Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cutrone

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is probably (hard to quantify, but still) the best striker on our books at the moment. At least he's ready to go. Which is more than I can say for the other 2 nominal strikers in our books, for different reasons. Of course I am ruling out Bonatini, who is probably the second best striker on our books. Not due to talent, but due to circumstance.

Sure, I expect derisions of laughter, and me telling you I told you so for a whole year like I did with Rafa Mir.

Don't care. Have at it. Enjoy.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With 5 subs allowed and Silva likely going out on loan then we may as well keep him.

He always seemed to put the effort in on the pitch even when things weren't going great and doubt we'd get any transfer fee for him so would likely end up paying towards him playing somewhere else next year.

If one goes in off his **** who knows where it might go from there.
:eek::)

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The first 25 seconds on Cutrone, the clip doesn't include when he got in the way of a goal bound shot (I forget from whom). He was consistently like this, lacking confidence and precision. There's no comparison to Fabio, who shows skill and attitude.

The rest of the clip is for the happy memory!

Rauls Headband

Reaction score

The first 25 seconds on Cutrone, the clip doesn't include when he got in the way of a goal bound shot (I forget from whom). He was consistently like this, lacking confidence and precision. There's no comparison to Fabio, who shows skill and attitude.

Yeah, if he had scored that chance, makes you wonder what he may have been. I think for him the confidence thing is massive.

It was interesting seeing that little clip from the Burnley friendly, watching Coady (ignoring the slap on the butt cheek!) putting his arm around him after the assist for the 3rd goal, definitely as Captain trying to do a job to encourage him so maybe there's something in it.

Not saying Cutrone is THE answer but we need to find sources of goals, and with the current state of things with not spending in the transfer market we have to "find solutions in the squad" ;) (nods to Nuno)

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Freddie Eastwood could still do a job too presumably…

How much evidence do some people want and need?

Re-watch the Chorley away game if you’re still in doubt / delusion here

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Re-watch the Chorley away game if you’re still in doubt / delusion here
Sure, but if we want to use Chorley as the benchmark we should bin 10 '1st team PL standard players' and should have signed Vitinha!

p.s. edit - watching Adama puff his chest out and try to intimidate the Chorley bench and coaching staff one of the funniest things I've seen

Last edited:

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sure, but if we want to use Chorley as the benchmark we should bin 10 '1st team PL standard players' and should have signed Vitinha!

Watch most other games he’s played over the last 3 years then. I only mention Chorley as he was particularly dire that day and caused their defenders zero problems all match. You can sign up to Wyscout on a free trial for two weeks and watch his highlights if you’re still in doubt.

I’d have signed Vitinha by the way as I said on various threads at the time. It was clear he was technically a very good player and has a high ceiling.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He has a great attitude, not sure on the skill though. Can definitely finish, but apart from that? One or two decent passes is to be expected from any forward with Premier League pretensions.

His all round stats from last season were poor, overall, even when equated "per minute". Lost possession more than anyone, bad passing, lost his aerial duels, doesn't get us up the pitch, outpaced by ageing defenders many times. From all the matches I've seen him - including the Under 23 and Portugal youth matches, the one thing he can do is finish and he is good at that. Better than Cutrone,for sure! The rest of that Portugal youth team provide the skill, pace and basically set him up for the finish , which he applies. Unfortunately, we do not have the pulling power required to build a similar team in this league that can create chances for *any* striker to apply the finish. Hopefully he can develop the rest of his game at Anderlecht as he is still so young, plenty of time to improve. Just don't think he's anywhere near Premier League level at the moment.

<EDIT> And neither is Cutrone. Would rather have Cav, Costa and maybe, just maybe, Bonitini o_O

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a great attitude, not sure on the skill though. Can definitely finish, but apart from that? One or two decent passes is to be expected from any forward with Premier League pretensions.

His all round stats from last season were poor, overall, even when equated "per minute". Lost possession more than anyone, bad passing, lost his aerial duels, doesn't get us up the pitch, outpaced by ageing defenders many times. From all the matches I've seen him - including the Under 23 and Portugal youth matches, the one thing he can do is finish and he is good at that. Better than Cutrone,for sure! The rest of that Portugal youth team provide the skill, pace and basically set him up for the finish , which he applies. Unfortunately, we do not have the pulling power required to build a similar team in this league that can create chances for *any* striker to apply the finish. Hopefully he can develop the rest of his game at Anderlecht as he is still so young, plenty of time to improve. Just don't think he's anywhere near Premier League level at the moment.

