Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

December Fixtures!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Better amounts of rest than previous seasons, unless I'm missing something?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Add an extra line break between each fixture Wolves!

ASB

Reaction score
Three 12.30 kick offs not ideal - especially on Boxing Day when not even for TV. Does 2 hours extra rest for players really make that much difference?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Three 12.30 kick offs not ideal - especially on Boxing Day when not even for TV. Does 2 hours extra rest for players really make that much difference?
Klopp reckons there is a lot of data that suggests it does matter, they made that change because of the clubs asking league to

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Is there a chance that we will face a weakened side if Chelsea have to do Club World Cup around that time?
I’ve been looking into this as my son and I have already booked our hotels rooms in anticipation of a weekend JBO. It looks like Chelsea get direct entry to the semis and there is a 3rd place play-off so they will be playing two games. The final is on Sunday 19th and so I presume the 3rd place play-off will be on the Saturday that our game is scheduled for although I can’t confirm this.

As such I can’t see our game going ahead as I can’t see them agreeing to play a weakened side against us. Does anyone know what has happened in previous years?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I’ve been looking into this as my son and I have already booked our hotels rooms in anticipation of a weekend JBO. It looks like Chelsea get direct entry to the semis and there is a 3rd place play-off so they will be playing two games. The final is on Sunday 19th and so I presume the 3rd place play-off will be on the Saturday that our game is scheduled for although I can’t confirm this.

As such I can’t see our game going ahead as I can’t see them agreeing to play a weakened side against us. Does anyone know what has happened in previous years?
Liverpool played a weak team against Villa in the cup when they played in it, and then I think their league games got moved around.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Must admit I would prefer us to play teams that are at full strength, gives a more accurate metric to measure ourselves by.

In saying that, without Otto, Neto and Trincao et al, we could be considered weakened but not through our own choice!

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
According to a Daily Mail article dated 7 October (sorry can’t do a link) FIFA are meeting this Wednesday and will discuss moving the Club World Cup to next year following Japan pulling out as hosts so hopefully our game goes ahead as scheduled.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember us beating Watford on Boxing Day a few years back, it was snowing and it sent the Sky box funny. Think Dicko scored.

Tough set of fixtures there but there are no easy games on paper. Always love the amount of football on at that time of year.

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea game won’t go ahead they will go for the club World Cup
Previously discussed in posts #s 6, 8, 9, 10 & 12 above. #12 suggests Club World Cup will be moved to a different set of dates (presumably in 2022) due to host, Japan, pulling out of original arrangement.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to a Daily Mail article dated 7 October (sorry can’t do a link) FIFA are meeting this Wednesday and will discuss moving the Club World Cup to next year following Japan pulling out as hosts so hopefully our game goes ahead as scheduled.

suggests decision on Wednesday.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I remember us beating Watford on Boxing Day a few years back, it was snowing and it sent the Sky box funny. Think Dicko scored.

Tough set of fixtures there but there are no easy games on paper. Always love the amount of football on at that time of year.
Yeah I was there for that one, absolutely horrendous weather I seem to remember.

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know if Wolves have communicated it yet, but with the Club World Cup being moved, Chelsea are somewhat unexpectedly playing PL games through December and, after some jiggling around with their fixtures, our match against them is in fact on Sunday 19th December (2 pm kick-off, but not on TV)

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't know if Wolves have communicated it yet, but with the Club World Cup being moved, Chelsea are somewhat unexpectedly playing PL games through December and, after some jiggling around with their fixtures, our match against them is in fact on Sunday 19th December (2 pm kick-off, but not on TV)
Oh FFS! Thanks for pointing this out. It looks like Chelsea’s midweek game v Everton the week before has been pushed back to Thursday 16th for TV hence our game being pushed back a day.

Last edited:

LythamWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The official Wolves site has now updated the Chelsea game fixture to 2pm on the Sunday but I can’t seen any announcement of the date change on either the OS or Twitter so I’m highlighting here in case anyone isn’t aware of the date change.

Amanda

Reaction score
Busy old time ay it, I love us having loads of games on, specially over Christmas

JaseWWFC

Reaction score
Anyone else just had a notification to say Liverpool tickets are on sale ???

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Be doing well to average more than a point a game from that little lot.
Not inconceivable that we could end up something like this

H Burnley 0 pts
H Liverpool 0 pts
A Man City 0 pts
A Brighton 0 pts
H Chelsea 0 pts
H Watford 3 pts
A Arsenal 0 pts
A Man U 1 pt

The next 3 games Everton, Palace, Norwich very important to up 6+ imo.

Last edited:

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

H Burnley 0 pts
H Liverpool 0 pts
A Man City 0 pts
A Brighton 0 pts
H Chelsea 0 pts
H Watford 3 pts
A Arsenal 0 pts
H Man U 1 pt

Think you may be on the wrong site, this Premier League not the Championship

T

TheConcourse

H Burnley 0 pts
H Liverpool 0 pts
A Man City 0 pts
A Brighton 0 pts
H Chelsea 0 pts
H Watford 3 pts
A Arsenal 0 pts
H Man U 1 pt

Bloody hell mate, what are you doing dropping messages like that on a Monday morning pre-9am for.. fixed it for you.

Burnley - 3
Liverpool - 3
Man City - 3
Brighton - 3
Chelsea - 3
Watford - 3
Arsenal - 3
Man U - 3

Last edited by a moderator:

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

H Burnley 0 pts
H Liverpool 0 pts
A Man City 0 pts
A Brighton 0 pts
H Chelsea 0 pts
H Watford 3 pts
A Arsenal 0 pts
H Man U 1 pt

I'd change your Man U prediction if I were you, we're away ;)

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bloody hell mate, what are doing dropping messages like that on a Monday morning pre-9am for.. fixed it for you.

Burnley - 3
Liverpool - 3
Man City - 3
Brighton - 3
Chelsea - 3
Watford - 3
Arsenal - 3
Man U - 3
That extreme optimism makes me wonder what was in your fix..... lol

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score