Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

David Brooks.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth player David Brooks has been diagnosed with cancer.

In a statement he said he has been diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin Lymphoma and will begin treatment next week.

I wish him all the very best and hope he makes a full recovery.

Welford Wolf

Reaction score
Thought for a long time that he was their best player, the type of player we should sign. Wish him well in his recovery and his battle with cancer, and hope he gets back playing.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All the best to him. Always rated him as a good player. Hope he is back out on the pitch soon.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Seen him play many times for Wales and wanted us to sign him a few years back. He is super talented when fully fit. He suffered a long-term injury and seemed to not really reach his previous levels. I wonder if this is anything to do with it. Terrible for the lad, puts football into perspective. Some good news in that he said "...the prognosis is a positive one."

David Brooks: Wales and Bournemouth midfielder diagnosed with cancer - Wales and Cherries' Brooks has cancer

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The day the earth stood still. He and his family must be in a state of shock and disbelief.
Nearly 9 years ago my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma but, thank god, she’s fine now. Your life suddenly changes and you’re in a different place and mindset. It’s a constant state of quiet terror as you go through all the medical procedures.

However, great advances have been made in treating this and hopefully he will be fine and live a long and healthy life.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The day the earth stood still. He and his family must be in a state of shock and disbelief.
Nearly 9 years ago my wife was diagnosed with stage 4 lymphoma but, thank god, she’s fine now. Your life suddenly changes and you’re in a different place and mindset. It’s a constant state of quiet terror as you go through all the medical procedures.

However, great advances have been made in treating this and hopefully he will be fine and live a long and healthy life.
Absolutely, a sudden serious illness changes everything. Your perspective on what is important and what isn't completely changes. Glad your wife has recovered.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bournemouth player David Brooks has been diagnosed with cancer.

In a statement he said he has been diagnosed with Stage 2 Hodgkin Lymphoma and will begin treatment next week.

I wish him all the very best and hope he makes a full recovery.
Hope that he gets the same support and has the same outcome as Keems.

R

reanswolf

It is one of the best cancers to get, but that sounds so crass I know. Like Vancouver, I know it well - I have studied it in detail since my 14 year old son got it in late 2018, he is currently in remission but you just have to be watchful and he has regular scans. It could come back. I've nursed my poor mom through a brain tumour til she died 3 years ago, my dad died of prostate cancer earlier this year, and my wife of 18 years is divorcing me. Its weird how life can change, 4 years ago I felt like the luckiest man in the world, but then bang bang bang bang, it makes you immune to pain and emotion. Now I live on my jack jones. But everybody has **** in their lives at some stage, or you are very lucky if you don't. I know lots of us have medical issues and emotional sadness due to relationship breakdown. But you have to crack on, there is always someone more unfortunate than you, you could be a wilderbeast calf eaten by hyenas ten seconds after your are born - now thats a bag of **** aint it!

For me, these 4 things all happened to me frustratingly during the best 3 years of my Wolves supporting life 2017-2020. Its made me realise just how important Wolves are to me, but watching my 14-year old lad with no hair at the game (due to chemo) and looking pale and thin trying to celebrate Neves goal v Derby - the best goal I have seen in my 50 years watching Wolves, but having to hold him up and calm him down was such a conflict of emotions.

But Brooks will have a very good prognosis, all stages of Hodgkins Lymphoma have 80-90% survival now. He will be fit and strong and will get through it I fully expect, but its the shock of having cancer that takes its toll, not so much when you are older, though of course its still absolutely devastating. But I do believe that for a young person to get it is doubly-so. It will take a couple of years for him to get over the emotional damage of it all, but the human mind is surprisingly resilient and adaptive to emotional damage and his football will get him through. But right now, he will be in devastated shock, but from this point it should only get better.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It is one of the best cancers to get, but that sounds so crass I know. Like Vancouver, I know it well - I have studied it in detail since my 14 year old son got it in late 2018, he is currently in remission but you just have to be watchful and he has regular scans. It could come back. I've nursed my poor mom through a brain tumour til she died 3 years ago, my dad died of prostate cancer earlier this year, and my wife of 18 years is divorcing me. Its weird how life can change, 4 years ago I felt like the luckiest man in the world, but then bang bang bang bang, it makes you immune to pain and emotion. Now I live on my jack jones. But everybody has **** in their lives at some stage, or you are very lucky if you don't. I know lots of us have medical issues and emotional sadness due to relationship breakdown. But you have to crack on, there is always someone more unfortunate than you, you could be a wilderbeast calf eaten by hyenas ten seconds after your are born - now thats a bag of **** aint it!

For me, these 4 things all happened to me frustratingly during the best 3 years of my Wolves supporting life 2017-2020. Its made me realise just how important Wolves are to me, but watching my 14-year old lad with no hair at the game (due to chemo) and looking pale and thin trying to celebrate Neves goal v Derby - the best goal I have seen in my 50 years watching Wolves, but having to hold him up and calm him down was such a conflict of emotions.

But Brooks will have a very good prognosis, all stages of Hodgkins Lymphoma have 80-90% survival now. He will be fit and strong and will get through it I fully expect, but its the shock of having cancer that takes its toll, not so much when you are older, though of course its still absolutely devastating. But I do believe that for a young person to get it is doubly-so. It will take a couple of years for him to get over the emotional damage of it all, but the human mind is surprisingly resilient and adaptive to emotional damage and his football will get him through. But right now, he will be in devastated shock, but from this point it should only get better.
Hope that things get better for you and work out as you want. Sad how often apparently rock solid relationships fall apart in the bad times.

I know of a three year old with terminal cancer in Shropshire and sadly his parents have split under the strain.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You’ve certainly been through the ringer. Sorry for your losses. I remember the pics you posted of your son at the time and its great to see that he is doing well now.
Maybe next year will bring a great new chapter to your life.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember watching him at Sheffield United and though he looked a great prospect.

When I saw the title I thought, great we’re in to sign him. Didn’t expect to read he had cancer. Wish him all the best in his treatment and a speedy recovery.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wishing jonzy all the best with his problems and reans with alot going on in his life.
Everyone has similar things going on, I myself have stopped working after 38 years as a skilled welder on good money, ....I'm 56, as my wife has vascular dementia and needs me.
I hope David Brooks gets the help he needs and it can be sorted.
A note to all .... its good to talk even on the mix.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Wishing jonzy all the best with his problems and reans with alot going on in his life.
Everyone has similar things going on, I myself have stopped working after 38 years as a skilled welder on good money, ....I'm 56, as my wife has vascular dementia and needs me.
Thank You

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
That's hard Steve, have had dementia in the family, but must be so tough when it's your wife at such a young age and you having to give up work. Hope you have some help and are able to look after yourself too.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
My wife and eldest daughter were diagnosed with breast cancer .It has been a horrible time
Sorry to hear that Jonzy, can imagine it has been awful. Thoughts are with you. We often have no clue what other people on the Mix are going through, and if we did know it might make us pause and think a bit more carefully about what we write sometimes.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Jonzy, can imagine it has been awful. Thoughts are with you. We often have no clue what other people on the Mix are going through, and if we did know it might make us pause and think a bit more carefully about what we write sometimes.
Thank You

Back
Top Bottom