Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cutrone

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Means nothing. If he doesn’t move he needs a squad number. Can’t imagine any of the superstars we’ve got lined up are going to lose much sleep about the number 17 being unavailable. In fact that’s probably the first thing Jeff asks prospective signings so as to retain squad harmony and explains why Botman didn’t join as he wanted Coady’s number.

Rauls Headband

Reaction score
This may not be a popular opinion but I'd like to see if Cutrone can sort his head out, and fight for a place in the side.

It was clear he didn't react well to being booted by his boyhood club, then had the disorientation of joining a new club, in a new country, with a manager in Nuno who didn't appear to have a lot of patience in indulging that (sort of understandably with a lot of other players in a similar situation).

Totally on him of course on whether he could have behaved differently but I've always thought with a bit more time he could have come good but unfortunately he went the way of a lot of Italian players who've struggled in the PL.

Like a lot of strikers I do think he's a confidence player, and there is obviously a decent footballer in there somewhere, but I think his confidence took a shredding when AC Milan unceremoniously threw him to the Wolves (literally :)), and then when he found thing difficult, missed a few chances (e.g. that opportunity against City), that only sunk what little confidence he had further.

Obviously if he's been that burned he wants out then he should go but if he's going to be worth the value of jack ****e soon anyway perhaps we could role the dice and see if there's something that can be salvaged.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
Apparently that's his squad number
Kilman wore 6 last year in at least one friendly, was hoping thst is what he'd be given, but changed to 23.

If he's playing i guess he needs a number, whilst it might end up his swuad number it doesn't mean it's definite.

Maybe if we do change system a bit it will work for him. Think it is best he goes, but we need someone to want him

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
and there is obviously a decent footballer in there somewhere

I think that's the thing. Decent is about his level.

Average when it comes to pace, physicality, finishing, heading and workrate. Probably below average for passing and link up play.

He shone more at AC Milan with better players around him.

But journeyman striker is probably about as good as he will ever be.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t particularly rate the lad but I’ve got no real issue with him being around the first team next season as another option. He looks like he could be a bit of a fox in the box which could be very handy at stages - particularly if Raul is still last season’s version of himself.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This may not be a popular opinion but I'd like to see if Cutrone can sort his head out, and fight for a place in the side.

It was clear he didn't react well to being booted by his boyhood club, then had the disorientation of joining a new club, in a new country, with a manager in Nuno who didn't appear to have a lot of patience in indulging that (sort of understandably with a lot of other players in a similar situation).

Totally on him of course on whether he could have behaved differently but I've always thought with a bit more time he could have come good but unfortunately he went the way of a lot of Italian players who've struggled in the PL.

Like a lot of strikers I do think he's a confidence player, and there is obviously a decent footballer in there somewhere, but I think his confidence took a shredding when AC Milan unceremoniously threw him to the Wolves (literally :)), and then when he found thing difficult, missed a few chances (e.g. that opportunity against City), that only sunk what little confidence he had further.

Obviously if he's been that burned he wants out then he should go but if he's going to be worth the value of jack ****e soon anyway perhaps we could role the dice and see if there's something that can be salvaged.
Completely agree. Feel he has talent

fleck1

Reaction score
Controversial I know but I never thought he was that terrible. He was a young lad turfed out of his boyhood club, to come to a side he'd probably never heard of with a manager who didn't fancy him. There is a more than handy player in there, you saw the emotion and frustration in him when he got his goal against West Ham. The only question is does he want to be here and is he ready to get his head down and kick start his career.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think there is a player there IF he sorts his head out and works hard for it.
And we need help up front with no other options at the moment.
Of course, if we sign Belotti tomorrow them tarrar!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
It's probably unfair, but when I think of him the only things that come to mind are the Man City and Liverpool away games.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's crap and doesn't want to be here. There's no way he will be in the squad at the end of August.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Be very Don Goodman esq, if cutrone had a good year for us and got a new contract....and then did nowt again...he was the master at it ..

