Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Crystal Palace

Neves wolf

Reaction score
just watching the highlights of the match with Sheffield Utd and noticed Crystal Palace have the same sponsor as us. Has this happened before where a company has sponsored more than one team. I can’t say I’ve noticed it before.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sheffield Wednesday and Southampton were both sponsored by 'Sanderson' in the Premier League, in the same season, for around 3 consecutive seasons for a period around the mid-1990's.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised Liverpool have never been sponsored by Royal Mail because they would be a perfect fit.

Both perform well until the very last moment when they're close to delivering the goods - but then they both go AWOL right at the end and fail to deliver after all.

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
Palace were another copycat a couple of seasons ago when both they and Bournemouth had Mansion Bet on the shirt.

citrus_wolf

Reaction score
This did make me think though about how certain sponsors used to be synonymous with clubs when I was younger... If I say these sponsors I'm sure you can all recall the shirts: JVC, Carlsberg, Sharp, Brother, Walkers, Danka, McEwans, Fisons, Holsten..

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This did make me think though about how certain sponsors used to be synonymous with clubs when I was younger... If I say these sponsors I'm sure you can all recall the shirts: JVC, Carlsberg, Sharp, Brother, Walkers, Danka, McEwans, Fisons, Holsten..
Haha I had a Carlsberg Liverpool shirt. My Pappy's friend thought I was a fan cause he saw me chirp my Pappy about being a Villa fan.

USA Wolf

President, Jordan Graham Fan Club
Reaction score
32 Red sponsored 5 teams in the Championship last season and I believe Bet365 sponsors or sponsored “half” of La Liga teams.

I’m a bit over the betting companies on shirts. What’s Doritos up to? We’re still perfect for a new line of nacho cheese deliciousness

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

True. I associate Mita Copiers with Villa, Holsten with Spurs, Elonex with Wimbedon, NEC with Everton, Sharp with Man Utd, etc.

They had those sponsors for what seemed forever.

I'll always have a soft spot for Good Year on our shirts too.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So are we allowed threads on other teams just not Villa? Could we have a list of the teams it’s acceptable to debate and have discussion on without upsetting people who didn’t need to click on the said thread in the first place?

People really need to get over that Villa thread being closed.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
People really need to get over that Villa thread being closed.
It’s not about getting over anything. I’m just trying to get my head around the logic, we closed a topic because it is popular with many and provokes discussion and debate. But we’re ok to have one open for Crystal Palace as no one really cares about them? Seems to make perfect sense.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm surprised Liverpool have never been sponsored by Royal Mail because they would be a perfect fit.

Both perform well until the very last moment when they're close to delivering the goods - but then they both go AWOL right at the end and fail to deliver after all.

And they leave the gate open for others to sneak in.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s not about getting over anything. I’m just trying to get my head around the logic, we closed a topic because it is popular with many and provokes discussion and debate. But we’re ok to have one open for Crystal Palace as no one really cares about them? Seems to make perfect sense.

Its definitely about getting over it. There are other threads on Villa or you can create a new one.

Or I suppose you could just concentrate your efforts on moaning about every thread that's about a different club. I am sure that will be extremely productive.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It really is about getting over it

Plenty of places to discuss other clubs where relevant. That thread was just odd, especially with a Villa fan (however 'civil') bumping it up deliberately

If villa carry on like this, they'll get relegated and hopefully we can focus on what's in hand - like playing Man U and Torino

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Isn't that Spurs?

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
If I say these sponsors I'm sure you can all recall the shirts: JVC, Carlsberg, Sharp, Brother, Walkers, Danka, McEwans, Fisons, Holsten..
Arsenal, Liver**** and Wimbledon, Man Utd, Man City, Leicester, not sure, Rangers and Celtic, Ipswich and Spurs

Back
Top Bottom