

At the end of the day jade,it's a job.(with good money)I have a mate who is on the oil rigs,he spends a lot of time away from his family as well.Don't think he gets 3 million a year though.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
At the end of the day jade,it's a job.(with good money)I have a mate who is on the oil rigs,he spends a lot of time away from his family as well.Don't think he gets 3 million a year though.
Oh yeah there’s a lot more demanding jobs out there, doctors and teachers and that, but sometimes it’s really easy to ignore some of the things about being a manager which ain’t so great.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd take the job any day if I had Nuno's Knowledge.Perhaps he likes his own company,and now he's playing golf every day and walks around on Compton's plush training pitches it's got to be better than walking the decks of a rig on the north sea.Not having a moan with ya,just pointing out there are far worse jobs about.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
I'd take the job any day if I had Nuno's Knowledge.Perhaps he likes his own company,and now he's playing golf every day and walks around on Compton's plush training pitches it's got to be better than walking the decks of a rig on the north sea.Not having a moan with ya,just pointing out there are far worse jobs about.
I agree. All I’m saying is like, you think football manager, what a dream job, but even though yeah it’s great there are some drawbacks

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My Man United supporting colleagues - three of them in the same office - are all in agreement that Nuno is their next manager. My Arsenal and Liverpool supporting colleagues - five of them in that same office - all say that Nuno is too good for little Wolves.

One Wolves, five Birmingham, three Villa, three West Brom, three Manure, four Liverpool, one Arsenal.

That's your West Midlands football fan demographic today.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
My Man United supporting colleagues - three of them in the same office - are all in agreement that Nuno is their next manager. My Arsenal and Liverpool supporting colleagues - five of them in that same office - all say that Nuno is too good for little Wolves.

One Wolves, five Birmingham, three Villa, three West Brom, three Manure, four Liverpool, one Arsenal.

That's your West Midlands football fan demographic today.
Five blues fans?! I’ve not met five blues fans in my life! What naughty things have you done to end up working with five of them at once?!

E

E is for idiot.

Five blues fans?! I’ve not met five blues fans in my life! What naughty things have you done to end up working with five of them at once?!

They are about young Jade. I married into a family of them. Fortunately my wife isn't really into football so there hasn't been a battle for my kids loyalties.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
What a stupid question about the academy players.
You can't but love this man. He looks great with his trimmed beard and most importantly for me was that he has spent time home with his family.

He really does not like these press conferences... Great man!!

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could not love this man any more than I do.
He inspires you. I am now going to go forth with the rest of my life fully motivated and fully preparated.
He even comes up with his own new English words that are ten times better that the originals.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's probably not enjoying being asked how he goes about his business,and why should he say anything just for other managers especially new ones to pick out his good traits.We've already heard Moore say we take it game by game.We are working together as a team.( yow will never be a PACK though baggie boilers ).The less he says the better for me.We all know wat Nuno is about,we Dow need to read it.Although it is nice.;)

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MANY thanks for posting this AK.
EXCELLENT read.

gewolf

Reaction score
'I hope I can win Premier League manager of the month again'. When I read that I thought it was the first arrogant comment I have ever heard from him and that how unlike him it seemed.

'Next time it will be for the guys from the kitchen.’ That next comment actually made me laugh! What a guy he is and how blessed we are to have him.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fantastic, I woke up this morning thinking I ****ing love Nuno and needed to post that somewhere! Love him! God I have missed club football these past couple of weeks.

D

Deleted member 4453

It depends. Obviously it's not a situation I'm in but I often would not mind one bit if I lived alone permanently, maybe I'm an introvert.

Of course he has kids and it's a completely different scenario but if he is it might make the whole thing easier for him?

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great read, and words from a very grounded individual.
To quote: "So everybody is important, yes? I hope I can win the award again. Next time it will be for the guys from the kitchen."

Says it all doesn't it. Incredible times right now at Molineux. :)

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
That's a great read.

He understands totally the importance and requirement to have everyone united and pulling in the same direction 'as one' for the greater purpose. No more limited, egotistical prima donnas creating issues and opposing forces to **** it all up, they understand the 'way' is to commit to perfecting the plan and strategy.....we all know how **** it becomes when there is a lack of flexibility and quality that is then undermined further by questionable commitment. :)

The identity comment is interesting. We have Barca and now ourselves that function this way to clearly defined styles but are there many more?

However well we do the test for us IMO will be next season as we will not be an unknown entity with how/what we are - the real stress testing of the identity will be then. Keeping and improving our quality is critically important if we really want to make it work and progress.

D

Deleted member 4453

Unlikely to happen but we know that were it to, Rego would be so far up Nuno's posterior he would come out spitting beard everywhere

Yeah I tend to find he's a bit of an ******** WUM on the phone in but when someone important graces his presence he's right up their ****.

Back
Top Bottom