Last edited:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it must be time for the annual "Cutrone could be an option" thread. Always a good read before he inevitably heads out on loan, ripping up whichever league he finds himself in.

21/22 31 apps, 3 goals
20/21 24 apps, 0 goals
This is my concern. Like a couple of posters above I always thought there's a decent player in there and he suffered from not being in Nuno's favourites XI

However his record out on loan is not great to date. At 24 you'd want to be seeing some kind of upward trajectory

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as he isn't a toxic element in the dressing room then I've no problem with him sticking around, especially when we are so light on centre forwards. Ideally of course, we would manage to get a permanent transfer for him back to Italy that recovers as much of the transfer fee as possible.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I have said much the same.

Johnny5

Reaction score
I don’t rate him personally and by all accounts had a bad attitude so don’t think that helps the squad.
Add in his rubbish record back in Italy on loan and I don’t see how he can be beneficial to us.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Average when it comes to pace, physicality, finishing, heading and workrate. Probably below average for passing and link up play.

Perhaps more than a little harsh. Most journeymen don't get any international caps.

Zico

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Well if he's average for pace, physicality, finishing, heading and workrate, then as things stand he should be the first striker on our teamsheet.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps more than a little harsh. Most journeymen don't get any international caps.

Journeyman strikers do!

He has one Italy cap. The same number of caps as Jay Rodriguez, Frazier Campbell, Jay Bothroyd, Kevin Davies, Dean Ashton, David Nugent, Michael Ricketts and Francis Jeffers.

All had decent careers at multiple clubs. But we need better.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Really don't think it's obvious at all! Well, it's obvious there's a player at his best, somewhere around top Championship/Bottom 6 Premier League level - which is "decent". But doesn't really improve us. With many strikers, as gets mentioned repeatedly with Fabio, they often have patchy records till some point in mid-20's when they suddenly start banging in the goals. There's always hope this could happen. But so far, he's tried and unimpressed at several clubs, so you can't blame the way we play for it.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Fabio Silva does go on loan this season and Cutrone fills his place, that is at least an improvement in that one example.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if Fabio Silva does go on loan this season and Cutrone fills his place, that is at least an improvement in that one example.

In what way? They both have terrible goal records and I've seen nothing to suggest Cutrones all-round play is better.

D

Deleted member intdint

Journeyman strikers do!

He has one Italy cap. The same number of caps as Jay Rodriguez, Frazier Campbell, Jay Bothroyd, Kevin Davies, Dean Ashton, David Nugent, Michael Ricketts and Francis Jeffers.

All had decent careers at multiple clubs. But we need better.

None of those players have an Italy cap.

Also, Cutrone is still only 24, he has every chance to get back in the Italy squad if he moves to a club on a permanent deal.

Dean Ashton was a bloody good player, too.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeez, can we stop with the Silva slating - even if this is indirect. His fee isn't his fault, the lad is 19

In what way? They both have terrible goal records and I've seen nothing to suggest Cutrones all-round play is better.

Indeed, they actually have very similar records over the past two years, both have relatively scant minutes on the pitch:

Over the last two seasons:

* Silva averages 35 mins per appearance and a goal every 478mins
* Cutrone averages 37mins per appearance and a goal every 562mins

at 4.5 years younger, I'd take Silva, he also has more assists.

That said, right now, a loan is perfect for Silva and a career away from Wolves will be best suited to Patrick unfortunately.

Guzeppi

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Controversial I know but I never thought he was that terrible. He was a young lad turfed out of his boyhood club, to come to a side he'd probably never heard of with a manager who didn't fancy him. There is a more than handy player in there, you saw the emotion and frustration in him when he got his goal against West Ham. The only question is does he want to be here and is he ready to get his head down and kick start his career.
Love you.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With 5 subs allowed and Silva likely going out on loan then we may as well keep him.

He always seemed to put the effort in on the pitch even when things weren't going great and doubt we'd get any transfer fee for him so would likely end up paying towards him playing somewhere else next year.

If one goes in off his **** who knows where it might go from there.

Back
Top Bottom