<EDIT> And neither is Cutrone. Would rather have Cav, Costa and maybe, just maybe, Bonitini o_O
I'm not convinced by Cutrone either, although we never gave him a sustained run in the team. Bonatini though? After a great initial six months he proved so inadequate in the Chump that we brought Afobe back. Under what even vaguely feasible logic therefore do you consider that he has any prospects as a PL player?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not convinced by Cutrone either, although we never gave him a sustained run in the team. Bonatini though? After a great initial six months he proved so inadequate in the Chump that we brought Afobe back. Under what even vaguely feasible logic therefore do you consider that he has any prospects as a PL player?

Desperation. Sheer desperation.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
Watch most other games he’s played over the last 3 years then. I only mention Chorley as he was particularly dire that day and caused their defenders zero problems all match. You can sign up to Wyscout on a free trial for two weeks and watch his highlights if you’re still in doubt.

I’d have signed Vitinha by the way as I said on various threads at the time. It was clear he was technically a very good player and has a high ceiling.
I don't need to, I was there for most of them. I said it would be unpopular opinion (and so it has proved!) but I do think he can do a job (if he had the right mindset which unfortunately he doesn't at the moment) rather than writing off another £18M due to mismanaging an asset who could have much more potential.

Like Fabio (who scored ZERO goals last season), I think he's been hung out to dry a little and made a scapegoat for the team playing a system that doesn't play to his strengths. Fabios off the ball movement and positioning is superb for a kid 19 years old, just the expectation on him (through no fault of his own) is off the chart and he takes flack for it. Cutrone isn't as good as Fabio in this, but its not as terrible as a lot of folks want to make out.

Unless Raul rediscovers his form (and I really hope he does as lets face it there were folks who wanted to bin him off before even giving him a chance of recovery), we're going to need as much firepower as we can get up top now Fabio is out on loan. Cutrone is (at the moment) in the squad and I think he should be given a chance.

ps, even more unpopular opinion I don't think Hwang is as garbage as made out on here either though will say that Liverpool game is one of the most awful displays I've seen in a Wolves shirt in over 20 years!

pps, I'll caveat the above by saying if we do sign a decent forward this window then all bets are off :)

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cutrone might just about do a job for them lot over in Handsworth but for Wolves no chance, and if we are relying on him to get us goals then we are in big trouble.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well, we will see, but I think there's a genuinely good player in Fabio. What was the game towards the end of the season when he held the ball up, under pressure from 2 defenders on about the half way line, then released the pass which eventually led to a goal? My memory is crap these days. Anyway, he's only turned 20, maybe the move to Anderlecht is a smart one, though I'm disappointed. I hope he has a breakthrough season and can return and be what he all hope he can be.
I think Cav is in the Fulham bomb squad by the way, out of Silva's plans. I'd prefer him to Cutrone too, any day!

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we will see, but I think there's a genuinely good player in Fabio. What was the game towards the end of the season when he held the ball up, under pressure from 2 defenders on about the half way line, then released the pass which eventually led to a goal? My memory is crap these days. Anyway, he's only turned 20, maybe the move to Anderlecht is a smart one, though I'm disappointed. I hope he has a breakthrough season and can return and be what he all hope he can be.
I think Cav is in the Fulham bomb squad by the way, out of Silva's plans. I'd prefer him to Cutrone too, any day!
There was also a fantastic crossfield pass to a player free at the far post, that someone didn't take advantage of, but my memory for details is also crap.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff Shi tomorrow Cutrone is my man to fire us to the top of the premiership

Majority of Wolves fans : Better start planning for Millwall the season after

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I’ve said multiple times on Cutrone there is a player in there but he’ll be a late developer, hitting a purple patch in his late 20’s.

With 5 subs and Fabio gone I’d keep Cutrone. BUT we still need to sign a goalscorer.

Wolf In Essex

Reaction score
Someone posted this from earlier on this evening, on his own having dinner in the Mount. Guessing his missus hasn't come over yet?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220711-210657_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220711-210657_Facebook.jpg
    814.1 KB · Views: 272

NothingButNeto

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Someone posted this from earlier on this evening, on his own having dinner in the Mount. Guessing his missus hasn't come over yet?
Interesting that his shorts have the P before 24. That’s usually saved for the U23s. Maybe wolves know he’s on his way out?

Back
Top Bottom