Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

DAZN leaves Canada….use Fubotv instead

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For my Canadian neighbours, DAZN‘s contract is finishing at season‘s end and Fubotv will show all PL games.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For my Canadian neighbours, DAZN‘s contract is finishing at season‘s end and Fubotv will show all PL games.

Is this due to DAZN haemorrhaging money worldwide? Although the article does mention them taking over BT sport but that deal fell through with BT entering into exclusive talks with Discovery.

W

WasStefan

DAZN is owned by Russian oligarch Len Blavatnik. Seems to have gone a bit under the radar recently

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t love everything about the DAZN app but I do love the price and that it also includes CL and EL and NFL Sunday ticket. Things will become more expensive.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
I don’t love everything about the DAZN app but I do love the price and that it also includes CL and EL and NFL Sunday ticket. Things will become more expensive.
I have German Sky and DAZN. But DAZN are set to increase their prices dramatically.
Last year 119,99 Euro which was great, this year 149,99 Euro fair enough for what you get.
But going up to 278,99 Euro when my yearly subscription ends which is quite a hike.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have German Sky and DAZN. But DAZN are set to increase their prices dramatically.
Last year 119,99 Euro which was great, this year 149,99 Euro fair enough for what you get.
But going up to 278,99 Euro when my yearly subscription ends which is quite a hike.
Oof. That’s a massive hike. I’m at €108 yearly for all the stuff I listed, and now €72 for just PL and Serie A, which I also got with DAZN? I’m not getting CL, EL, Championship, and NFL Sunday ticket for €36 per year so my cost could almost double as well, although I’ll probably pass on NFL.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Sigh, that's cheap!
Here in Finland I pay 39,95€ a month for my Viasat Premium package. It does include extras though; Film channels, history, nature, kids channels etc, but I think I could get it for 34,95€ if I only got the footie.
It seems we are getting ripped off here, compared to what others pay for the service!?

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
Oof. That’s a massive hike. I’m at €108 yearly for all the stuff I listed, and now €72 for just PL and Serie A, which I also got with DAZN? I’m not getting CL, EL, Championship, and NFL Sunday ticket for €36 per year so my cost could almost double as well, although I’ll probably pass on NFL.
I will probably still pay the increased DAZN subscription. I get FAC, LC, Championship, most Champions League and EL games.
Pay 9,99 Euro a month for German Sky Ticket, fairly basic but get most PL matches, about 90% of Wolves home and away games shown.
German Sky show UK Sky, BT Sport and Amazon Prime matches, hence so many.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s about 40m people in Canada and football is not big at all. The rights to broadcast here probably cost zilch.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sigh, that's cheap!
Here in Finland I pay 39,95€ a month for my Viasat Premium package. It does include extras though; Film channels, history, nature, kids channels etc, but I think I could get it for 34,95€ if I only got the footie.
It seems we are getting ripped off here, compared to what others pay for the service!?
The cheapest Sky Sports package including football is the equivalent of 56 EUR per month on an 18 month minimum contract. It does include Sky TV and Netflix but Sky only have rights to less than half the PL games.

Berlin Wolf

Reaction score
DAZN have taken a leaf out of Vinny's book, basically saying their product has been too cheap.
We entered the season with a very low price considering the portfolio.
It is only through this price adjustment that DAZN does justice to the actual value of our portfolio.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I pay a subscription if I think there is value; ie Netflix, Amazon Prime etc. Sky can do one for the prices they charge.
If Sky was £20 pm, I’d sign up, even though I can watch things for free on alternative media, as Sky is a superior quality to streaming.
The Premier League are missing a trick though. The time has come to open up the 3pm market on PPV. They’d no doubt **** it up as usual by asking for too much. £7.99 is a fair price. £19.99 is a joke.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s about 40m people in Canada and football is not big at all. The rights to broadcast here probably cost zilch.
Plus DAZN only stream at 720 thus saving on bandwidth costs. But on my 65 tv the quality is great .

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus DAZN only stream at 720 thus saving on bandwidth costs. But on my 65 tv the quality is great .
I too have a 65 but I’m a bit close to it for the quality. The app for LG stinks IMO, works much better on my tablet.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I too have a 65 but I’m a bit close to it for the quality. The app for LG stinks IMO, works much better on my tablet.
I have 2 year old Sony and the Dazn app is a bit of a drudge.….much better on my iPad

TheTwoPigeons

Groupie
Reaction score
For any temporary Canadians when Wolves are playing (courtesy of a VPN), this is a shamet, are there other countries via Dazn that show premier League football?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
T

TheConcourse

Hello any Canadians…….
here is a link to Fuboltv regarding watching the PL next season.
They have a discount if you sign up before the end of June.

