Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Cup run

Neves wolf

Reaction score
I wonder with new owners we might actually take the cups more seriously and go on a cup run. I can't remember the last one we went on.

D

Deleted member 4309

I want promotion really couldn't care less about a cup run.

M

MonkeySpanner

Doubt we'll be anywhere near promotion this season but it would be nice to have a crack at a cup run.

F

Forkbeard

I want promotion really couldn't care less about a cup run.

Fosun are only after promotion, and I agree with you- it's just a distraction, especially with a small squad. I guess WZ will be up for it, though.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whats a cup run? Please can someone explain?

Is this anything to do with the annual tradition of buying a ticket for a game, not covered by my overpriced season ticket, sitting in the bottom tier of a half shut stand, freezing my tits off, watching a half assed mix of youth and fringe 1st teamers run around and then we lose one nil to a lower league team and go home?

Actually, I'm not that fussed.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would love to get to the FA Cup final, preferably if it kicks off at 3pm !

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Jackett had a fantastic cup record so if zenga could get anywhere near it remains to be seen.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i hope so when takeover was rumoured I had a punt on us winning the FA cup at 250 -1
competition does't start till later in season so chance to get the aquad together and get some more players in before it does

B

Benson

Is this anything to do with the annual tradition of buying a ticket for a game, not covered by my overpriced season ticket, sitting in the bottom tier of a half shut stand, freezing my tits off, watching a half assed mix of youth and fringe 1st teamers run around and then we lose one nil to a lower league team and go home?

Never happened at home.. but we lost 2-3 to Northampon a couple of years ago.

Personally I like the cup games with youths and fringe players. I am interested in more of the club than just the current first team starting XI and I have appreciated most of the league cup games I have been to. To see possible future first teamers making their debuts is interesting, not boring.

Doherty, Griffiths and Batth all made their first senior game in a cup game. Others like Forde, Winnall and Reckord also did and never really made it.

A week from now some of our new ones will make their first game for us vs Crawley. I am looking forward to that game.

K

kwolf

i hope so when takeover was rumoured I had a punt on us winning the FA cup at 250 -1
competition does't start till later in season so chance to get the aquad together and get some more players in before it does
hope you only wasted a pound ,i would give you odds of 5000/1

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

This is the problem though. The apathy of the club has caused apathy amongst the fans and we have got into a vicious circle of decline. Did you go to Wolves - v Newcastle for example - tell me nobody cared that day.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder with new owners we might actually take the cups more seriously and go on a cup run. I can't remember the last one we went on.

Cup run!!!!!
We gonna bloody win it, probably both
Come on you Wolves
We all agree Zenga is better than Wenger

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes wolves in the 5th round would do its that bad

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is the problem though. The apathy of the club has caused apathy amongst the fans and we have got into a vicious circle of decline. Did you go to Wolves - v Newcastle for example - tell me nobody cared that day.

Yep, 2002/03 - it's telling that we have to go back 13 years for a memorable moment.

Floyd Man

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back in the day, '60s/'70s, the FA Cup games were huge. If you wanted a ticket the queues went right around the ground. Sometimes a ticket wasn't required and the away followings were enormous. It's very sad what has happened, essentially because of money. I'll bring up the old one about a Champions League place - that would re-invigorate it.

Back
Top Bottom