$180 for every PL game live and on-demand? Incredible value. We pay the best part of double that for 1/5 of games live on Sky.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
$180 for every PL game live and on-demand? Incredible value. We pay the best part of double that for 1/5 of games live on Sky.
Crap kick off times though. I watch a lot of UFC in with my BT subscription and the Yanks pay $75 for each PPV per month.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We paid similar before DAZN won the tv rights 3 years ago.…..and before them, most of the time they only showed the ‘sexy’ games.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I get all the games free with my Mobile plan, although they are scrapping that and i have to pay £3 a month now for it.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Isn't it amazing that, in England, we pay more to watch English football on TV than other nations around the world? That stinks.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The cheapest Sky Sports package including football is the equivalent of 56 EUR per month on an 18 month minimum contract. It does include Sky TV and Netflix but Sky only have rights to less than half the PL games.
You can get all the Sky Sports channels on Now TV for £34.99 a month. Less if you pick up an offer and threaten to cancel at the end. I’ve been paying £15-17pm for the last 10 months, which isn’t too bad.

Seems to be a lot of people streaming on fire sticks now though. Cost of living makes it no surprise really, but broadcasting in this country is really due a big shake-up. Pretty sure palms are being greased to stop the PL launching their own service.

W

WasStefan

I get all the games free with my Mobile plan, although they are scrapping that and i have to pay £3 a month now for it.
In fairness i get BT sport free through my phone contract. But i pay an arm and a leg for that anyway

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yup. Optus in Australia just announced they have 6 more years of EPL...every game live on a superb app or via an internet TV box and they reckon they have 1 million subscribers here.
It costs around 8 quid a month for every single match, or about 60 quid a season for non-Optus customers as retail price.
If you have a mobile phone or broadband with them, they throw the sport subscription in for free !

edit...reading Mugwumps post, they're going to start charging about 3 quid a month to existing customers, but it will be in 1080p from now on. Still can't argue with that, it's a brilliant deal.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness i get BT sport free through my phone contract. But i pay an arm and a leg for that anyway

Its not too bad a price to pay considering i can get every game on demand. Not sure what BT offer.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yup. Optus in Australia just announced they have 6 more years of EPL...every game live on a superb app or via an internet TV box and they reckon they have 1 million subscribers here.
It costs around 8 quid a month for every single match, or about 60 quid a season for non-Optus customers as retail price.
If you have a mobile phone or broadband with them, they throw the sport subscription in for free !

edit...reading Mugwumps post, they're going to start charging about 3 quid a month to existing customers, but it will be in 1080p from now on. Still can't argue with that, it's a brilliant deal.
In contrast, I pay just under £11 a month for every NRL game, State of Origin and all the Fox Sports shows through the Watch NRL app. Think it costs nearly twice that in Australia?

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In contrast, I pay just under £11 a month for every NRL game, State of Origin and all the Fox Sports shows through the Watch NRL app. Think it costs nearly twice that in Australia?

It used to be quite a lot when accessed via Foxtel (Sky) but i switched it off years ago when they lost the football rights and we moved house...they basically offered the usual discount to stay but i couldn't be bothered anymore with a dish.
They have a thing called Kayo which is an online app for $25 a month for 1 channel at a time viewing but it covers all NRL, English Super League, cricket, AFL, F1........it's abundant but i've never bothered with it.
I don't know if you can access this but its just surprised me how much is on there for that price.

State of Origin is FTA here, and we get 3 NRL matches a week and 1 Super Rugby match, plus home cricket tests....i no longer watch Australian "soccer" because it makes me want to put my foot through the TV, but I do miss the Matty Johns show.....but i was only watching that and Sky News UK so it was a waste of money for me.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It would be a pretty similar price here for that if you have Kayo, maybe a tad more.

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It used to be quite a lot when accessed via Foxtel (Sky) but i switched it off years ago when they lost the football rights and we moved house...they basically offered the usual discount to stay but i couldn't be bothered anymore with a dish.
They have a thing called Kayo which is an online app for $25 a month for 1 channel at a time viewing but it covers all NRL, English Super League, cricket, AFL, F1........it's abundant but i've never bothered with it.
I don't know if you can access this but its just surprised me how much is on there for that price.

State of Origin is FTA here, and we get 3 NRL matches a week and 1 Super Rugby match, plus home cricket tests....i no longer watch Australian "soccer" because it makes me want to put my foot through the TV, but I do miss the Matty Johns show.....but i was only watching that and Sky News UK so it was a waste of money for me.
Ah yeah, it’s the 9 feed we get for State of Origin. Sky Sports show the NRL games 9 screen as well, but prefer the Fox commentary.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah yeah, it’s the 9 feed we get for State of Origin. Sky Sports show the NRL games 9 screen as well, but prefer the Fox commentary.

I'd love for Fox to get Origin. Nine's coverage is always so biased towards NSW. Even when QLD were absolutely dominating the narrative was always about NSW instead of really giving credit to one of the best rugby league sides of all time. I guess Fox probably wouldnt be much different seeing as they are stacked with NSW grubs on their panels :laughing:

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd love for Fox to get Origin. Nine's coverage is always so biased towards NSW. Even when QLD were absolutely dominating the narrative was always about NSW instead of really giving credit to one of the best rugby league sides of all time. I guess Fox probably wouldnt be much different seeing as they are stacked with NSW grubs on their panels :laughing:
Was just about to say, yeah not much different with Fox, it’s very Sydney based. Queensland are usually mentioned briefly as an afterthought.

Back
Top Bottom